HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   OHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   *OFFICIAL* Brampton Battalion 2012-13 Season Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1163797)

battfan888 04-13-2012 01:13 AM

*OFFICIAL* Brampton Battalion 2012-13 Season Thread

Well the 2011-2012 season is done in Brampton and I am already going through withdrawl so time to talk about 2012-2013 :nod:

Watters, Mackie and Porowski are all gone, very solid group of OA's and some offense that REALLY needs to be replaced.
Also obviously a VERY good chance that Carrick doesnt return next year as he has signed a deal with the Leafs and is AHL eligable.

Brampton has 6 1992 born OA eligable players on their current roster with Carrick, Lane, Wind, Froats, O'Neil and Wilson.

Obviously at least 3 gotta go.
I'm thinking we see Lane and Wind back for sure next year with a spot saved for Carrick should he get returned at any point.
O'Neil should be gone as will be Wilson as I cant see why you would waste an OA spot on a backup goalie since Machovsky will be back.

All the current defenceman are returning next year as will Machovsky which should make Brampton scary good defensively. However the glaring hole is offense.

Perhaps Barclay Goodrow can step up to try and help fill the void of Sam Carrick should he not return, I think Goodrow is capable. Hopefully Robinson and Machac come along with their development and get better. While we can only hope the 2 top new picks of Clarke and Amadio can bring some young scoring punch. But hope only gets you so far and in the end if this team wants to go deep next year Stan will HAVE to get out there this off season and nab some vet scoring.

If this team can get its offense going, look out, the Troops could be very dangerous in 12-13.

bidzey 04-13-2012 08:20 AM

one dude that really needs to go is their mascott!! He looks like he ready to shoot someone, or beat someone up. IMO hockey mascotts should be happy... not angry, and amusing the kids. I wonder if any kids have ever been afraid of him.

dino200022 04-13-2012 10:28 AM

I think the kids are more afraid of how the Battalion play....SOOOO BORING no wonder they never get any fans...plus they charge 7 bucks for a hot dog!!!

bidzey 04-13-2012 10:57 AM

$7 ??!! :shakehead
I hope that's at least a foot long.

dino200022 04-13-2012 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bidzey (Post 47893525)
$7 ??!! :shakehead
I hope that's at least a foot long.

Haha i might be over exaggerating a little bit....here in London it is the same every concession is expensive like 5 bucks for a small slice of pizza from pizza pizza haha just brutal!

Crottenham 04-13-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dino200022 (Post 47893697)
Haha i might be over exaggerating a little bit....here in London it is the same every concession is expensive like 5 bucks for a small slice of pizza from pizza pizza haha just brutal!

Nothing beats the ACC! 2 small beers and a chicken wrap for $30!!!!!! And the suckers keep lining up.....

bidzey 04-13-2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crottenham (Post 47896003)
Nothing beats the ACC! 2 small beers and a chicken wrap for $30!!!!!! And the suckers keep lining up.....

That's gross... I would take that $30 buy a case of beer, stay home to watch the game while I drink it, and maybe make myself a chicken sandwich

Nifty Naz 04-13-2012 04:21 PM

Scoring might be a problem next year. I hope Stan Butler can bring in a 1st line center. I don't see Carrick coming back next year.

JSavoire 04-15-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nifty Naz (Post 47908627)
Scoring might be a problem next year. I hope Stan Butler can bring in a 1st line center. I don't see Carrick coming back next year.

With all the Vets gone and too many OA's next year, it will give Robinson a lot of prime playing ice and that kid can put up numbers. Believe me he WILL step in to the void and put up his share of points. Brampton won't fall too many steps back like some think.

Nifty Naz 04-18-2012 06:32 PM

They'll still make the playoffs, especially if most of our stellar defense and goaltending returns :)

battfan888 04-19-2012 07:59 PM

Sam Carrick was called up to the Marlies today, however he doesnt appear to be in the lineup for their first playoff game tonight.

I'm thinking there is not much of a chance he comes back next year.

Blayzer 04-22-2012 02:41 PM

Lane is a guy who I am going to look at stepping up next season.

Robinson - - Goodrow
Clark - Machac - Lane
- Amadio - Macleod
- Jarvis -

Bell, Wind, Blujus, Auld, Miller, McIvor, Abraham

Magic Mach

An experienced Center is a must if Carrick isn`t back. We need a some toughnes too if O`Neil is gone.

battfan888 04-22-2012 11:32 PM

Here is the thing with Philip Lane.
In the games where he is on he can easily be the best player on the ice, he has done some amazing things in his 3 years here. Here's the problem..... that Philip Lane only shows up for 10 games a season.

But your right hopefully he can be a guy who steps up next year as an OA.
I am still thinking the go to guy on this team will be Goodrow (should Carrick not come back).

If Carrick comes back this team can do some damage, problem is I doubt very much he comes back. I still think though this team can be trouble for the rest of the East with a trade or two for some skilled forwards, easier said than done, perhaps give up one of our current D in a trade.
Hopefully we can manage to trade Froats and Wilson in the off season for some picks that can be used for future trades.

As far as I know though Brampton still owns most of their high picks, I think Stan gave up a 4th and 5th to get Lewis (who I could see having a breakout year)

Torts 04-23-2012 09:38 AM

if carrick comes back he's clearly the no. 1 center

but is Machac not ready, from the 6-8 times ive seen brampton he seems ready to take the next step, especially if he gets drafted and has a good offseason.

brampton also selected blake clarke in the 1st round of the draft. originally stating he wont come to ohl, if butler and co convince him he could easily take over no. 2 or no. 3 center minutes.

battfan888 04-23-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torts (Post 48651795)
if carrick comes back he's clearly the no. 1 center

but is Machac not ready, from the 6-8 times ive seen brampton he seems ready to take the next step, especially if he gets drafted and has a good offseason.

brampton also selected blake clarke in the 1st round of the draft. originally stating he wont come to ohl, if butler and co convince him he could easily take over no. 2 or no. 3 center minutes.

Machac I think can be a go to guy next year, but he was very inconsistant this year, hopefully he has a good summer and comes back better. The thing that I am willing to forgive from him this year was that he was only 17, same with Robinson except he was only 16.

As for Clarke, there was an interview on Battalionhockey.com where he was quoted as saying that he thinks the OHL will be the best place for him to develop. Now he hasnt actually stated yet that he will come to Brampton but it seems he is OHL bound so I am thinking he will be in Brampton. Butler I dont think would have wasted a 1st round pick on a guy who he still has to convince to show up, there probably has been some previous communication between Clarke and the Battalion.

NHL Fanatic 05-19-2012 08:05 PM

There are rumblings that Brampton may move to North Bay.

battfan888 05-21-2012 08:24 PM

Why did they pave the other half of their parking lot?

battfan888 05-25-2012 01:14 AM

So the Battalion have signed their 6th round pick from the 2011 draft in Mark Raycroft, a defenceman who played with St.Thomas last year.

Article:
http://www.woodstocksentinelreview.c...pton-battalion

With Butler saying that they expect Mark to compete for a spot in September I'm thinking somebody is on the way out of an already solid defensive group.

We had 7 defenceman last year playing regular minutes, mind you Brenden Miller got a lot of extra time after Spencer Abraham went downin the 2nd half of the season.

Personally I'm hoping this means we trade a defenceman as part of a package or something to get some more veteran offense on this team, its really all this team is missing for a deep run in 12-13.

Hopefully this weekends mini camp will be the time they can sign those early picks from this years draft as I do believe Brampton is the only team yet to sign their 1st round pick.

battfan888 05-27-2012 12:07 PM

Only was able to catch the first 4 on 4 game yesterday at Mini Camp and was unable to go this morning but one guy who really impressed me was Nicholas Paul, hopefully he can have a good summer, he had several pretty rushes and nice set ups for some goals, hopefully he can pull that off against some other teams come exhibition time and provide some offense for this team.

NHL Fanatic 05-28-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by battfan888 (Post 50209553)
Only was able to catch the first 4 on 4 game yesterday at Mini Camp and was unable to go this morning but one guy who really impressed me was Nicholas Paul, hopefully he can have a good summer, he had several pretty rushes and nice set ups for some goals, hopefully he can pull that off against some other teams come exhibition time and provide some offense for this team.

Nicholas Paul was a steal for Brampton. He was by far one of the top Midget players this year. If he continues to improve on his skating he will be the top player of this draft class. He should be given a chance to crack the roster if he continues to have a good summer.

battfan888 05-28-2012 07:47 PM

Philip Lane has signed with the Phoenix Coyotes, could mean we dont see him back next season.

Ottawa Guy 05-31-2012 11:12 AM

Just wondering how an Ottawa area boy, Nick Legault, made out at the rookie camp. He was a 13th round draft pick.

JSavoire 05-31-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic (Post 50245115)
Nicholas Paul was a steal for Brampton. He was by far one of the top Midget players this year. If he continues to improve on his skating he will be the top player of this draft class. He should be given a chance to crack the roster if he continues to have a good summer.

This was a guy that I was surprised didn't get drafted in M. Midget. He had the size, shot and smarts for sure. Skating was weak but not as bad as some have made it out to be. Speed was the only thing I saw lacking and Skating and Speed can be worked on and the guy is never going to play a Gaborik or Hossa type role but he can definitely be an asset to score some needy goals.

NHL Fanatic 05-31-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSavoire (Post 50361391)
This was a guy that I was surprised didn't get drafted in M. Midget. He had the size, shot and smarts for sure. Skating was weak but not as bad as some have made it out to be. Speed was the only thing I saw lacking and Skating and Speed can be worked on and the guy is never going to play a Gaborik or Hossa type role but he can definitely be an asset to score some needy goals.

Well he is definitely a lot better than he was last year. Looking at the media guide in one year he has gone from 5'11 175 to 6'2 205, huge difference. There has been improvements in his skating but its still an area he needs to work on. But other than that he has really gotten better everywhere and has become a more well rounded player.

battfan888 06-01-2012 04:03 PM

Brampton has traded Keegan Wilson to Ottawa in exchange for 19 year old centre and Brampton native Nicholas Foglia.

Foglia had 9 goals and 8 assists for the 67s last year.

Pretty good trade for Brampton in my opinion, Butler has a history of picking up players with not so attractive numbers and getting them to inflate a bit, ie Brett Mackie this past season.

To get that for an OA back up goalie is a good move.