HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: MTL First round pick to get better now? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1161377)

mikef18 04-10-2012 10:12 PM

MTL First round pick to get better now?
 
Should montreal trade their first round pick (3rd overall) to try and get better now?

-What would you give for that pick?
-What should Montreal try and get in return? A real #1 center would be awesome in my opinion...

I'd be ready to do some kind of overpayment if i was Montreal's GM, for a guy like Jonathan Toews, I don't think a logical price exists for Toews because he's their franchise player, most likely will end his career there.

I thought of Getzlaf at some point, but i'm not sure i'd give up so much considering he has one year of contract left. (will be UFA).

Eric Staal? Don't like his contact :/

What about tyler seguin? I know we would probably have to overpay again, but that would be awesome, something like

To MTL
Tyler Seguin

To BOS
1st 2012
2nd 2012
Jared Tinordi

Give me your thoughts!

Marlo Stanfield 04-10-2012 10:15 PM

Divisional trade. Not happening.

Petro Points 04-10-2012 10:16 PM

Just draft Grigorenko. He'll be worth it in the end.

as for someone who might be available:
R.Nash + LA's 1st for 3rd overall
Not a C but kinda fits the bill.

Leafs For Life* 04-10-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikef18 (Post 47704747)
Should montreal trade their first round pick (3rd overall) to try and get better now?

-What would you give for that pick?
-What should Montreal try and get in return? A real #1 center would be awesome in my opinion...

I'd be ready to do some kind of overpayment if i was Montreal's GM, for a guy like Jonathan Toews, I don't think a logical price exists for Toews because he's their franchise player, most likely will end his career there.

I thought of Getzlaf at some point, but i'm not sure i'd give up so much considering he has one year of contract left. (will be UFA).

Eric Staal? Don't like his contact :/

What about tyler seguin? I know we would probably have to overpay again, but that would be awesome, something like

To MTL
Tyler Seguin

To BOS
1st 2012
2nd 2012
Jared Tinordi

Give me your thoughts!

So you think that the probable pick will be under Grig skill so that is different to Seguin level, and the background(USA/Russia) for one of them affects it also. No deal from Boston IMO

Viqsi 04-10-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petro Points (Post 47704989)
R.Nash + LA's 1st for 3rd overall

Absolutely not a chance in hell. Edmonton wouldn't presume to ask for that for the 1st overall.

bleuetbio 04-10-2012 10:20 PM

from an Habs, just forget Seguin and dont post his name again to be respected :laugh:

Getzlaf, I think that you have a big chance but I honestly, who wants to do this in Montreal who realy know hockey. I know that we are the "Do everything to make finish 8th"town but commonnn. The Getzlaf scenario is on the past now. Taking Getzlaf 2 years and return to nothing after? No way!

Its probably the worst case scenario tonight to see the Oilers win the lottery but dont panic

No Yakupov, No Grigorenko :(

DJENTLEMAN 04-10-2012 10:21 PM

What sense does this make from Boston's end?

Yeah, let's just remove the past two years of development of the #2 overall pick who happened to lead the team in points this year, in return for the #3 overall pick in 2012 (who they would have to develop all over again), a 2nd rounder, and an additional prospect.

No thanks.

mikef18 04-10-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattAndersonBTR (Post 47705295)
What sense does this make from Boston's end?

Yeah, let's just remove the past two years of development of the #2 overall pick who happened to lead the team in points this year, in return for the #3 overall pick in 2012 (who they would have to develop all over again), a 2nd rounder, and an additional prospect.

No thanks.

I'll have to agree with you on this.

RandR 04-10-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikef18 (Post 47704747)
Should montreal trade their first round pick (3rd overall) to try and get better now?

Give me your thoughts!

Montreal should hang onto their pick and pick whomever Timmins thinks is the best player when #3 comes up. It's not as if trading their pick is going to make them cup contenders; better to build through the draft and perhaps they can contend for the cup in a few years once their top prospects have developed.

Prairie Habs 04-10-2012 10:32 PM

Boston should know by now that trading a young, former top pick for two firsts and a second would just be stupid. I mean come on, just look at how many threads we've had the last few years ripping a similar deal on Boston's end?

Petro Points 04-10-2012 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viqsi (Post 47705201)
Absolutely not a chance in hell. Edmonton wouldn't presume to ask for that for the 1st overall.

its not the 1st overall though..
If Edm was drafting 2nd.. Nash + Maatta\Subban for 2nd overall (Murray) would not have been too far off.


Nash and Hall on left side, Eberle and Hemsky on right.

Grant 04-10-2012 10:52 PM

A new GM is coming to Montreal, Montreal knows that they will have the 3rd overall. The new GM will keep the pick, draft a player and build around them. Usually it is a center built around, therefore I see Grig or Gal being picked

Exit Dose 04-10-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viqsi (Post 47705201)
Absolutely not a chance in hell. Edmonton wouldn't presume to ask for that for the 1st overall.

Interesting.

Viqsi 04-10-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petro Points (Post 47706659)
its not the 1st overall though..

No, it's even worse. With the 1st overall we'd at least be getting someone who might be a replacement franchise winger. We are NOT repeat NOT trading our captain to move up half a draft round under any circumstances. It'd be dubious straight up, but asking us to throw in our other 1st is frankly insulting. Considering the KNOWN approximate packages requested for Nash, to suggest otherwise is simply asinine.

Grant 04-10-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petro Points (Post 47704989)
as for someone who might be available:
R.Nash + LA's 1st for 3rd overall

I'm confused, why would Columbus be adding to Nash for the 3rd overall? Nash was drafted 1st overall (mind you it was nearing a decade ago now) but it's not like he has been invisible since then. 547 points (289 goals) in 674 games played is incredible. Add that he is a big forward and plays big causes just about every team to want him. Personally I think that Columbus wouldn't even consider this if it was Nash for the 3rd overall straight up. *waits for the 'but his contract is negative value'*

3rd overall picks are valuable, but they don't get you a franchise player scoring machine no matter how much their cap hit is.

Petro Points 04-11-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viqsi (Post 47707543)
No, it's even worse. With the 1st overall we'd at least be getting someone who might be a replacement franchise winger. We are NOT repeat NOT trading our captain to move up half a draft round under any circumstances. It'd be dubious straight up, but asking us to throw in our other 1st is frankly insulting. Considering the KNOWN approximate packages requested for Nash, to suggest otherwise is simply asinine.

oh .. you are a CBJ fans :) .. I guess my response should have been.. no EDM would not do Nash + 15th-25th overall pick for Yakupov.
Nash 'asking for outs', his contract and lack of production does not equal 1st overall.

Nash for 3rd overall is not bad for CBJ .. Murray + Forsberg +M.Subban would be a fresh start for the organization.

Remember2004 04-11-2012 12:40 AM

Cammalleri ;) If you guys make it to the playoffs his 6m price tag will

be worth it Hahha all jokes aside how about straight up for Jarome

Iginla? Hoping the cap hit works for you guys.

Petro Points 04-11-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grant123 (Post 47707809)
I'm confused, why would Columbus be adding to Nash for the 3rd overall? Nash was drafted 1st overall (mind you it was nearing a decade ago now) but it's not like he has been invisible since then. 547 points (289 goals) in 674 games played is incredible. Add that he is a big forward and plays big causes just about every team to want him. Personally I think that Columbus wouldn't even consider this if it was Nash for the 3rd overall straight up. *waits for the 'but his contract is negative value'*

3rd overall picks are valuable, but they don't get you a franchise player scoring machine no matter how much their cap hit is.

0.8PPG is hardly incredible.
Nash is not a scoring machine. unless there are 30+ scoring machines in NHL.

Viqsi 04-11-2012 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petro Points (Post 47710995)
Nash for 3rd overall is not bad for CBJ .. Murray + Forsberg +M.Subban would be a fresh start for the organization.

We were looking for multiple quality future roster players for Nash. That hasn't changed. Just 'cause they come via draft picks instead of existing prospects doesn't mean the price has abruptly gone down.

KopitarstheKing 04-11-2012 01:15 AM

why doesn't Edmonton take Ryan Murray they need D and why would they want Yakupov and Hall or Grigorenko and the Nuge then CBJ will draft Nail MTL can draft Mikhail Grigorenko

mytor4* 04-11-2012 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petro Points (Post 47704989)
Just draft Grigorenko. He'll be worth it in the end.

as for someone who might be available:
R.Nash + LA's 1st for 3rd overall
Not a C but kinda fits the bill.

Habs pass. Don't want Nash. He's overpayed for the production he brings.
Nash is a complimentry player.Would rather take a chance on Grigs or Gally. Both are centers and at the worst both will easilly put up as many pts as Nash can.

Psycho Papa Joe 04-11-2012 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Remember2004 (Post 47711251)
Cammalleri ;) If you guys make it to the playoffs his 6m price tag will

be worth it Hahha all jokes aside how about straight up for Jarome

Iginla? Hoping the cap hit works for you guys.

I love Jarome but the Habs quite simply aren't the right team to make that trade. A team one player away from the cup is a better bet to get that type of value back for Jarome.

SoupNazi 04-11-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petro Points (Post 47704989)
R.Nash + LA's 1st for 3rd overall

Not happening.

OP isn't going to happen either. Boston's not giving up a guy they've developed in order to redevelop a prospect.

FiveForDrawingBlood 04-11-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikef18 (Post 47704747)
Should montreal trade their first round pick (3rd overall) to try and get better now?

-What would you give for that pick?
-What should Montreal try and get in return? A real #1 center would be awesome in my opinion...

I'd be ready to do some kind of overpayment if i was Montreal's GM, for a guy like Jonathan Toews, I don't think a logical price exists for Toews because he's their franchise player, most likely will end his career there.

I thought of Getzlaf at some point, but i'm not sure i'd give up so much considering he has one year of contract left. (will be UFA).

Eric Staal? Don't like his contact :/

What about tyler seguin? I know we would probably have to overpay again, but that would be awesome, something like

To MTL
Tyler Seguin

To BOS
1st 2012
2nd 2012
Jared Tinordi

Give me your thoughts!

Just draft Galenchyk keep all the other assets, he should be as good as Seguin.

Grant 04-11-2012 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Petro Points (Post 47711399)
0.8PPG is hardly incredible.
Nash is not a scoring machine. unless there are 30+ scoring machines in NHL.

Your right, 0.8 ppg players come up all the time....Parise is the HUGE ufa this summer because players like him don't often make it to free agency. He will get big bucks, his career ppg is 0.817.

Nash has a 0.429 goals per game over his career, that is 35 goals on average over his entire career, that is a goal scoring machine.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.