HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Proposal: What to do with Ales Hemsky? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1161387)

oilersfan11 04-10-2012 11:18 PM

What to do with Ales Hemsky?

With the Oilers most likely drafting Nail Yakupov where does this now put Ales Hemsky?

greatgazoo 04-10-2012 11:21 PM

Part of a top 6 that could be lights-out next season?

Arpeggio 04-10-2012 11:21 PM

Pretty easy. Play him with Yakupov.

oilersfan11 04-10-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arpeggio (Post 47705313)
Pretty easy. Play him with Yakupov.

Since when though can Hemsky play as a left winger?

Arpeggio 04-10-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilersfan11 (Post 47705369)
Problem is Hemsky isn't a left winger.

He was when he was playing with Eberle and RNH at the end of the season. He's been in the league long enough to figure it out. Much rather try him there than someone like MPS or Smyth.

Koto 04-10-2012 11:24 PM

well i think its pretty clear if he had any value he would have been moved already. so i voted keep him. not like he interferes with yakupovs or rnhs next contracts.

Koto 04-10-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arpeggio (Post 47705445)
He was when he was playing with Eberle and RNH at the end of the season. He's been in the league long enough to figure it out. Much rather try him there than someone like MPS or Smyth.

i think eberle was playing LW.

and i dont know what kind of player is both like mps and smyth.

mps is worth the shot, but might not have the slot now.

harti-rnh-eberle
hemsky-hall-yakupov
prv

or

harti-rnh-eberle
hall-gagner-yakupov
prv ----------hemsky

Boom4 04-10-2012 11:26 PM

play him as a third liner? LOL we will have the most expensive third line in the league. With hemsky and horcoff and what jones? thats 10+mil third line. Im guessing yakupov does not come to league next year and therefore hemsky is the 2nd line rw.

Wheatking 04-10-2012 11:27 PM

Hemsky gave up free agency to re-sign here. I think you have to keep him for at least a year because of that alone. It always looks bad when a player commits and then is traded right away.

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Hemsky - Gagner - Yakupov

Looks good to me. Not thrilled about Gagner but if he's the worst player in your top 6, you're probably alright.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom4 (Post 47705607)
play him as a third liner? LOL we will have the most expensive third line in the league. With hemsky and horcoff and what jones? thats 10+mil third line. Im guessing yakupov does not come to league next year and therefore hemsky is the 2nd line rw.

Yakupov likely would have flirted with 50 goals and definitely would have hit 100 points had he been healthy all season. He's NHL ready.

oilersfan11 04-10-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arpeggio (Post 47705445)

I thought Eberle was playing as the left winger?

OilerTyler 04-10-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wheatking (Post 47705639)
Hemsky gave up free agency to re-sign here. I think you have to keep him for at least a year because of that alone. It always looks bad when a player commits and then is traded right away.

Hall - RNH - Eberle
Hemsky - Gagner - Yakupov

Looks good to me. Not thrilled about Gagner but if he's the worst player in your top 6, you're probably alright.

I said in the other thread that we should trade Gagner for defensive help and sign Arnott to a one year deal to fill that hole.

oilersfan11 04-10-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom4 (Post 47705607)

I agree with you but some posted their line ups and had him on the third line.

Lux Aurumque* 04-10-2012 11:30 PM

He never should have been re-signed. There just isn't room for him on the roster, especially after this pathetic season he just had.

Soundwave 04-10-2012 11:30 PM

Keep him until the deadline at least I think.

It would be unclassy to deal him straight away because he signed that deal with the intention of staying here.

Plus his value still probably isn't great.

If he can put up some better numbers playing with all the firepower around him, his value will be solid at the deadline (plus he still has term on his deal).

Arpeggio 04-10-2012 11:32 PM

If Eberle can play lw then just move him down with Hemsky. Go Gagner with Yakupov and Hall.

I don't think it's going to be a problem. Hemsky needs to stay, and he needs to be in the top 6.

t0nedeff 04-10-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian North (Post 47705803)
He never should have been re-signed. There just isn't room for him on the roster, especially after this pathetic season he just had.

So you don't want to see if he can rebound playing a full season with the talent of a Yakupov, Eberle, Hall, RNh, and Gagner? This shores up our top 6 so we don't have to play ancient dinosaurs like Smyth on the second line and you want to get rid of a player like Hemsky?

Wheatking 04-10-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canadian North (Post 47705803)

His value can only go up. I'll be shocked if Hemsky doesn't bounce back next season. He's been a 0.95 player since the lock out. One season shouldn't erase our memories. He'll return to his 75 point pace form and will have a lot more value while one year left on his deal.

To lose Hemsky for basically nothing at the deadline after all those years invested in him would have been a huge blow. This was the first year in his entire career that he wasn't considered an asset.

The Nuge 04-10-2012 11:34 PM

You have 1 LW and 3 RW that are first line talents. You put whichever RW can adjust best to the left side there and sit back and watch the offensive explosion

Qrispy 04-10-2012 11:35 PM

Hemsky is good with guys who want the puck. Him being on a line with one of Hall, Yak, MPS will bring out his best.

Lion 04-10-2012 11:36 PM

Tambo shouldn't move him yet, its good to have him here to take some pressure off of Eberle and Yakupov incase they start to struggle and I think hes gonna be extra motivated this year because of the terrible year he had this season.

HighSynergy 04-10-2012 11:39 PM

hes proven that he can score at a potent pace before

play him with the kids, get his value up, then see if you can trade him IMO

tiger_80 04-10-2012 11:43 PM

I would not be surprised if Tambellini sends the pick along with Paajarvi and a defence prospect to Nashville for Shea Weber.

If not, then I expect the line-up to be as follows:

Hall-Gagner-Eberle
Smyth-RNH-Yakupov
Paajarvi-Horcoff-Hemsky
Eager-belanger-Jones
Petrell
(Hartikainen and Lander head to the AHL and are the first call-ups).

Petry-Smid
Whitney-Schultz
UFA-Sutton
Potter-Plante

Qrispy 04-10-2012 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_80 (Post 47706509)
I would not be surprised if Tambellini sends the pick along with Paajarvi and a defence prospect to Nashville for Shea Weber.

Hall-Gagner-Eberle
Smyth-RNH-Yakupov
Paajarvi-Horcoff-Hemsky
Eager-belanger-Jones
Petrell

Petry-Smid
Whitney-Schultz
UFA-Sutton
Potter-Plante

Yakupov + Paajarvi + for Weber? God no.

Soli 04-10-2012 11:45 PM

He played LW for Jagr at World Championship events.

He's all over the ice as it is, it won't matter if he's LW or RW, he's still going to circle behind the net.

IMO, you absolutely cannot move Yakupov from RW. He's at his deadliest there like most Russians who've been brought up to play off-wing.

oilersfan11 04-10-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger_80 (Post 47706509)

Hall-Gagner-Eberle
Smyth-RNH-Yakupov
Paajarvi-Horcoff-Hemsky
Eager-belanger-Jones
Petrell

Petry-Smid
Whitney-Schultz
UFA-Sutton
Potter-Plante

Tambo should be fired if he does that.It would be a very stupid trade.