HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Boyle/Anisimov (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1163741)

vladmyir111 04-12-2012 11:09 PM

Boyle/Anisimov

And I'm not even talking about the obvious such as Boyle scoring the goal or Arty with the assists.

I'm talking about Boyle actually having the presence of mind to take it to Karlson and rough him up and Anisimov seemingly trying harder than I have ever seen.

I know a lot of our guys played to par this game, but these two seemed to be in another gear for their standards, good to see. We all know that was one of the bigger question marks if these two would be of any real use in the playoffs.

trilobyte 04-12-2012 11:15 PM

Boyle has always been a warrior, but over the last few weeks he looks more effective.
Anisimov was carrying some very good speed tonight, and he looks dangerous in the way that a guy that nobody supects to be a threat does. He had really good control tonight. It makes me think that the team is getting very specific instructions on style of play.

vladmyir111 04-12-2012 11:28 PM

Whatever it is they are doing it, we're not going very far if players like that aren't doing those things. Gaborick and Richards aren't scoring 3 goals a night for the rest of the playoffs.

Dactyl 04-12-2012 11:45 PM

i personally love AA and strongly dislike boyle (as a player hes a great locker room guy) however i will admit boyle has played like the 3rd line center that we need he has won FO, hit, score, everything that you could ask from a third liner. AA looked really good out there tonight after being invisible for a little while (hopefully hes getting hot at the right time) anyway i really like what im seeing from these two right now they give us depth to go deep into the playoffs

Nickmo82 04-13-2012 04:54 AM

kudos to boyle for upping his game, thats for sure. Anisimov is more than capable of playing like that all the time but is so inconsistent. I love him, he is one of my favourite rangers... but lets just hope he shows up all playoffs long because he has bags of talent.

borisbewick8 04-13-2012 05:07 AM

Anisimov: Kovalev part II?

Raymones 04-13-2012 05:23 AM

I think Boyle is close to perfect 3rd line center, good on the PK and seems to get under opponent's skin. He's gonna be a pain in the ass for Karlsson all series, for sure. However, I think he was a bit lucky when he got Karlsson sent off in the second period tonight. It turned out very well, as he pulled the Senators biggest threat off the PP, but the refs could easily have given him a instigation penalty and put the Sens on a 5 on 3. That's the kind of calls that can make or break a game. Karlsson didn't do anything to deserve a penalty, but IMO Boyle did and he can't risk that.

Anisimov is a solid player in both ends of the ice, but I agree he struggles with inconsistency. He has all the tools though, and I have a feeling he will gear up and be a big contributor in the playoffs.

McDunna with Fries 04-13-2012 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borisbewick8 (Post 47887939)

Haha wow that is high praise.

Vitto79 04-13-2012 07:54 AM

Boyle needs to be given some credit. He has been crapped on by the fan base all yr but reality is he has been a good checking line C and lately really chipping in with goals

AA being compared to Kovalev makes sense cause he is inconsistent but at times looks great. I would gladly call him Kovy II cause they won the cup with him

NYR Viper 04-13-2012 08:37 AM

The Rangers, for the past 3 years, have been trying to form Boyle into a Paul Gaustad-like player. I would say he is pretty much there. Gaustad is invaluable to any team he is on. He does the dirty work, is hard to play against, sticks up for his teammates, takes important face-offs, PK's and can help on the PP as well. Gaustad just returned a 1st round pick from nashville at the deadline for a reason. Teams are looking for multi-faceted players. He gets too much flack around here for what he doesn't do and not enough praise for that which he does.

NYRSkate 04-13-2012 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by borisbewick8 (Post 47887939)

Get him a troll ASAP. And I don't mean an internet troll, those are all too common.

http://i.imgur.com/feWZ2.jpg

Stugots 04-13-2012 08:53 AM

I've been hard on Boyle, but if he continues to play the way he did last night and the last few weeks, then that would be so integral to having success in these playoffs.

nyrmessier011 04-13-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vladmyir111 (Post 47878231)
And I'm not even talking about the obvious such as Boyle scoring the goal or Arty with the assists.

I'm talking about Boyle actually having the presence of mind to take it to Karlson and rough him up and Anisimov seemingly trying harder than I have ever seen.

I know a lot of our guys played to par this game, but these two seemed to be in another gear for their standards, good to see. We all know that was one of the bigger question marks if these two would be of any real use in the playoffs.

Those two points are exactly what I came to these boards this morning to make. Boyle has turned into such a smart player, and I credit Torts and Boyle's selfless team play. It was awesome that play on Karlesson. Also, Arty looked like a ten year veteran out there from the opening puck drop and with a fire under his ass. What about Fedo, too. Game looked to be at a new level.

Puckface NYR* 04-13-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nyrmessier011 (Post 47893685)
Those two points are exactly what I came to these boards this morning to make. Boyle has turned into such a smart player, and I credit Torts and Boyle's selfless team play. It was awesome that play on Karlesson. Also, Arty looked like a ten year veteran out there from the opening puck drop and with a fire under his ass. What about Fedo, too. Game looked to be at a new level.

What really made me love Boyle was that interview he gave in which he said how much an honor it has been wearing the rangers jersey for the past couple years etc.

Regardless of how he plays, i know boyle is giving 110% and will do whatever it takes for the team.

Larry Melnyk 04-13-2012 10:19 AM

I thought one of the keys to the Rangers success in the POs was how their young forwards (AA, Hags, Step) played (especially at ES) after not doing so much performance wise (ES) or physically during the PO stretch drive....That's why it was great to see AA and hags' game last night, and Stepan to a lesser extent....A good sign in my eyes...we'll see..

Rangerfans 04-13-2012 10:34 AM

Guess we're going to bite our tongues on all those "Boyle sucks" threads?

:sarcasm:

Thordic 04-13-2012 10:35 AM

? Stepan has been invisible all too frequently lately, and did nothing last night. I'm not worried about him long-term, but right now, he needs to get his head on straight.

AA was great last night. I don't think a Kovy comparison is fair, they are totally different players. With AA, you don't (at least I don't) get the impression that he has all this talent locked away and he just doesn't care. AA is nowhere near as offensively talented as Kovy. I think he issue is more with his mental game, sometimes it just seems like his hockey sense is way off. Defensively, he gets the game to a T. Offensively, he gets lost sometimes. A lot of his goals are individual efforts and tap-ins off rebounds. His assists frequently come as a result of other players capitalizing off his good defensive play. He isn't a very creative player.

NYRantLftyC19 04-13-2012 10:57 AM

Stepan, and to an extent Dubi, both need to get their games going now. I think they are the only two players that are struggling now since Boyle and Ani look better.

Inferno 04-13-2012 11:10 AM

Boyles been outstanding for about a month now. Has finally realized that shots on goal, have a chance to go in, instead of shots 4 feet wide.

Still though, what he brings to the ice is an elite 4th line forward, good 3rd line forward. if he can bring that scoring touch up, he'd move into the elite 3rd line forward range.

Inferno 04-13-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRantLftyC19 (Post 47896045)
Stepan, and to an extent Dubi, both need to get their games going now. I think they are the only two players that are struggling now since Boyle and Ani look better.

Dubi has played MUCH better than Stepan as of late...frankly as of a long while....since Gabby moved off of Stepans line.

Stepan has been much worse than AA for ppl who love to trash AA.

OverTheCap 04-13-2012 11:19 AM

I had a feeling Boyle would play well in the playoffs, but it was a pleasant surprise to see Anisimov be so involved. He improved a lot since last year's playoffs. I thought Dubi was good also... being physical, solid puck possession, etc., he's looked more like last season's Dubi as of late.

Stepan continued his lackluster play from the end of the regular season into the playoffs. He was soft along the boards and losing the puck a lot. It may not be a big deal now, but when the games get even tighter and our top line is being shut down, Stepan needs to play better and get more engaged.

Mio41 04-13-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno (Post 47896623)
Boyles been outstanding for about a month now. Has finally realized that shots on goal, have a chance to go in, instead of shots 4 feet wide.

Still though, what he brings to the ice is an elite 4th line forward, good 3rd line forward. if he can bring that scoring touch up, he'd move into the elite 3rd line forward range.

Taking all the important faceoffs too...

n8 04-13-2012 01:33 PM

the two-headed Ranger fan strikes again! He's using his Barb Underhill magic when it counts this season. :laugh:

007 04-13-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYRSkate (Post 47890813)
Get him a troll ASAP. And I don't mean an internet troll, those are all too common.

http://i.imgur.com/feWZ2.jpg

Gosh, I forgot Trautwig had hair!

ChrisKreider20 04-13-2012 02:39 PM

Boyle has come so far. The guys work ethic since his exit interview in 2010 has been tireless.

Here is a quick reminder if our reactions when he first got here:
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...=655655&page=9
And this is after his first year
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=797138

Now I would not trade him unless it was for a massive overpayment....