HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Jaromir Jagr is the best thing to happen to the Flyers this season (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1162651)

OriginJM 04-12-2012 01:09 AM

Jaromir Jagr is the best thing to happen to the Flyers this season

Sure, he turns it over and can look slower than a sloth drenched in molasses drowning in quicksand, but he is the definition of leadership. If you watch Voraceks interview, he tells Pierre that he talked to everyone and kept them calm as the game continued and we all saw what happened.

Much of Giroux's success could probably be credited to the guidance of Jagr and helping him develop through the season. Having young guys like Jake, Schenn, Giroux, JvR, Simmonds, etc. around a legend like Jagr can potentially help them more than any game experience could. I understand he frustrates everyone here once in a while, but I would welcome him back with open arms if he wanted to come back next year. The things he gives to this team far outweigh his defensive lapses.

http://philly.barstoolsports.com/fil...agr-salute.gif

achdumeingute 04-12-2012 01:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OriginJM (Post 47802575)
Sure, he turns it over and can look slower than a sloth drenched in molasses drowning in quicksand, but he is the definition of leadership. If you watch Voraceks interview, he tells Pierre that he talked to everyone and kept them calm as the game continued and we all saw what happened.

Much of Giroux's success could probably be credited to the guidance of Jagr and helping him develop through the season. Having young guys like Jake, Schenn, Giroux, JvR, Simmonds, etc. around a legend like Jagr can potentially help them more than any game experience could. I understand he frustrates everyone here once in a while, but I would welcome him back with open arms if he wanted to come back next year. The things he gives to this team far outweigh his defensive lapses.

IMO Giroux successes are all his own. He has a ton of drive and is a fantastic player, he had an outstanding season this year, but realistically it wasn't too much better than last season. This was IMO the logical transition for him, we traded two ice time eaters away and needed guys to step up to fill the role, Claude certainly did so.

Jagr has had a positive impact on this team, no doubt. He still shows flashes of his incredible skill. He can pull shots out of nowhere. He's definately a leader, and anyone who didn't think so hasn't paid attention to him. I really don't know how he got a rep for being lazy and a malcontent. IMO that's never been the case.

Ebs 04-12-2012 01:55 AM

Just and Oiler fan cruising by, and yeah you guys should be very proud to have him. He's among the very small handful of top elite in the league. He also looks damn good in a philly cream cheese sweater. Congrats on game 1, keep it going. There's been a few Philly sweaters around my uni today which was good to see too.

You have our support

Also Bryz is the biggest comedian in the league, I want to see him win the cup so bad, just to watch all his interviews

jagrgodr 04-12-2012 10:00 AM

Did anyone see the Jagr just joined twitter? Anyone else think that Jagr's picture looks like his head photoshoped on a midget?

http://twitter.com/#!/68Jagr

With Pronger out of the locker room, i think it's fair to say that he is one of if not the leader of the team. There are only a handful of players that are over 30 years old and only one person over 35 (lilja) so his legendary experience is crucial.

I would think you guys would have to try to sign him again. If pronger is still away, Briere and timonen would be the oldest leaders, which would be fine, but you can't compare Jagr to those two.

Jagr has seen it all, been in every situation possible, in the regular season and playoffs and all he wants to do is help his buddies and have a good time. As long as he is not regulated to 10 mins a game, he will be happy.

Anyways, here is Jagr teasing Bryz about bears and there were a few bears in the game last night.. (they are furries btw, probably fans of bryz)

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...d=-7&id=171784

Jagr congratulating Voracek on the goal on his facebook page!
http://www.facebook.com/68Jagr

"Good Job Voras, well done guys"

Check out his facebook page and you can see a video of him practicing a few days ago pulling a guy around the ice, pretty funny.

I'm glad Jagr has worked out well here so far, hopefully the post season gets better!

thelos 04-12-2012 10:09 AM

Yeah he has been a great veteran presence, even if he is a bit low on gas. Though he did make some great plays last night (besides being extra slow on Staal-Kennedy 2 on 1)

Codith 04-12-2012 10:44 AM

It is what he brings off the ice that has been his biggest attributes this year. Training hard, that rubs off on the younger guys. There is a reason why Homer brought him in after they dumped Richards and Carter. You are starting to see the transformation from what kind of attitude the team brought last year, compared to what they are this year.

mja 04-12-2012 11:59 AM

The 1997 version of me sees this thread and vomits all over the screen. Jaromir Jagr, storied Flyers leader.

Never in a million years...

YuioIklo 04-12-2012 12:29 PM

He sure is a positive influence for the young guys, especially Giroux. Yes, Giroux has a lot of talent and would've been strong no matter if Jagr came or not, but still, I believe that Jagr has a positive effect on him. We also always need veterans in the locker room to help the players to calm down in the playoffs. Pronger had this effect, and he also took charge of the media to help the young guys to focus (ie stealing puck), but now he's out.

phantomphan 04-12-2012 01:07 PM

Any word on what he said to Crosby after that crap call last night? The camera cut away as he was skating over to him.

thelos 04-12-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantomphan (Post 47825175)
Any word on what he said to Crosby after that crap call last night? The camera cut away as he was skating over to him.

I'd say he was just calling him out for the ******** he did to create a penalty rather than just skate faster than Jagr, which he easily could of

Xegiie 04-12-2012 04:22 PM

loled at his new tweet

Jaromir Jagr ‏ @68Jagr

Bryz is scared of bears. There were like 70 bears at the game! I wonder what would happen if he said he is scared of beautiful naked girls?!

Beef Invictus 04-12-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xegiie (Post 47837173)
loled at his new tweet

Jaromir Jagr ‏ @68Jagr

Bryz is scared of bears. There were like 70 bears at the game! I wonder what would happen if he said he is scared of beautiful naked girls?!

This makes me wish Jagr had been on Twitter all year.

TheKingPin 04-12-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serge11 (Post 47826927)
I'd say he was just calling him out for the ******** he did to create a penalty rather than just skate faster than Jagr, which he easily could of

Yup exactly what he said in the post game interview

SgtJoseph 04-12-2012 04:41 PM

Jagr is extremely strong on the puck still,and its hard for folks to get it off him down low.....He is certainly strong in the Room providing leadership and knowledge, and teaching the younger lads by example with his work ethic etc.....Having said that we got some real losers on this forum who think Jagr stinks, sucks, ain't worth this or that etc..When i read some of that garbage i realize that some folks don't have a clue what all it takes to build a great hockey TEAM !Of course some of his speed etc are diminishing....but so was Mark Recci's last season ?.....Jagr has another productive year in him barring injury in my opinion.His intangibles are worth it alone.

kudymen 04-12-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beef Invictus (Post 47837289)
This makes me wish Jagr had been on Twitter all year.

I wonder whether his girlfriend is following him there :laugh:

ICAPNASTYI 04-14-2012 02:02 AM

At the beginning of the season Jagr looked as if he was moving in slow-motion but, at the same time moving very quickly. Maybe I was just still in shock that Jaromir Jagr was on the Flyers at the time. Lol. I'm assuming the reason for him becoming slower is that he still doesn't have both of his legs at 100%. For a good portion of the season when Jagr was 100% healthy it looked virtually impossible to take the puck off of his stick.

To be honest though, I could care less if he puts up points. It's his work ethic and veteran knowledge that has earned him every single penny of that 3 mil paycheck.

Who knows where the team would be this year without him? He has most definitely accelerated the development time needed for Couturier, Schenn, Read, Voracek. Jeez I might as well just say every player on this team. I can say with very little doubt, that if this Flyer team was Jagr-less this season we probably wouldn't be in the playoffs right now. And Homers trades/signings last off-season wouldn't look as fantastic as they do.

That said. I hope the Flyers organization decides to re-sign Jagr, even if it is for more money. If they decide to let him go, I'd be very disappointed but wish him well, wherever he would wind up.

I don't know if every Flyer fan will truly understand what he's done for this team. And Jagr will always have a place in my heart, even if he decides to re-unite with the Pens.

*Heartfelt Rant End*

eco's bones 04-14-2012 02:28 AM

As a Rangers fan--I have nothing but respect for Jaromir. Great personality to have on your team. He's not quite the same player that he was with us but he's still pretty good. I'd have no problem if he signed back with us for next year--though I don't think that's going to happen because it's not really the direction we're going.

StandingCow 04-14-2012 02:58 AM

He is in this HNIC montage a few times...

Xegiie 04-14-2012 05:51 AM

in case theres someone crazy enough not following Jagr's tweets:P

aromir Jagr ‏ @68Jagr
@28CGiroux 3+3=6 points in one playoff game. beginning of the year i called u little Mario- now i can scratch out the little.

and

Jaromir Jagr ‏ @68Jagr
8+5=13goals in one game. Friday the 13th. #notsurprised #crazystuffhappensonthatday

jagrgodr 04-14-2012 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xegiie (Post 47965761)
in case theres someone crazy enough not following Jagr's tweets:P

aromir Jagr ‏ @68Jagr
@28CGiroux 3+3=6 points in one playoff game. beginning of the year i called u little Mario- now i can scratch out the little.

and

Jaromir Jagr ‏ @68Jagr
8+5=13goals in one game. Friday the 13th. #notsurprised #crazystuffhappensonthatday

zomg those are the two things i was thinking of last night.. 13 points on friday the 13th and Mario Jr getting 6 points, i had to think Jagr was thinking of him as mario jr especially against the penguins!

I can't believe Jagr got the GWG, i was in bed just hoping he would get it and sure enough he scores, so epic!

Xegiie 04-14-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jagrgodr (Post 47967379)
zomg those are the two things i was thinking of last night.. 13 points on friday the 13th and Mario Jr getting 6 points, i had to think Jagr was thinking of him as mario jr especially against the penguins!

I can't believe Jagr got the GWG, i was in bed just hoping he would get it and sure enough he scores, so epic!

but it was his pretty much only good bright thing he did yesterday,
you can see that on game recap, no jagr at all till he score one

but i guess better than having 5 good chances and 0 goals as he was used to in last 20+ matches

jagrgodr 04-14-2012 08:31 AM

Jagr has been snake-bitten for such a long time, i'm surprised it went in. I didn't watch most of the game, i fell asleep during the 2nd (due to early work yesterday) and after the game i saw that Jagr only played under 14 minutes which is much lower than his average at 16-20 minutes. I thought it was possibly due to special teams but i don't think that is the case.

It's crazy how things work. Jagr works like crazy for the last 20 games and doesn't score, and once you think he looks like he is done for the year he scores the most important goal of his flyers career.

DrinkFightFlyers 04-14-2012 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mja (Post 47820869)
The 1997 version of me sees this thread and vomits all over the screen. Jaromir Jagr, storied Flyers leader.

Never in a million years...

Haha. I'm with you on that one.

stranger86 04-14-2012 11:15 AM

Great article about Jagr and his influence in locker room:

Jaromir Jagrís evolution comes full circle

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...e-than-hockey/

ICAPNASTYI 04-14-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stranger86 (Post 47972309)
Great article about Jagr and his influence in locker room:

Jaromir Jagrís evolution comes full circle

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...e-than-hockey/

Thanks. That was a nice read.