HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Benoit Pouliot: "happy to be out of there" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1160913)

Paddyjack 04-10-2012 04:53 PM

Benoit Pouliot: "happy to be out of there"

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/338336.html

Quote:

L'attaquant des Bruins a été encore plus cinglant en déclarant qu'il avait vu venir la déconfiture de la dernière saison du Canadien. "Il était temps que je parte de là. J'aime bien les gars à Montréal, mais la chimie est tellement meilleure ici à Boston. L'attitude, l'approche d'un match et l'ambiance dans le vestiaire sont bien différentes de ce que j'étais habitué à Montréal."
Basically he is saying, I saw this (the bad season) coming from a mile away, and I'm glad I'm out of there. I like the guys in Montreal but the locker room atmosphere is a lot better (Note: isn't it obvious from a Stanley Cup Champs team....?). The attitude, game preparation are also quite different from Montreal.

I will make two comments about this. One: a guy with a 32 points season should **** when he does 2 points more than here. Second, I'm worried since this comment mirrors a little what Cammy said. I feel like there is a real problem at the heart of this team right now :(

DogsFan* 04-10-2012 04:56 PM

Did we not already hear about this a month or 2 ago? Who cares what BenPoo thinks. He should concentrate on his skating.

overlords 04-10-2012 04:56 PM

There was absolutely 0 leadership coming from the top of the organization. It's been run like a circus from the top down for years.

habitue* 04-10-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paddyjack (Post 47678193)

Basically he is saying, I saw this (the bad season) coming from a mile away, and I'm glad I'm out of there. I like the guys in Montreal but the locker room atmosphere is a lot better (Note: isn't it obvious from a Stanley Cup Champs team....?). The attitude, game preparation are also quite different from Montreal.

I will make two comments about this. One: a guy with a 32 points season should **** when he does 2 points more than here. Second, I'm worried since this comment mirrors a little what Cammy said. I feel like there is a real problem at the heart of this team right now :(

I don't have much respect for ex-players blasting their previous team (By the way, Pouliot blasted Martin, too)... Pouliot is darn lucky to be in the NHL, still, and with the SC winners on top of that.... No wonder the atmosphere is soooo good.

Next GM and coach have a big cleaning job to do in that locker room. Let's find the real leaders, and let's solve some "problems".

Crystal Met 04-10-2012 04:57 PM

maybe its because of guys like him & and cammy that there was a problem..

NJHABFAN 04-10-2012 04:57 PM

HA!HA!HA!

happy he isn't here anymore.....:handclap::handclap::handclap:

68 04-10-2012 04:58 PM

I don't miss him at all.

Dr Gonzo 04-10-2012 04:59 PM

The feeling is mutual Benoit.

Seb 04-10-2012 04:59 PM

I hate what kind of culture the organisation brought within the team. Not sure exactly what's wrong, but it has hurt us deeply in the past few years.

This being said, Pouliot sucks.

Mrb1p 04-10-2012 05:00 PM

Jacque Martin, Bob Gainey and PG we're all incredibly good communicator:sarcasm: don't go further.

And anyway, Benoit Pouliot is a lazy talented punk ... WTF is he talking about.. He could be a 50-60 point guy but he's one of the laziest kid i've seen. People like him don't help chemistry.

Now we got Plek, Gorges and Price as our core from last season are they the problem ? I don't think so. (Notice I didn't talk about P.K, :naughty:)

With people such as Savard in the mix this organization will go from 45 degree incline to a straight vertical line. Doesnt mean we will win the cup. Just that the drama's over. (All those injury excluded.)

Fish on The Sand 04-10-2012 05:01 PM

feeling is mutual. One of the most useless turds I've ever seen.

Lafleurs Guy 04-10-2012 05:02 PM

Pouliott may be an idiot but there sure are a lot of former players telling us that we've been running things poorly for a while now.

House cleaning couldn't have come at a better time.

OneSharpMarble 04-10-2012 05:04 PM

I liked Pouliot when he was here and sometimes the guy could turn on the magic and just control the game. I always wanted to see him get more time on the top lines but honestly it was just boneheaded play after boneheaded play, not to mention the falling down.

Obviously there is/was a problem in the locker room, that tends to happen when your season is going down the drain and management is making tough decisions. I have trouble taking guys like Pouliot or Cammy seriously when they are traded and turn around to take shots. Fringe player and a floater, neither helping leadership in any way but they don't mind taking a shot when they are dumped.

IceDaddy 04-10-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

While I think that Pouliot is a giant d-bag. He isnt wrong. Maybe with a new GM this team will finally find themselves a real leader.

SouthernHab 04-10-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Was. Was a real problem at the heart of this team........and they are gone........Martin and Gauthier.

A lot of damage was done to this team and organization by those two clowns. And it will take effective management and strong coaching to erase that damage.

And I will remain positive that we are on the right track to fix that problem. A lot at stake Geoff Molson.........the reputation of the Montreal Canadiens franchise.

Dr Gonzo 04-10-2012 05:05 PM

I have a feeling some of the "problems" in the locker room are caused by players like Cammalleri and Pouliot. Those are the type of rats that take shots once they leave town.

Habs 04-10-2012 05:08 PM

That's the difference having a former legend like Neely behind the scenes, and the idiots running the circus here. Bring back some of the legendary players to help solidify the organization. Who do you want giving you advice, Patrick Roy or some putz who has never played the game or been in your shoes?

JackZap 04-10-2012 05:09 PM

Eille Ben, farme ta cr*sse de yeule

1UP 04-10-2012 05:09 PM

That just makes me like Martin more ^_^.

habitue* 04-10-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackZap (Post 47678945)
Eille Ben, farme ta cr*sse de yeule

The guy is so lucky... He was signed by the Stanley Cup winners. No wonder, the atmosphere is sooo great...

OneSharpMarble 04-10-2012 05:11 PM

I don't recall Koivu saying anything bad about the organization after leaving and I value his word over a plug like Pouliot anyday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 47678895)
That's the difference having a former legend like Neely behind the scenes, and the idiots running the circus here. Bring back some of the legendary players to help solidify the organization. Who do you want giving you advice, Patrick Roy or some putz who has never played the game or been in your shoes?

Remind me is Gainey a former legend? Hard to imagine we could have found a bigger idiot.

Eb 04-10-2012 05:13 PM

Leafs fan here.

After I saw him sign with Boston in the offseason, I lost a lot of respect for this guy. (Just like I lost a bunch of respect for Talbot signing in Phili) I know it's a business but still, just my two cents.

In Toronto, we have had the same rumours of "locker room problems".

googlymoogly 04-10-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Isn't it funny that the hard working players like Cole, Gorges, Subban, Pacioretty, Price, love Montreal but the borderline mental case guys like Cammy and Pouliot whine away. Gill who we all knew as a leader never whined after being traded.

Rscorpio 04-10-2012 05:16 PM

so easy to say when you are in a top team right now....

see ya next year Benny

JackZap 04-10-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eb (Post 47679137)
Leafs fan here.

After I saw him sign with Boston in the offseason, I lost a lot of respect for this guy. (Just like I lost a bunch of respect for Talbot signing in Phili) I know it's a business but still, just my two cents.

In Toronto, we have had the same rumours of "locker room problems".

when u lose u have issues i think its normal.Boston were 1 goal away from firing everyone in sight and now its the best room ever.