HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   News Article: Sutter and Flames Part Ways (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1163273)

haQ Loob 04-12-2012 03:57 PM

Sutter and Flames Part Ways

So, no more Brent Sutter (mutual agreement between parties) or Dave Lowry.

Thoughts on the next one?

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=627589

Zoombie 04-12-2012 04:02 PM

I don't think he is solely to blame, but I have a feeling it won't matter who the coach is next year as the Flames may be entering rebuild mode anyways.

DouglasQuaid 04-12-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoombie (Post 47835925)
I don't think he is solely to blame, but I have a feeling it won't matter who the coach is next year as the Flames may be entering rebuild mode anyways.

Honestly, I have a feeling this means just the opposite. I expect the entire core back now, outside of maybe Olli chasing a big contract elsewhere.

sem1 04-12-2012 04:07 PM

quite frankly i dont care who it is next. it dosent matter whos behind the bench, its up to the players. Sutter was a good coach, but he couldnt play the game for them. Whoever is coaching us next year wont matter unless the lineup gets a major shakeup.

for the record iam not on the re-build bandwagon. i see what the oilers are doing (a third straght first overall pick) and its pathetic. Every other fan base thinks so and any oiler fan with an ounce of pride should feel the same way. i dont want us to turn into that.

a mini rebuild would be fine. i wouldnt be heartbroken anymore to see next to any flame get traded,.........except iginla, and yes it may be the right thing to do, i just cant convince myself to be ok with it.

Calculon 04-12-2012 04:07 PM

Fantastic. Goes to show just how much Eric Francis really knows, although, I guess that should go without saying.

Now, so long as they stay away, far away from Hartsburg.

Flamesfan13 04-12-2012 04:08 PM

I say Jim Playfair gets another chance, but yeah i agree it doesn't matter who the next coach is. The players have to perform.

King In The North 04-12-2012 04:09 PM

Don't know how to feel about this, but I think it's a good thing we see a new face.

Hoser 04-12-2012 04:10 PM

As if there was any doubt. Certainly makes Eric Francis' "insider report" from a few days ago that Sutter might be given a one-year extension look stupid, but that's no surprise. It was a foregone conclusion the guy wouldn't be back. I doubt he would have been back even if the Flames managed to squeak into the playoffs.

All I can say is don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

I suspect(/fear) that Craig Hartsburg will be given the job. In my opinion the entire coaching staff needs to go.

Unlimited Chequing 04-12-2012 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calculon (Post 47836259)
Fantastic. Goes to show just how much Eric Francis really knows, although, I guess that should go without saying.

What's the background behind this statement? I love anytime Eric Francis is made to look like a fool. It drives me up the wall seeing him on Sportsnet telecasts. He's got this smug look on his face like they want him there for his "hockey knowledge".

Edit: disregard. I just saw the above posting. I love it! :laugh:

Perro 04-12-2012 04:19 PM

Stay away from Crawford.

What about brinign back Dave King.

Perro 04-12-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unlimited Chequing (Post 47836889)
What's the background behind this statement? I love anytime Eric Francis is made to look like a fool. It drives me up the wall seeing him on Sportsnet telecasts. He's got this smug look on his face like they want him there for his "hockey knowledge".

Edit: disregard. I just saw the above posting. I love it! :laugh:

At least he has nice looing suites.

TheHudlinator 04-12-2012 04:26 PM

Freedom! Lets get a coach who knows how to use Jbow and play an offensive puck control style.

Unlimited Chequing 04-12-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 47836993)
At least he has nice looing suites.

If nice looing suites == nice looking suits, then I'll have to agree with you on that :laugh:

The Gnome 04-12-2012 04:32 PM

not surprised at all. Hopefully Hartsburg is not given the reigns.

haQ Loob 04-12-2012 04:37 PM

Troy Ward's gotten a lot of respect as a player development coach. Maybe he comes up as an assistant if we go younger?

DBU 04-12-2012 04:37 PM

Absolute nots to replace him: Hartsburg, Crawford, Wilson. I will seriously rage if any of those 3 are hired.

TheHudlinator 04-12-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Sauce (Post 47838161)
Absolute nots to replace him: Hartsburg, Crawford, Wilson. I will seriously rage if any of those 3 are hired.

I want Jon Copper so bad, the man can coach anyone into a contender.

Perro 04-12-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duck Sauce (Post 47838161)

It would look wrong to have MacT behind a flame bench.

Northern Neighbour 04-12-2012 05:12 PM

I think Feaster will look to bring in an assistant from a team that plays a puck-possession game, such as John Anderson (Phoenix), Dave Cameron (Ottawa), Mike Haviland (Chicago), Joe Mullen (Philadelphia), etc. I would be very surprised if Feaster hires a retread.

Perro 04-12-2012 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Neighbour (Post 47840223)
I think Feaster will look to bring in an assistant from a team that plays a puck-possession game, such as John Anderson (Phoenix), Dave Cameron (Ottawa), Mike Haviland (Chicago), Joe Mullen (Philadelphia), etc. I would be very surprised if Feaster hires a retread.

Was Feaster responsible for hiring the worse retread in Melrose? Or was that someone else.

Remember2004 04-12-2012 05:17 PM

R.W? :naughty: == Ron wilson!!

DouglasQuaid 04-12-2012 05:18 PM

Dreger saying that it sounds like Brent wanted to move towards rebuilding, management didn't agree. I've got a bad feeling about this...

TheHudlinator 04-12-2012 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasQuaid (Post 47840635)
Dreger saying that it sounds like Brent wanted to move towards rebuilding, management didn't agree. I've got a bad feeling about this...

When the coach thinks we should rebuild maybe someone should take the hint.

Perro 04-12-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DouglasQuaid (Post 47840635)

Good for Brent for leaving then.

SB47 04-12-2012 05:29 PM

Well...Change the coach and more. Dont sit back with one move feaster