HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Speculation: The Ex Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1160739)

BBKers 04-10-2012 02:32 PM

The Ex Rangers
 
Was kinda bored today so I put together a list of players that once played in our organization and played pro hockey this year. I might have missed a couple - pls tell me who to add - but here below is the list. The question I ask is if anyone thinks that any combination of these players could form a team that could compete with our current NYR squad. I think it brings good light on the organization right now - no?

FORWARDS
P.A. Parenteau
Olli Jokinen
Jaromir Jagr
Pascal Dupuis
Marc Savard (assumed healthy)
Scott Gomez
Matt Cullen
Manny Malhotra
Vinny Prospal
Nik Antropov
Wojtek Wolski
Lauri Korpikoski
Mikael Samuelsson
Chris Higgins
Erik Christensen
Mike Knuble
Adam Hall
Dominic Moore
Mike Mottau
Tom Pyatt
Petr Sykora
Radek Dvorak
Joey Crabb
Jed Ortmeyer
Jody Shelley
Dale Weise

DEFENSEMEN
Wade Redden :naughty:
Marek Zidlicky
Nate Guenin
Derek Morris
Michal Rozsival
Corey Potter
Fedor Tyutin
Matt Gilroy
Tom Poti

GOALIES
Al Montoya
Steve Valiquette :amazed:

PROSPECTS
Roman Horak
Evgeny Grachev
Bobby Sanguinetti
Tomas Kundratek

AHLers
Patrick Rissmiller
Alex Auld
Aaron Voros
Colton Orr
Dane Byers
Corey Locke
Ryan Hollweg
Dave Liffiton
Jeff Taffe
Alex Giroux
Chad Wiseman

Skates in The Hudson
Sean Avery

MIA
Huge Specimen

asphyXy 04-10-2012 02:40 PM

Out of that entire crop, I'd probably only take Tyutin, Malhotra, and a healthy Savard.

Metal Militia 04-10-2012 02:41 PM

add nik antropov

haohmaru 04-10-2012 02:43 PM

Zidlicky was our draft pick.

BBKers 04-10-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haohmaru (Post 47667669)
Zidlicky was our draft pick.

Thanx - added

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metal Militia (Post 47667571)
add nik antropov

Thanx - done...

Stugots 04-10-2012 02:48 PM

Are we talking just guys who are in the NHL? Prucha, Dawes, and Hossa still play in the KHL.

BBKers 04-10-2012 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stugots (Post 47667965)
Are we talking just guys who are in the NHL? Prucha, Dawes, and Hossa still play in the KHL.

Tried to stay with players in North America (Valiquette excluded). Lisin played in Russia I believe, also our old friend Wraparounds Frolov. Christian Bäckman played in Sweden. And... our old friend Jason Strudwick played for my brothers team (GM) in Sweden too...

Killem Dafoe 04-10-2012 02:55 PM

Savard (healthy) and Jagr (just because he's always awesome)

other than that, that is one terrible looking team there.

ChrisKreider20 04-10-2012 03:13 PM

Adam Hall and the ever popular Dominic Moore...


EDIT:

and Tom Poti you ******** nerd!
and Mike Mottau

BBKers 04-10-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaBorat (Post 47669277)
Adam Hall and the ever popular Dominic Moore...


EDIT:

and Tom Poti you ******** nerd!

You are so right
It gets uglier & uglier...

BBKers 04-10-2012 03:29 PM

Prospal - Savard (healthy) - Jagr
Nik Antropov - Jokinen - Parenteau
Higgins - Gomez - Dupuis
Korpikoski - Cullen - Malhotra

Samuelsson, Pyatt, Shelly

looks --- not that brutal.But the D - Oh my Lord the D.
And Montoya in net :help:

Would this team beat the Bluejackets in a 7 game series?
The Islanders???

GWOW 04-10-2012 03:35 PM

add Crabb (F), Guenin (D), Mottau to (D) Prospal (F)

ChrisKreider20 04-10-2012 03:42 PM

*I added Mottau to my previous post - he's a D btw
but since AHL counts...
Patrick Rissmiller
Alex Auld
Voros even though he was eventually released..
Dane Byers
Corey Locke
Ryan Hollweg
Dave Liffiton
Jeff Taffe
Alex Giroux
Chad Wiseman

BBKers 04-10-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaBorat (Post 47670923)
*I added Mottau to my previous post - he's a D btw
but since AHL counts...
Patrick Rissmiller
Alex Auld
Voros even though he was eventually released..
Dane Byers
Corey Locke
Ryan Hollweg
Dave Liffiton
Jeff Taffe
Alex Giroux
Chad Wiseman

Thanx ---done. Some real doozies there

nyr2k2 04-10-2012 06:16 PM

Jessiman plays for the Abbotsford Heat in the AHL.

Miller Time NYR 04-10-2012 06:33 PM

add roman horak

Khelvan 04-10-2012 06:46 PM

Sean Avery? :sarcasm:

JayQueensNY88* 04-10-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBKers (Post 47667081)
Was kinda bored today so I put together a list of players that once played in our organization and played pro hockey this year. I might have missed a couple - pls tell me who to add - but here below is the list. The question I ask is if anyone thinks that any combination of these players could form a team that could compete with our current NYR squad. I think it brings good light on the organization right now - no?

FORWARDS
P.A. Parenteau
Olli Jokinen
Jaromir Jagr
Pascal Dupuis
Marc Savard (assumed healthy)
Scott Gomez
Matt Cullen
Manny Malhotra
Vinny Prospal
Nik Antropov
Wojtek Wolski
Lauri Korpikoski
Mikael Samuelsson
Chris Higgins
Erik Christensen
Mike Knuble
Adam Hall
Dominic Moore
Mike Mottau
Tom Pyatt
Petr Sykora
Radek Dvorak
Joey Crabb
Jed Ortmeyer
Jody Shelley
Dale Weise

DEFENSEMEN
Wade Redden :naughty:
Marek Zidlicky
Nate Guenin
Derek Morris
Michal Rozsival
Corey Potter
Fedor Tyutin
Matt Gilroy
Tom Poti

GOALIES
Al Montoya
Steve Valiquette :amazed:

PROSPECTS
Roman Horak
Evgeny Grachev
Bobby Sanguinetti
Tomas Kundratek

AHLers
Patrick Rissmiller
Alex Auld
Aaron Voros
Colton Orr
Dane Byers
Corey Locke
Ryan Hollweg
Dave Liffiton
Jeff Taffe
Alex Giroux
Chad Wiseman

Skates in The Hudson
Sean Avery

MIA
Huge Specimen

Prospal-Savard-Jagr
Sykora-Jokinen-P.A Parenteau
Korpikoski-Malhotra-Dvorak/Sameuelson
Weise-Moore-Ortmeyer ( i was always a big fan of Moore and Ortmeyer)

Tyutin-Zdlicky
Poti-Morris
C.Potter-Rozsival

I think thats team would be pretty good to be honest.Defense is kind of shabby though.

nyrpassion 04-10-2012 06:51 PM

I actually really like Dupuis

JayQueensNY88* 04-10-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GaBorat (Post 47670923)
Ryan Hollweg
Dave Liffiton
Chad Wiseman

I always liked Hollweg.

Wiseman just dissapeared,i totally forgot about him.

Liffiton,i had high hopes for him when NYR acquired him through trade. Was it Colorado?

Leetch66 04-10-2012 07:54 PM

LOL...I think that team could beat the Sens ! :D

rickyrod 04-11-2012 12:48 AM

I wish we held on to the Korpedo, but I'm really indifferent about the rest. Savard, too, if he was healthy, but I'd be surprised to see him on skates again. Maybe Jags too, but he wouldn't have a center like Giroux to play with here, which is probably a lot of his resurgence.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayQueensNY88 (Post 47681019)
I always liked Hollweg.

Too many terrible boarding majors, especially after the Simon incident.

Whoot Whoot 04-11-2012 03:00 AM

Thanks for making this list!

asphyXy 04-11-2012 03:30 AM

Forgot Jason LaBarbera - who I'd probably start over the other two options.

I Am Chariot 04-11-2012 08:38 AM

Is Paul Mara still in the NHL


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.