HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Martin Erat Appreciation thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1164749)

CantbeatzPekka 04-13-2012 11:48 PM

Martin Erat Appreciation thread

May not be the best timing for this, but Marty deserves a thread like this. Guy is our best player night in and night out. Sure he has consistency issues, but so does malkin/stamkos/etc.. you get the point. The guy is our unsung hero and has been for years.

Thanks Marty, keep up the solid work.

ThirdManIn 04-14-2012 12:03 AM

I still don't understand how Martin Erat was below Vernon ****ing Fiddler in Selke votes last year. Really?

I guess Fiddler's 22 points and +3 rating beat Erat's 50 pts and +14 rating...

Erat gets no respect...

CantbeatzPekka 04-14-2012 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 47957665)
I still don't understand how Martin Erat was below Vernon ****ing Fiddler in Selke votes last year. Really?

I guess Fiddler's 22 points and +3 rating beat Erat's 50 pts and +14 rating...

Erat gets no respect...

its unbelievable really. Marty isnt even recognized by over half the league, let alone our own fans. Guy has just as much skill as Radulov IMO.

ThirdManIn 04-14-2012 12:17 AM

You know it means that Fiddler is better, right?

At least by the standards around this massive site... :shakehead

CantbeatzPekka 04-14-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 47958867)
You know it means that Fiddler is better, right?

At least by the standards around this massive site... :shakehead

yeah, things like that just leave me with no hope for the NHL's rating of players outside the top 10 scoring or top 10 dman to ever be accurate by any means.

PredsV82 04-14-2012 02:11 AM

Martys great but he needs to put a couple of pucks in the net in the next week or so....

AdmiralsFan24 04-14-2012 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 47963363)
Martys great but he needs to put a couple of pucks in the net in the next week or so....

I'd settle for at the net.

golfmade 04-14-2012 05:20 AM

He certainly worked his ass off in last game, hustling for pucks on both ends of the ice and fore/back checking. Just hope he can convert on some of those chances.

CantbeatzPekka 04-14-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsV82 (Post 47963363)

he is definitely expected to, and if he isnt scoring he better be setting up goals. luckily this series is longer than 2 games.

NoNecksCurse 04-14-2012 04:59 PM

erat is a great player and very underrated. go erat..

no surprise, however, all our "top" guys go silent on the scoresheet ...

Los Depredadores 04-14-2012 05:10 PM

Marty is a great skater but I'm sick of watching him miss easy goals.

dulzhok 04-14-2012 05:16 PM

Put Erat and Radulov together. Just do it. Certainly can't hurt our top 2 lines' production.

CantbeatzPekka 04-14-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Los Depredadores (Post 47992251)
Marty is a great skater but I'm sick of watching him miss easy goals.

bounces didnt go his way, same could be said about Radulov. Rads missed an "easy" pass across the slot and whiffed the puck on the heel of his stick. He could have tied it up, but he missed an wide open net... An "easy" goal radulov missed... Marty has played harder than 90% of our team this serires. He will connect on goals/assists soon enough. SK should be the one who should be at blame for making fisher and erat carry the entire line. You know a line requires three capable linemates. If SK was clicking right now that line would be producing and no one would be *****ing about it.

CantbeatzPekka 04-14-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok (Post 47992741)
Put Erat and Radulov together. Just do it. Certainly can't hurt our top 2 lines' production.

been saying htat since we got radulov.

Erat-fisher-Radulov

NoNecksCurse 04-14-2012 05:30 PM

id put tootoo with fisher and erat before I put sk back there...

sergei "playoff ghost" kostitsyn

dulzhok 04-14-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantBeatMyPekka (Post 47993131)
been saying htat since we got radulov.

Erat-fisher-Radulov

I agree. Ever since Radulov's return, I thought Erat would be the best complement. At the time, Erat-Fish-SK were on fire so I could understand... but now that Erat-Fisher-SK are ice cold, we HAVE to do it.

ThirdManIn 04-14-2012 11:16 PM

Definitely. I think Erat and Radulov would be great together. Taking the puck away from that line would be nearly impossible

With that said, AK and Rads have some chemistry, too, and Trotz may want to spread his best puck possession guys out if he can. That is one of our weaknesses

dulzhok 04-14-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 48028937)
Definitely. I think Erat and Radulov would be great together. Taking the puck away from that line would be nearly impossible

With that said, AK and Rads have some chemistry, too, and Trotz may want to spread his best puck possession guys out if he can. That is one of our weaknesses

Agreed, but Erat-Fisher-SK are doing nothing right now so the 'spreading of wealth' isn't working for us. I'm fairly confident that Radulov will help just about anyone he's paired with.

SK & AK have shown chemistry in their brief time together. They also had some chemistry in Montreal's playoff run years back. We have to try something different. If SK has a poor performance tomorrow, I'm totally fine with sitting him in place of Wilson.

ThirdManIn 04-14-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok (Post 48029349)
Agreed, but Erat-Fisher-SK are doing nothing right now so the 'spreading of wealth' isn't working for us. I'm fairly confident that Radulov will help just about anyone he's paired with.

SK & AK have shown chemistry in their brief time together. They also had some chemistry in Montreal's playoff run years back. We have to try something different. If SK has a poor performance tomorrow, I'm totally fine with sitting him in place of Wilson.

My only problem with Wilson is Detroit is entirely too good defensively and too good at turning mistakes into chances to risk putting another turnover machine on the ice, especially one who hasn't been that great at getting back defensively. I don't think Wilson is going to see any ice time unless we take an injury or two.

SK and AK on the same line could be interesting. They have shown promise before, but mainly on the power play. The downfall is it might cut down on the sibling rivalry advantage (if one scores, the other wants to) since they would likely be setting up each other's plays.

It's worth a look, though

NoNecksCurse 05-06-2012 12:59 PM

wanted to bring this back up...

erat has been great and has given a 110% every shift. the same can't be said for a large portion of our players. if everyone else was on erat's level of effort, we'd be on our way to a cup

Top 6 Spaling 05-06-2012 01:01 PM

He's been our best forward this series, no doubt.

CantbeatzPekka 05-06-2012 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse (Post 49336859)
wanted to bring this back up...

erat has been great and has given a 110% every shift. the same can't be said for a large portion of our players. if everyone else was on erat's level of effort, we'd be on our way to a cup

forgot about this thread completely. Thanks for the reminder.

Marty has continued to impress and agreed he has been playing with fire recently.

cleangene 05-07-2012 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling (Post 49336923)
He's been our best forward this series, no doubt.

For the heavy amount of grief I've given #10 for prolonged periods of invisibility from past seasons, I'm gladly eating every word, and agreeing with this post 1,000 percent. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE lead the way in a 60 minute effort tonight, Marty.

golfmade 05-07-2012 01:15 AM

I hope some of his hustle and effort can rub off on other players for the rest of this series, which is hopefully longer than one more game.

tnvol 05-07-2012 02:00 PM

Let's hope he brings his A game tonight. I like Marty. I'd like him more if he hit's the back of the net tonight.