HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   The Out of Town Thread part XXXIX All talk from around the league here (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1162561)

WhiskeySeven 04-12-2012 12:17 AM

The Out of Town Thread part XXXIX All talk from around the league here

The OOT thread is at 1k posts and I think we should have a seperate thread for discussing playoff games. Have at it.

3-2 LAK-VAN with a DUSTIN PENNER GOAL. :help:

Et le But 04-12-2012 12:20 AM

Habsterix for GM, If that was Pennerstov he would have been too lazy to get the tap in.

WhiskeySeven 04-12-2012 12:22 AM

Richards amping up the trolling for next game. Can't believe the Nucks lost this one.

Et le But 04-12-2012 12:23 AM

Nucks choking like champs.

MasterDecoy 04-12-2012 12:27 AM

* watching the canucks game *

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CN_paladin 04-12-2012 12:38 AM

The Nucks just got "Subbaned" by Mike Richards who took runs at everyone. :lol:

It was a bad night rooting for the Pens and the Nucks.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 04-12-2012 01:02 AM

Can't wait til Vancouver loses and they fire/trade everyone :D

Ginu 04-12-2012 05:48 AM

Can't wait to see Richards - Lapierre Part Deux.

Whitesnake 04-12-2012 05:58 AM

Gabriel Bourque might turn into a really nice little player. Showed what he could do in the Worlds Juniors but I'm pretty impressed to see what he's already doing in the NHL.

MasterDecoy 04-12-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitesnake (Post 47807513)
Gabriel Bourque might turn into a really nice little player. Showed what he could do in the Worlds Juniors but I'm pretty impressed to see what he's already doing in the NHL.

saw him play and while i thought he did well, mentally, i couldn't disconnect their bourque, with ours... :help:

*looks at TV, sees "bourque" on the back of the jersey*
"that guy sucks!"
*long pause*
"wait, wrong guy..."

:facepalm:

hey, anyone know what happened to skillsy? i watched the game in class but im pretty sure i didn't see him out there last night

MarkovsKnee 04-12-2012 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterDecoy (Post 47808309)
saw him play and while i thought he did well, mentally, i couldn't disconnect their bourque, with ours... :help:

*looks at TV, sees "bourque" on the back of the jersey*
"that guy sucks!"
*long pause*
"wait, wrong guy..."

:facepalm:

hey, anyone know what happened to skillsy? i watched the game in class but im pretty sure i didn't see him out there last night

He was a game time decision for Nashville last night. He's day-to-day with a "lower body injury".

I really liked that Roman Josi kid on Nashville's D last night. He's a big guy who can really skate, and likes contact. Kind of reminded me of a young Roman Hamrlik.

WeThreeKings 04-12-2012 08:22 AM

Perfect night. All 3 teams I wanted to win - did just that.

Former Moosehead Voracek showed his clutchness.

Guilliam 04-12-2012 08:56 AM

That tread went straight from part 37 to part 39 or did you guys collected 1000 posts in a nanosecond?

Edit: I used to want Vancouver to win but now I'd like if they win so Lombardi is secure in his job and we can talk to Robitaille. Plus if Vancouver loses in the first round maybe we can get Vigneault back.

Qui Gon Dave 04-12-2012 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkovsKnee (Post 47808855)
I really liked that Roman Josi kid on Nashville's D last night. He's a big guy who can really skate, and likes contact. Kind of reminded me of a young Roman Hamrlik.

He has looked good for the Preds for the past couple of months (maybe more, wasn't really watching Nashville that closely before) when he has been healthy. He has often been paired with Gill and provides Hal with the mobile, puck moving partner he needs. When Josi was out for a few games, the Preds looked like they missed him. Hal should be a good mentor for him too (although it's not as if Nashville has a shortage of experienced NHL Dmen a young guy can look up to). He appears to have a good career ahead of him IMO.

Habs4Lyfe 04-12-2012 09:48 AM

haha...the LA Kings Official Twitter account trolling the Canucks and their fans:

LA Kings ‏ @LAKings
To everyone in Canada outside of BC, you're welcome.

WeThreeKings 04-12-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe (Post 47813353)
haha...the LA Kings Official Twitter account trolling the Canucks and their fans:

LA Kings ‏ @LAKings

Amazing and true.

Gustave 04-12-2012 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guilliam (Post 47811241)

Edit: I used to want Vancouver to win but now I'd like if they win so Lombardi is secure in his job and we can talk to Robitaille. Plus if Vancouver loses in the first round maybe we can get Vigneault back.

This. I would love for Vigneault to come back. He never had anything to work with here. I think he would do well for us. Go Kings!

76ftw 04-12-2012 10:11 AM

To everyone saying Vancouver is choking, nah. They lost one game haha. When they lose both at home then we can talk :P

Protest the Hero 04-12-2012 10:14 AM

The Canucks really did not do themselves any favours last night regarding their image. You'd think the leaders on that team would nut up and tell them to stop diving, but it's probably hard when one of their leaders is that big baby Ryan Kesler.

Born in 1909 04-12-2012 10:42 AM

So is Weber getting a suspension?

Aspirine 04-12-2012 10:44 AM

I want the Kings to win but I can't figure why I want Quick to choke.

bipolarhabfan 04-12-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs4Lyfe (Post 47813353)

LA Kings ‏ @LAKings

I live in BC and was thankful for the loss :). I hope the Canucks are out in the first round.

EDIT: The main reason why I want the Canucks to lose is that they play classless hockey by diving all over the ice; they are hoping to make it to the 2012 London Olympics. Kesler is the worst player for it but Burrows and the Sedins are also culpable.

Born in 1909 04-12-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bipolarhabfan (Post 47816449)
I live in BC and was thankful for the loss :). I hope the Canucks are out in the first round.

Why exactly?

Et le But 04-12-2012 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Protest the Hero (Post 47814563)
The Canucks really did not do themselves any favours last night regarding their image. You'd think the leaders on that team would nut up and tell them to stop diving, but it's probably hard when one of their leaders is that big baby Ryan Kesler.

I'd take the Canucks army of divers and trolls any day. I know some people want a Bruins style thug team. I want a troll team.

StanAjax 04-12-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Born in 1909 (Post 47816093)
So is Weber getting a suspension?

Nah, it's obvious that the problem is the glass, not Weber. If Zetterberg had pain, it's because the glass is too hard. They've got to change that in Nashville.

/Colin "closet Bruins fan" Campbell