HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Thanks a bunch, Nashville. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1162481)

headsigh 04-11-2012 11:03 PM

Thanks a bunch, Nashville.

I'm back from the first playoff game I've attended in person since... A while.

Honestly at the beginning of the season I wasn't sure if I was going to pay the NHL any further attention. If I had known that in the future I'd be driving to Nashville and going to a playoff game and screaming at the top of my lungs, I would have assumed that my aspirin pills had been replaced by LSD.

The future is a funny thing, that.

It's been tough, but you guys have really helped me and a lot of other fans through a tough time here with the Thrashers gone. My ears are still ringing, but I'm perfectly fine with that. I'm fine with the grin on my face. I wish I could attend every home game for the rest of this playoff stage, but I'm satisfied with the experience I had on a Wednesday night in Nashville.

Without sounding too sappy... The Preds taught me to like hockey again.

Thanks.

FlexinMyPeks 04-11-2012 11:06 PM

I went to every game playoff game last year and I'm jealous of you that you attended tonight. Hopefully, I can weasel my way up to Nashville to go to the game on Friday.

Jonesey 04-11-2012 11:19 PM

Glad you had a great time. Hope you can make it up for some more.

sharkbite3 04-11-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by transcend (Post 47788791)

Honestly at the beginning of the season I wasn't sure if I was going to pay the NHL any further attention. If I had known that in the future I'd be driving to Nashville and going to a playoff game and screaming at the top of my lungs, I would have assumed that my aspirin pills had been replaced by LSD.

It's been tough, but you guys have really helped me and a lot of other fans through a tough time here with the Thrashers gone. My ears are still ringing, but I'm perfectly fine with that. I'm fine with the grin on my face. I wish I could attend every home game for the rest of this playoff stage, but I'm satisfied with the experience I had on a Wednesday night in Nashville.

Thanks.

Awesome post, sounds like you had a great experience. I live in California so my hopes of attending a Preds game aren't too high, but DAMN that place was loud tonight! I've always recognized Preds fans as being passionate and enthusiastic, but watching the game tonight brought that idea to another level. Great energy and support. My top-two U.S. locations I'd consider moving to if I were to leave this state would be the mountains of Colorado or somewhere in/near Nashville. Glad you had a good time.

ChesterCopperpot1 04-11-2012 11:34 PM

glad that we have inspired some former thrashers fans and turned them into preds fans.

Question for some ex thrasher fans....Lil John(the rapper) has been an avid hockey fan for years. Read somewhere that he wrote a blog for the thrashers and that his young sons played little league hockey. Is he still an avid fan? We'd love to convert him and have him wearing predators gold

braindead 04-11-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkbite3 (Post 47793077)
Awesome post, sounds like you had a great experience. I live in California so my hopes of attending a Preds game aren't too high, but DAMN that place was loud tonight! I've always recognized Preds fans as being passionate and enthusiastic, but watching the game tonight brought that idea to another level. Great energy and support. My top-two U.S. locations I'd consider moving to if I were to leave this state would be the mountains of Colorado or somewhere in/near Nashville. Glad you had a good time.

You're in San Jose? Direct southwest flight from Oakland... just sayin'. You won't regret it.:yo:

Every Thrash fan should make the drive over at least once for a playoff game. Easy drive, easy city.

sharkbite3 04-11-2012 11:42 PM

I'm about an hour south of San Jose, but yeah that trip sounds tempting.

ChesterCopperpot1 04-11-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharkbite3 (Post 47794135)
I'm about an hour south of San Jose, but yeah that trip sounds tempting.

you should just move to Vegas. Everyone here seems to be a Cali transplant. BTW, I don't know how you afford to live in the bay area.

I Will Son 04-11-2012 11:53 PM

YES it was sick at the bridge tonight!
Glad you enjoyed it and im glad you have found love for the sport again. And more so the preds!

golfmade 04-12-2012 12:53 AM

Glad you were not only able to make it but have a great time, thanks for sharing!

Bongo 04-12-2012 07:15 AM

The highlight for me last night was hearing 17K yell RED WINGS SUCK. You guys go deep and I'll be coming up.

AintLifeGrand 04-12-2012 07:48 AM

I am the same way. This time last yr I was wondering if I would eve cheer for another NHL team with the same fervor as with the Thrashers. I was hoarse , completely exhausted from the suspense , and as stoked as I could have been from seeing the Thrash hypothetically succeed.

Thank you preds for saving my love for the game and allowing me to adopt you as my new team

KevFist 04-12-2012 08:01 AM

Preds Nation=The Best Nation.

Transcend....I know you were seriously on the fence last year. Glad ya finally came around!

ALG...Dude, were you at Barber?

SK74 Snipes 04-12-2012 08:22 AM

**** yeah! That's what it's all about.

SK74 Snipes 04-12-2012 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand (Post 47809141)
I am the same way. This time last yr I was wondering if I would eve cheer for another NHL team with the same fervor as with the Thrashers. I was hoarse , completely exhausted from the suspense , and as stoked as I could have been from seeing the Thrash hypothetically succeed.

Thank you preds for saving my love for the game and allowing me to adopt you as my new team

Makes me so happy to read things like this. I just remember the fear we had when we thought there was a chance of losing our team. I will forever feel bad but I'm happy that people from ATL have been able to latch on to the Preds.

tonyin318 04-12-2012 08:39 AM

Quote:

Thanks.

I just rolled back into the office from the game (spent the night there)...left here at 3:00 yesterday.

Good post, my feelings exactly...... except I joined Preds nation in September

I went thru mourning and didn't know what I was going to do till about two weeks before the season then the bug was too strong to resist.

Last night was my 6th game this season. Awesome time....... Fun game and loved the energy.

I can't make it Friday (I have two tickets available for sale at my cost), but I'll be there for game 5 and 7 if played. Gonna make it up for as many as my kids schedules will allow.

Thanks Preds Fans!

drwpreds 04-12-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Thanks.

Another former Thrashers fan here- I couldn't agree more. It took a little time, but I now consider myself a die-hard, 100% emotionally invested Predators fan, and I couldn't be happier about it.

So much so that I drove 7 hours round trip from Birmingham for the game, getting home at around 2 am, and will do it again for Game 2 and 5. Even if it was a 10 hour drive it would have been worth it..

I am a huge sports fan, and have probably been to well over 1,000 sporting events in my lifetime, and last night was one of the best experiences I have ever had at any event- it was absolutely amazing, and to think that it is just game 1 of the first series- crazy.

As I sat in Bridgestone last night, I was thinking that with the state of the franchise and ownership in Atlanta, I doubt we would have ever seen the Thrashers have the level of success the Predators are having now. So I guess that is one positive to came out of losing my team. But as some of the other Thrashers fans have said, the Predators have absolutely helped us to get over the devastation of losing a team.

So, thanks to the Predators team, organization and fans.......

jstreet 04-12-2012 01:57 PM

Thanks for the support and welcome to the fold. I hope that the Preds continue to reward you for that long drive!

RoyalAir 04-13-2012 09:17 AM

This seems like a good place to put this...

Many of the Thrashers fans know that I live in Chattanooga. A really good buddy of mine is a huge Preds fan, and he's really helped to bring me into the fold (even bought me a Preds hat the day after Winnipeg stole our team). I've been to four Preds games this season (including a Preds/Canes game in Raleigh), and while I'll definitely pull for the Canes in the East, I have become a Preds fan. The energy, support, fervor, and marketing are all things I wished Atlanta could've done, but simply didn't. In short, Nashville is all the things I had hoped Atlanta could be. You definitely helped me get over the loss of our team.

My fiancee, myself, and another couple will be there this evening for Game 2. If you see a 6'2, goofy looking guy wearing an original logo Preds hat with an impossibly beautiful blonde with him, say hi.

Go Preds!

BigFatCat999 04-13-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyalAnton (Post 47892107)
This seems like a good place to put this...

Many of the Thrashers fans know that I live in Chattanooga. A really good buddy of mine is a huge Preds fan, and he's really helped to bring me into the fold (even bought me a Preds hat the day after Winnipeg stole our team). I've been to four Preds games this season (including a Preds/Canes game in Raleigh), and while I'll definitely pull for the Canes in the East, I have become a Preds fan. The energy, support, fervor, and marketing are all things I wished Atlanta could've done, but simply didn't. In short, Nashville is all the things I had hoped Atlanta could be. You definitely helped me get over the loss of our team.

My fiancee, myself, and another couple will be there this evening for Game 2. If you see a 6'2, goofy looking guy wearing an original logo Preds hat with an impossibly beautiful blonde with him, say hi.

Go Preds!

So, East Ridge? Fairyland? N. Chattanooga.

RoyalAir 04-13-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 47892775)
So, East Ridge? Fairyland? N. Chattanooga.

Nah, don't have enough money to live in Fairyland, or enough pairs of skinny jeans to live in North Chatt. I'm with the rest of the plebes in Hixson.

BigFatCat999 04-13-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyalAnton (Post 47893647)
Nah, don't have enough money to live in Fairyland, or enough pairs of skinny jeans to live in North Chatt. I'm with the rest of the plebes in Hixson.

Nice I used to work at Howard and McCallie. Got to take care of TWO Mr. TNs.