HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Best D-man in Draft (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1160747)

nbducksfan19 04-10-2012 01:37 PM

Best D-man in Draft

If the ducks take a D-man in the draft - who do you want and why?

Ducksgo* 04-10-2012 01:46 PM

I don't.... Murray is obviously the front runner.... And he will be gone. Our pick range indicates Forsberg or Galy due to other teams bpa options. If we HAVE to take a D man it should be Dumba.

ShadowDuck 04-10-2012 01:57 PM

Murray then Trouba

master4071 04-10-2012 02:15 PM

I want Yakupov or Galchenuyk, but Murray would be the best choice as a d-man, but we wil have chance for him only when we win lottery, so my second and more probable option is Reinhart...

DuckJet 04-10-2012 02:35 PM

Personally I want Trouba. Or Dumba...he's such a wild card I flip on him almost every hour. Murray is basically Fowler if you took away some of Fowler's offensive talent and used that talent to boost defensive skills. Rielly shouldn't even be an option, know how Green is a defensive pylon? He was better than Rielly at the same age.

I say the best is Murray if I had to rank them considering upside and overall talent it would go like this

Murray
Dumba
Trouba
Rielly
Reinhart
Ceci

Rielly has boom potential, but just not in a way that would work for Anaheim. Trouba and Reinhart don't have as much upside as Murray or Dumba but they're the safest picks.

Trouba at WJC...just made my jaw drop every time he was on camera. His WJC performance was IMO more impressive than Fowler's and Trouba was USA's youngest player. Easily their best. He's just so smart, so strong, and he plays well at both ends of the ice. The Fowler but with an edge comparison is pretty apt. He's Fowler if Fowler was a 2 way shutdown defender.

ericnut 04-10-2012 02:41 PM

Murray
Trouba

Dumba

snarktacular 04-10-2012 02:53 PM

Murray

Trouba

Ceci
Dumba

Reinhart
Reilly

DuckJet 04-10-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 47667829)
I don't.... Murray is obviously the front runner.... And he will be gone. Our pick range indicates Forsberg or Galy due to other teams bpa options. If we HAVE to take a D man it should be Dumba.

No it doesn't.

We'll be lucky if Montreal and Toronto go for defense. Odds are Forsberg will be the only forward available to us short of a trade or lottery win.

DuckshaveaRPG 04-10-2012 04:14 PM

Murray

Dumba

Trouba

Reinhart

Ceci/Reilly

Ducksgo* 04-10-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 47673503)
No it doesn't.

We'll be lucky if Montreal and Toronto go for defense. Odds are Forsberg will be the only forward available to us short of a trade or lottery win.

I wouldn't mind Forsberg one bit. Hes ranked top 6 in almost every scouting report, including Craig Buttons projection of 3rd overall. I would choose him easily over the available D man when we pick... Assuming the draft goes the way it's said it's going.

Gibsons Finest 04-11-2012 01:12 AM

I think it could be Reinhart. Big, mobile, smart, everything you're looking for in a defenseman. Biggest knock on him seems to be he's not as physical as you'd like from a guy that size, but it's not really a bad thing, too many people confuse physicality for defensive play(just as they do speed for offensive play). Could be the total package.

Probably is Murray, though. Although, it bothers me that I've seen some say Murray's potential is a 2 or 3 guy, whereas the same rankings had the other dmen have top two potential. Could be nothing, though, the guy sounds like a keeper.

Spicy Porkins 04-11-2012 01:20 AM

The thread title and the OP's question are two different things. I answered the question posed in the thread, which based on my vast several-hour youtube-fest, is Dumba.

Sojourn 04-11-2012 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My Cat (Post 47712501)
The thread title and the OP's question are two different things. I answered the question posed in the thread, which based on my vast several-hour youtube-fest, is Dumba.

Yup. I voted based on the title, because Murray was included. Based on the OP's question, Murray really shouldn't be in the poll.

KEEROLE Vatanen 04-11-2012 01:57 AM

Dumba, if he can grow a little more he'll be a beast
Trouba is good but he'll take to long, and I don't sense alot of offensive upside in him
Haven't seen Ceci, but people have mixed opinions

DuckJet 04-11-2012 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccupySheen (Post 47713387)
Dumba, if he can grow a little more he'll be a beast
Trouba is good but he'll take to long, and I don't sense alot of offensive upside in him
Haven't seen Ceci, but people have mixed opinions

I know you were watching WJC too. The kid was shooting from every angle on the point, his breakout passes were crisp, and he rushed the puck just like Fowler.

KEEROLE Vatanen 04-11-2012 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 47714555)
I know you were watching WJC too. The kid was shooting from every angle on the point, his breakout passes were crisp, and he rushed the puck just like Fowler.

He did not rush the puck like Fowler at all, his skating ability is not close...

DuckJet 04-11-2012 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccupySheen (Post 47714711)
He did not rush the puck like Fowler at all, his skating ability is not close...

It's rare that anyone is. Okay. Better comparison, Sbisa.

Pwnasaurus 04-11-2012 06:58 AM

Dumba reminds me of Phaneuf.

DuckshaveaRPG 04-11-2012 07:07 AM

http://thehockeywriters.com/matt-dum...outing-report/

http://thehockeywriters.com/jacob-tr...spect-profile/

http://thehockeywriters.com/griffin-...spect-profile/

KelVarnsen 04-11-2012 08:30 AM

Your Dumba link does not work.

And if Trouba plays like Jack Johnson, I don't want him. Johnson is a weak A, no defense overpaid turnover machine. Poor Columbus.

Pwnasaurus 04-11-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelVarnsen (Post 47718827)

And if Trouba plays like Jack Johnson, I don't want him. Johnson is a weak A, no defense overpaid turnover machine. Poor Columbus.

You can find the Dumba link by going to the main root site. Basically it is a WHL fan salivating over him. At least JJ played much better at the end of the year in Columbus for their sake.

Elvs 04-11-2012 09:02 AM

whoever the Ducks scouting staff likes the most.

DuckJet 04-11-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelVarnsen (Post 47718827)

Jack Johnson is by far one of the worst comparisons I've heard in a draft in a while.

Fighter 04-11-2012 10:36 AM

Murray hands down.

Then Trouba and Dumba.

Markus078 04-11-2012 10:52 AM

ready Murray
upside Dumba
safe Reinhart

My choice would be Murray who can be great. Dumba has too much to be concerned about. Reinhart would be ok as well.

Damn, Murray would be the one paired with Schultz :(