HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Proposal: Atlanta Playoff HQ (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1164163)

AintLifeGrand 04-13-2012 01:37 PM

Atlanta Playoff HQ

Has a place been established?

I know Twains and Taco Mac in Decatur have Center Ice and have NHL games on the reg

AtlantaWhaler 04-13-2012 01:39 PM

Twains was a great Thrasher hangout. Amazing gravity beers there, too. I'm too far, but that would be the best pick.

GreenHornet 04-13-2012 02:19 PM

There's always T.J.'s on Holcomb Bridge Rd. And there's now a new Taco Mac just up the street from it, too.

AintLifeGrand 04-13-2012 02:21 PM

isnt Holcomb Bridge rd in Dawsonville?

I was thinking somewhere ITP with a good atmosphere ; but I'm down for wherever a group of us can come dominate an establishment.

Drake744 04-13-2012 02:43 PM

It would be pretty cool to invade Atlanta to watch a Preds road playoff game haha

GreenHornet 04-13-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AintLifeGrand (Post 47905831)
isnt Holcomb Bridge rd in Dawsonville?

I was thinking somewhere ITP with a good atmosphere ; but I'm down for wherever a group of us can come dominate an establishment.

Nope. The Holcomb Br. Road I refer to is in east Roswell (north Fulton Co.) just over the river from Peachtree Corners (in western Gwinnett).

Bongo 04-14-2012 09:51 AM

Twains is good. Brewhouse or Yacht Club in Little Five Points. There's a hockey friendly bar in East Atlanta but I can't recall it's name. Arizona Pub is also very hockey friendly, last year they gave 4 of us the whole upstairs. Universal Joint in Oakhurst is also nice.

ThirdManIn 04-14-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drake744 (Post 47906919)
It would be pretty cool to invade Atlanta to watch a Preds road playoff game haha

If we go to the second round I may have to take you up on this idea.

Need to get through with finals first

thisismikea 04-15-2012 04:15 PM

Firebird is a good hockey spot. Hockey is on all the time. Caught the Preds game there Friday. Also, played a bit of street hockey out back between periods.

Its off Ashford Dunwoody in the Wally World shopping center.

thomas magnum 04-16-2012 08:53 AM

Everyone downtown should be going to the Midway in East Atlanta. One of the best beer selections in the city, TV's everywhere and they don't mind turning on the games. I'll be there on Tuesday.

VFL615* 04-16-2012 09:15 AM

Great to see Northern GA support the Preds. Now if West and East TN would catch on:handclap:

GwtGlads2013 04-17-2012 05:12 PM

I live OTP so not familiar with any of those places.

Bongo 04-24-2012 10:43 AM

My wife's incredible endless amount of patience is wearing thin what with me watching hockey on TV every night. Since the Arizona Pub is walking distance from my house, looks like I'm headed there when she kicks me to the curb.

kypredsfan 04-24-2012 10:55 AM

When I was down for the sweet 16 and elite 8, the tacomac outside the cnn center was fantastic!

Adz 04-24-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bongo (Post 48734965)
My wife's incredible endless amount of patience is wearing thin what with me watching hockey on TV every night. Since the Arizona Pub is walking distance from my house, looks like I'm headed there when she kicks me to the curb.

It's the same way in my house except backwards. I'm the wife and hubby is the one with the patience wearing thin. Ha ha!

Oh, well. We have a pact. Everything hockey belongs to me. Everything Springsteen belongs to him. Also I get most of the drawers and closet space. ;)

Bongo 04-25-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adz (Post 48752797)
It's the same way in my house except backwards. I'm the wife and hubby is the one with the patience wearing thin. Ha ha!

Oh, well. We have a pact. Everything hockey belongs to me. Everything Springsteen belongs to him. Also I get most of the drawers and closet space. ;)

You got the better end of that deal. Another one of life's little dichotomies is that guys always say they like ladies who dig sports. Yet I've seen a lot of men intimidated by women as knowledgeable about sports as they seem to think they are.