HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   NHL Entry Draft: My Mock Draft 1-14 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1162433)

George Maharis 04-11-2012 11:29 PM

My Mock Draft 1-14

EDM - Nail Yakupov
CLB - Ryan Murray
MTL - Mikhail Grigorenko
NYI - Mathew Dumba
TOR - Alex Galchenyuk
ANA - Filip Forsberg
MIN - Morgan Rielly
CAR - Radek Faksa
WPG - Griffin Reinhart
TBL - Jacob Trouba
WSH - Brendan Gaunce
BUF - Tuevo Teravainen
DAL - Cody Ceci
CGY - Sebastian Collberg

superhakan 04-11-2012 11:33 PM

Collberg is the Guy I hope the Flames end up with, no complaints here.

squidz* 04-11-2012 11:56 PM

Isn't Faksa still out with his potentially severe concussion? Or has he gotten back to normal by this point? I think that's my only really issue with this mock. If he really has a severe concussion, I can't see him going top 10.

George Maharis 04-12-2012 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squidz (Post 47787925)
Isn't Faksa still out with his potentially severe concussion? Or has he gotten back to normal by this point? I think that's my only really issue with this mock. If he really has a severe concussion, I can't see him going top 10.

Yeah, I wasnt sure about that either, but I don't see Carolina using their 1st on a defensemen. I'm not sold on Gaunce yet, and as much as I like Teravainen, I dont see him going top-10.

EDIT: Faksa came back on Tuesday. He, along with his linemates, dominated Wednesday night, and Faksa managed to score in a 5-1 win.

Bernier the Boats 04-12-2012 02:02 AM

Overall a good draft. Wouldn't rule out Montreal taking Gally over Grigo though.

George Maharis 04-12-2012 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBurke (Post 47802157)
Overall a good draft. Wouldn't rule out Montreal taking Gally over Grigo though.

Yeah, but I figured with him playing in Quebec, with Roy there nonetheless, they'd be motivated to take him.

George Maharis 04-12-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superhakan (Post 47785415)
Collberg is the Guy I hope the Flames end up with, no complaints here.

At their spot, I think they need Collberg more than anything. Iginla isn't getting any younger, and I dont see him getting traded anytime soon, so unless Calgary can somehow move up in the draft, they'd be idiots not to take Collberg. The next RW after him is either Kosmachuk or Wilson, maybe even Frk.. none of who deserve the 14th spot.

Analyzer 04-12-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rey72335 (Post 47802561)
Yeah, but I figured with him playing in Quebec, with Roy there nonetheless, they'd be motivated to take him.

Where he plays doesn't matter. It's whether the habs like them, or not. Well, more or less Timmins.

To be quite honest, if the habs choose Forsberg it wouldn't surprise me at all.

DuckJet 04-12-2012 06:00 PM

I like Forsberg there. Either way we go between him and Trouba I feel it's the right choice. But FF being there after NYI picks? Outlook doesn't look too good. Reinhart's an excellent pick for Winnipeg as well, though I'd prefer Trouba there, Reinhart will be available earlier and is the safer pick. Not sure Rielly is the kind of defenseman Minnesota will be looking at though. Trouba makes too much sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBurke (Post 47802157)

I agree. It SEEMS more likely that he'll take Grigorenko (more games played, 103 point pace in his first junior season, Quebec connection, longer playoff exposure...not a likely event, but Mikhail can be helped by a Quebec appearance in the Memorial Cup) but MTL could very well value Gally's drive and elite level talent (normally I wouldn't say that so liberally since he did miss a whole year, but from what I've read Galchenyuk was one of Sarnia's best players so it would seem the injury didn't wreck his development too badly) more highly.

George Maharis 04-12-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Analyzer (Post 47835909)
Where he plays doesn't matter. It's whether the habs like them, or not. Well, more or less Timmins.

To be quite honest, if the habs choose Forsberg it wouldn't surprise me at all.

I agree that it doesn't matter where he plays, but while I was figuring out the top-5, it was a sort of deal-breaker. Considering all the ******** that Montreal went through for hiring someone who doesn't speak French.. picking a star player from a team in Quebec, where I can only assume the fans already love him, couldn't hurt.

DuckJet 04-12-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rey72335 (Post 47841235)
I agree that it doesn't matter where he plays, but while I was figuring out the top-5, it was a sort of deal-breaker. Considering all the ******** that Montreal went through for hiring someone who doesn't speak French.. picking a star player from a team in Quebec, where I can only assume the fans already love him, couldn't hurt.

Yeah there's more to him playing in Quebec than pro-Galchenyuk Habs fans are conveying. That said it's not a guarantee.

Analyzer 04-12-2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rey72335 (Post 47841235)

Well, playing in Quebec is why some hab fans figure the Preds will give the habs Radulov for free.

Timmin's picks are usually hard working players who have the respect of their peers.

In the later rounds they take chances on skilled players. Archambault (originally the first overall pick into the Q) Avitsin. Trunev, who at the time was said that if he was a few days older would have been a 1st round pick the next year. Go even further back with Corey Locke. Unfortunately, none of them really turn it. Gallagher might.

Maitz 04-12-2012 09:01 PM

Timmins will not pick Grigo, book it.

I wouldnt be surprise if he picks a D instead of Grigo but my first choice would be Forsberg then Galchenyuk. Forsberg is the type of player Timmins love.

DuckJet 04-12-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maitz (Post 47856903)
Timmins will not pick Grigo, book it.

I wouldnt be surprise if he picks a D instead of Grigo but my first choice would be Forsberg then Galchenyuk. Forsberg is the type of player Timmins love.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the one, the only, Mister, NOSTRADAMUS

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

George Maharis 04-12-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 47861981)
Ladies and Gentlemen, the one, the only, Mister, NOSTRADAMUS

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

And on MY thread!! My word, Sir, I truly am honored!!

hdtrax 04-13-2012 09:25 AM

Isn't it possible that Timmins won't have a job by the draft?

Shutdown 04-15-2012 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don Draper (Post 47890413)

I'm obviously just a fan, but if it's up to me, Timmins' job as head of scouting is his as long as he wants it. I doubt new management is going to shake up our amateur scouting too much. Player development is another issue.

And I dont think anyone would fire the head of scouting BEFORE the draft.

PATCHESx67 04-16-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Don Draper (Post 47890413)

timmins is the only good thing we had in management,he aint going nowhere

No Good Names Left 04-16-2012 03:35 PM

Hi rey72335,

I know its easier to pick apart a mock than make one, so i will give you kudos for that. Nice work. IMO, I think CBJ will take a forward (Forsberg) rather than a dman, since they will be losing nash in the off season. However, with that being said, I guess it depends on what they get for nash.

Edit: being an Oiler fan, I really hope we keep the pick and trade gags, prv unless of course we get a massive overpayment.

good job again.