HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Team Atlantic 2013 World Under 17 Challenge (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1162811)

thehockeyman123 04-12-2012 08:26 AM

Team Atlantic 2013 World Under 17 Challenge

Does anyone know what the Team Atlantic lineup could look like?

Seto 04-12-2012 09:26 AM

DeAngelo?

localfan 04-12-2012 09:26 AM

The coaching staff has been selected. You can find the list here:

http://www.hockeyscene.com/hockeysce...d=70&nid=12004

Seto 04-12-2012 10:31 AM

Scott Gordon the AC in Toronto?

Pilgore88 04-12-2012 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redarmynative (Post 47815495)
Scott Gordon the AC in Toronto?

Nope, scout for Moncton and coach in Newfoundland.

localfan 04-12-2012 11:31 AM

HALIFAX, NS, March 30, 2012 - Dave Ritcey of Truro, NS, will be the head coach of the Team Atlantic male under 17 team and Gary Dove of Goose Bay, NL will be head coach of the female under 18 team. Those appointments were announced Thursday as the Team Atlantic staff was officially unveiled.

Ritcey is a former midget AAA and junior A coach and major junior scout. He formerly coached the Team Atlantic in 2005. He is currently serving as a vice-president of the Maritime Junior Hockey League and vice-president and director of operations of the Truro Bearcats of the Nova Scotia Major Bantam Hockey League.

"I am excited having the opportunity to comeback again as head coach- as it was rewarding experience in 2005 when we won our region's first and only medal in Lethbridge", Ritcey commented. "Our team's coaching staff will work hard along with each of the four provincial branches to identify the 44 players that will attend the summer camp in July."

The female national under 18 tournament is being held this year in Dawson Creek BC from November 7th to 11th 2012, while the male World Under 17 Challenge tournament is slated to take place from December 29th to January 4th 2013, with the location to be determined in the near future.

The list of the staff of both teams is below:

Team Atlantic Male Under U17 Staff:
Dave Ritcey, Head Coach – Truro, NS
Scott Gordon, Assistant Coach – St. John’s, NL
Terry Rhindress, Assistant Coach – Riverview, NB
Joe Johnson, Goaltending Coach – Lower Sackville, NS
Jessica Sears, Trainer - Dieppe, NB
Nathan Belliveau, Equipment Manager – Saint John, NB
Brad Taylor, Director of Operations – Lower Sackville, NS

Team Atlantic Female Under U18 Staff:
Gary Dove, Head Coach, Goose Bay, NL
Zach Bell, Assistant Coach, Sackville, NB
Jen MacDonald, Assistant Coach, Stratford, PE
Chris Rinehart, Trainer, Oromocto, NB
Steve Richardson, Equipment Manager, Moncton, NB
Brad Taylor, Director of Operations – Lower Sackville, NS

pavelich 04-12-2012 12:29 PM

Does anyone know where this tournament is being held?
Thanks

welcometothebigshow2 04-12-2012 01:41 PM

I think. A few players are gonna be obvious selections. Gallant, Kielly, and Mccabe from PEI. Highmore, Moody, Blanchard, Quillan, MacDonald, and MacIntyre(?) from NS. From NB, Smallman for sure. From NFLD, im thinking Batt, Donaghey, for sure. Nathan Noel might get a shot, along with Luc Deschens. If Im forgetting anyone let me know.

Scarecrow Boat 04-12-2012 02:38 PM

My guess at rosters:
Goalies
-Mason Macdonald
-Nicholas Dawe

Defense
-Cody Donaghey
-Duncan MacIntyre
-Mark Trickett
-Luc Deschesne
-Nick Gibson
-Andrew Picco

Forwards
-Alex Gallant
-Kameron Kielly
-Nathan Noel
-Matthew Highmore
-Zach Moody
-Morgan Messenger
-Nicholas Blanchard
-Alex Gallant
-Clark Bishop
-Lucas Batt
-Liam Hynes

Didn't bother putting teams because the majority are Q draft eligible this year.
Scoutman1 should be able to provide a decent projected roster

welcometothebigshow2 04-12-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Thilander (Post 47830623)
My guess at rosters:
Goalies
-Mason Macdonald
-Nicholas Dawe

Defense
-Cody Donaghey
-Duncan MacIntyre
-Mark Trickett
-Luc Deschesne
-Nick Gibson
-Andrew Picco

Forwards
-Alex Gallant
-Kameron Kielly
-Nathan Noel
-Matthew Highmore
-Zach Moody
-Morgan Messenger
-Nicholas Blanchard
-Alex Gallant
-Clark Bishop
-Lucas Batt
-Liam Hynes

Didn't bother putting teams because the majority are Q draft eligible this year.
Scoutman1 should be able to provide a decent projected roster

I think Mccabe and Quillan are better than all your D other than Donaghey and Macintyre.. You also have Alex Gallant twice, you really think there will be that many underagers.. Trickett is overaged (95).. And Morgan Messenger? I dont think hell make it myself..

Granlund2Pulkkinen* 04-12-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redarmynative (Post 47812317)
DeAngelo?

He's... American.

Scarecrow Boat 04-12-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by welcometothebigshow2 (Post 47832697)
I think Mccabe and Quillan are better than all your D other than Donaghey and Macintyre.. You also have Alex Gallant twice, you really think there will be that many underagers.. Trickett is overaged (95).. And Morgan Messenger? I dont think hell make it myself..

:laugh:
I do have Gallant twice, as you can probably tell, I tossed this list together very quickly...

I do love threads like this when someone finally tosses a quick list together and someone says, "this guy won't make it" and "these guys are better" but they never make a list of their own ;)

welcometothebigshow2 04-12-2012 04:28 PM

My list
Goalies:
Mason MacDonald NS
Darryl MacCallum PEI

Defence:
Cody Donaghey NFLD
Duncan MacIntyre NS
Nick Quillan NS
Tanner Mccabe PEI
Nick Gibson NS
Luc Deschenes NB

Forwards
Alex Gallant PEI
Kameron Kielly PEI
Matt Highmore NS
Nick Blanchard NS
Lucas Batt NFLD
Zach Moody NS
Spencer Smallman NB
Clark Bishop NFLD
Nathan Noel NFLD
Liam Hynes NFLD
Colin MacSween NB
Nathan Yetman NFLD

Im probably forgetting somebody, but right now id be happy if this was the selection for Team Atlantic.. very strong year from NFLD..

localfan 04-13-2012 06:46 AM

I would definitely add Messenger in that group. Super hard worker on both ends of the ice.

scoutman1 04-13-2012 07:41 AM

here would be my team, the underlined players are underagers:

Goalies:
Mason McDonald
Daryl MacCallum

Defense:
Luc Deschesne
Nicolas Quillan
Cody Donaghey
Duncan MacIntyre
Brendan Nickerson
Tanner McCabe
Olivier Arsenault

Forwards:
Matthew Highmore
Zach Moody
Nathan Noel
Clark Bishop
Lucas Batt
Kameron Kielly
Alex Gallant
Tyler Burns
Colin MacSween
Denver Lynds
Kyle Tibbo
Morgan Messenger
Nicolas Blanchard

I think the 97 born Layton Parsons will also give a good run on making the team as well....a guy like Blanchard has very spotty work ethic and with a good top two lines he might not have a lot of room on the team.

9 - NS
5 - NFLD
4 - NB
4- PEI

Scarecrow Boat 04-13-2012 08:06 AM

Can't believe scoutman1 of all people just called Nathan Noel, Alex Noel!

scoutman1 04-13-2012 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Thilander (Post 47889949)
Can't believe scoutman1 of all people just called Nathan Noel, Alex Noel!

OMG that just makes me a :dunce: LOL...I corrected it, too many names, the older I get the worse my memory is getting LOL.

localfan 04-13-2012 11:16 AM

Cant say I would have Nickerson in there.

Don't they only pick underagers if the province doesnt have enough quality players to invite to tryout?

I would think NFLD would have enough forwards that they wouldnt need to ask Noel. Same for NS asking Parsons.

New Brunswick I could see asking Deschenes.

Scarecrow Boat 04-13-2012 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by localfan (Post 47896871)

Don't they only pick underagers if the province doesnt have enough quality players to invite to tryout?

I would think NFLD would have enough forwards that they wouldnt need to ask Noel. Same for NS asking Parsons.

Are you saying they'll pass on Nathan "Alex" Noel because they don't need Newfoundlanders? I'm pretty sure they'll want him there because he'd easily be one of the best players there.

scoutman1 04-13-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Nickerson will be there 100%...he represented Canada in the youth olympics...though I do not think he is a star player, his skating and size and puck handling ability make him a guy who will get picked in the 2nd round in this years QMJHL draft......and for younger players it is not if the province does not have enough quality players, exceptional players like and especially Noel will be there for sure, so will Deschesne...it is if they are that good...

hockeyfan1977 04-13-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoutman1 (Post 47889441)
here would be my team, the underlined players are underagers:

Goalies:
Mason McDonald
Daryl MacCallum

Defense:
Luc Deschesne
Nicolas Quillan
Cody Donaghey
Duncan MacIntyre
Brendan Nickerson
Tanner McCabe
Olivier Arsenault

Forwards:
Matthew Highmore
Zach Moody
Nathan Noel
Clark Bishop
Lucas Batt
Kameron Kielly
Alex Gallant
Tyler Burns
Colin MacSween
Denver Lynds
Kyle Tibbo
Morgan Messenger
Nicolas Blanchard

I think the 97 born Layton Parsons will also give a good run on making the team as well....a guy like Blanchard has very spotty work ethic and with a good top two lines he might not have a lot of room on the team.

9 - NS
5 - NFLD
4 - NB
4- PEI

Duncan macIntyre is trying out for the national US U-17 team. He has dual citizenship. saw it on another thread

Pilgore88 04-13-2012 11:58 AM

Quote:

No, this is not true.

Alex Grant, Logan McMillan, Chris Doyle, Patrice Cormier are all guys from the 89's and 90's that played underage with more then three players from their province.

scoutman1 04-13-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyfan1977 (Post 47898725)
Duncan macIntyre is trying out for the national US U-17 team. He has dual citizenship. saw it on another thread

ya i know that...but im still including him in the roster for now until he is 100% on the team

Scarecrow Boat 04-13-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyfan1977 (Post 47898725)

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoutman1 (Post 47899255)
ya i know that...but im still including him in the roster for now until he is 100% on the team

This is a complete mind frig to me. I can't wrap my head around the fact that a Cape Breton born and raised hockey player would even consider representing the USA... Was he just invited to the camp or is he going to the camp, is he just weighing all his options or is he seriously looking to play for the USNDP, is he thinking NCAA > CHL, is he mad he didn't play at the Youth Olympic Games and Jarrett Crossman did :laugh:

I don't understand this. If I was a CB born and raised player who looked promising, I'd probably want to brag that I came out of an area not known for producing much high end hockey talent.

hockeyfan1977 04-13-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam Thilander (Post 47901217)
This is a complete mind frig to me. I can't wrap my head around the fact that a Cape Breton born and raised hockey player would even consider representing the USA... Was he just invited to the camp or is he going to the camp, is he just weighing all his options or is he seriously looking to play for the USNDP, is he thinking NCAA > CHL, is he mad he didn't play at the Youth Olympic Games and Jarrett Crossman did :laugh:

I don't understand this. If I was a CB born and raised player who looked promising, I'd probably want to brag that I came out of an area not known for producing much high end hockey talent.

The Youth Olympic players were selected by random draws. The players had to apply and names were put forward by province. Many good players did not even apply! I am sure he would not be bothered by that decision