HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Konrad Abeltshauser signed to ELS (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1161777)

stalockrox 04-11-2012 09:22 AM

Konrad Abeltshauser signed to ELS

Abeltshauser has signed a 3 year ELC.

http://metronews.ca/sports/99683/abe...year-contract/

His Mooseheads are currently down 0-3 to the Remparts, though KA has had a fantastic series.

s04 04-11-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stalockrox (Post 47720825)
Abeltshauser has signed a 3 year ELC.

http://metronews.ca/sports/99683/abe...year-contract/

His Mooseheads are currently down 0-3 to the Remparts, though KA has had a fantastic series.

Konrad did an amazing job against Grigorenko. Very poised and confident defensively. Nice mobility as well.

Really impressed how this guy improved over the years.

KpopandHockey 04-11-2012 12:17 PM

Does this mean we will see him in the NHL next year or does he still need time.

LadyStanley 04-11-2012 12:20 PM

Article has him going to Worcester.

But if he has a good enough camp, you never know. ;)

The Nemesis 04-11-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KpopandHockey (Post 47730153)

The signing has nothing to do with NHL readiness. The issue was that Abeltshauser needed to be signed now or the team loses his rights in the off-season (it's been 2 years since his draft year and he went the Major Junior development path). More than likely he' going to need a few years of AHL development.

Fistfullofbeer 04-11-2012 12:41 PM

Really hoping that one of the Worcester D guys can step in next year to take over Murray's place. Someone who is physical like Murray and has slightly better speed.

We seem to be pretty loaded on D-men in Worcester and ideally I would want to see Murray and White both replaced by younger and faster kids who have better speed.

Irwin,Petricki, Doherty? Will a real NHL defenseman please stand up?

DrFeelgood 04-11-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer (Post 47731655)
Really hoping that one of the Worcester D guys can step in next year to take over Murray's place. Someone who is physical like Murray and has slightly better speed.

We seem to be pretty loaded on D-men in Worcester and ideally I would want to see Murray and White both replaced by younger and faster kids who have better speed.

How ready is Petrecki? I haven't heard anything about him in quite a while

Kitten Mittons 04-11-2012 12:44 PM

Quote:

Norris, bust, bust. Konrad will be a bust too. You heard it here first.

Speed 04-11-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

After Irwin got called up and sent back he's been mostly cold. The whole team has been in a funk and he definately got caught up in it.

Petrecki - bust. He peaked last year.

Doherty - so far a bust - more than Petrecki. At with Petrecki after his rookie year, he got the benefit of doubt for a 2nd and 3rd year to see what he could do. Let's just say I don't wanna see Doherty anymore. Actually there's nothing to see.

SactoShork 04-11-2012 01:10 PM

Doherty is terrible.

Acolatse and Abeltshauser were the best in camp last year, and sounds like their still among the better prospects.

stalockrox 04-11-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KpopandHockey (Post 47730153)

He absolutely needs time in the AHL, he's probably closer to 2 years away from being ready to compete for NHL ice time. That said, the jump in his development from last year to this year has been incredible.

LadyStanley 04-11-2012 01:49 PM

FTFsTCY 11:44am via Web I heard the Konrad Abeltshauser's deal was in the works for a few weeks, but his name kept getting misspelled on contract.

:laugh::laugh:

TheJuxtaposer 04-11-2012 04:34 PM

Excellent. I love Konrad.

210 04-11-2012 04:37 PM

Quote:

I know it ain't Doherty...

210 04-11-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Speed (Post 47732607)

He started the year pretty good too...but boy that kid is brain dead.

sjshark91 04-11-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

So we should have taken Jamie Benn 28th overall....

Thorntonfan97 04-11-2012 06:25 PM

Good to see a Moosehead in the organization

GO MOOSE GO

Nighthock 04-11-2012 10:50 PM

one of our young D will need to step up sooner or later ... glad he was signed though

bigdirty 04-12-2012 08:36 AM

Abeltshauser's progress has actually been quite steady the last few years, the jump in his production is due to the fact that Halifax was arguably the worst junior team in Canada for his first two seasons here. This year the team is filled with young, talented forwards, so Abeltshauser's numbers are finally reflecting his talent.
One issue is that he needs to learn how to play more physical with that massive frame of his. Of course, the one time he went out to deliver a big hit this year he ended up getting a suspension for it. Which is one reason I think he really needs to be in the AHL, he's literally outgrown junior hockey.
On another note, Abeltshauser was also recently name one of 3 finalists for the QMJHL Humanitarian and Community Involvement Trophy.

SJFanQC 04-12-2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdirty (Post 47810511)
Abeltshauser's progress has actually been quite steady the last few years, the jump in his production is due to the fact that Halifax was arguably the worst junior team in Canada for his first two seasons here. This year the team is filled with young, talented forwards, so Abeltshauser's numbers are finally reflecting his talent.
One issue is that he needs to learn how to play more physical with that massive frame of his. Of course, the one time he went out to deliver a big hit this year he ended up getting a suspension for it. Which is one reason I think he really needs to be in the AHL, he's literally outgrown junior hockey.
On another note, Abeltshauser was also recently name one of 3 finalists for the QMJHL Humanitarian and Community Involvement Trophy.

Petrecki just won the AHL trophy for that too I believe

Thorntonfan97 04-12-2012 06:13 PM

KA needs to work on playing defense skating backwards usually players just blow right by him when he is skating backwards

Brent Burns 04-12-2012 06:14 PM

Emergency call up for the playoffs?

The Nemesis 04-12-2012 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brent Burns (Post 47844455)
Emergency call up for the playoffs?

No way. He'd be destroyed by NHL caliber players right now. He'll need at least a couple of years seasoning in the minors.

Brent Burns 04-13-2012 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 47844987)
No way. He'd be destroyed by NHL caliber players right now. He'll need at least a couple of years seasoning in the minors.

Oh nah I wasn't serious haha

5H4RK5 04-13-2012 06:12 PM

He would fit perfectly in the Game of Thrones GDT. :D