HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   OHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   *OFFICIAL* Kingston Frontenacs 2012-2013 Season Thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1165073)

SixthSens 04-14-2012 11:15 AM

*OFFICIAL* Kingston Frontenacs 2012-2013 Season Thread

Fronts talk here.

BigBuck 04-15-2012 06:21 AM

The Kingston Frontenacs continue with their rebuild here are this years draft selections:

Rnd. Player Name Team Name Pos. Ht. Wt. Birthdate
1 Roland McKeown Toronto Marlboros RD 6'1 180 01/20/1996
1 Samuel Bennett Toronto Marlboros LW 5'11 160 06/20/1996
2 Dylan Di Perna Mississauga Rebels RD 6'1 165 04/26/1996
2 Spencer Watson London Knights- Gold LW 5'10 155 04/25/1996
3 Joel Howard Ottawa Jr 67's G 6'0 150 02/27/1996
5 Matthew Watson London Knights- Gold RD 5'10 157 04/25/1996
6 Stuart Ilekys Don Mills Flyers LC 5'9 155 02/05/1996
7 Owen Gill Upper Canada Cyclones LC 5'11 152 01/09/1996
8 Jake Gilmour Jr. Canadiens RW 6'1 182 08/19/1996
9 Marcel Godbout Shattuck St. Mary's U16 RC 5'9 175 06/04/1996
10 Mark Sinclair Hamilton Jr. Bulldogs G 5'10 146 03/08/1996
11 Zachary Emelifeonwu Greater Kingston LW 6'1 175 09/05/1996
12 Slater Doggett Burlington LW 6 190 07/03/1994
13 Robert Michaelis Cambridge Hawks LC 5'10 170 03/23/1996
14 Devon Paliani Sun County Panthers RC 5'8 140 10/10/1996
15 Nicholas Petropoulos Don Mills Flyers LD 5'11 135 07/07/1996

Looks pretty solid.
Which ones make the team and what kind of line combinations, changes should be made this year to continue moving forward?

JSavoire 04-15-2012 02:38 PM

Arguably you could take the first four...I would. Gilmour as a GM is working out better and quicker than I thought and Todd Gill as a Coach I've always been for that. 2 years from now they will make some noise and then will start contending for real after that.

BigBuck 04-16-2012 07:28 AM

What will the defence look like for the Fronts this year with Mckeown and Diperna joining the team? They have 2-95's with Hutchinson and Blight,3-94's with Gudbranson,Steele,Tessier and 2-93's with Moffat,Nixon. It looks like someone is going to have to be moved as it is pretty crowded. I could see Blight ,Hutchinson and Gudranson as the defensive guys playing with Steele,Mckeown,Diperna leaving Moffat,Nixon and Tessier fighting for the 7th spot. Who has the best trade value of the bunch? Who could be moved to help the Fronts in the future? Can Mckeown and Diperna step in and help right away?

JSavoire 04-19-2012 04:36 PM

I'm a big McKeown fan so I'm going to say he'll be a contributor for sure especially under the Coaching of Todd Gill who as a D-man himself with tons of NHL experience can personally guide him. It'll be great to watch some of those games live and see how he and Diperna and others do.

pharling 04-27-2012 12:05 PM

ep 2 Blueprint

fronts fans, catch episode two of the series the Blueprint tonight (Friday) on tv cogeco at 7:30 & 9:30.

Featured in this episode will be the architects Doug Gilmour, Todd Gill, and Darren Keily. With comments and analysis from OHL personalities around the league.

Don't ya dare miss it!

Sidney the Kidney 05-19-2012 11:41 PM

I really don't think Moffat should be back, but I'm willing to bet he will be back. IMO, he was a defensive liability back there. He looked lost about where he should be half the time, and looked disinterested when it came to racing back to get into position when the opponent was carrying the puck up the ice.

Steele - Gudbranson should be the Fronts' top pairing, with whoever plays the best out of the rest filling spots 3 to 7 on the depth chart. Ideally, the Fronts should bring in an OA guy to play in their top four, to take some pressure off of a young defense corps.

Up front, I'm really not sure who is going to score goals. Kujawinski was fantastic after coming over from Sarnia, and Jenkins looked like he could be a decent point producer. Add to that the surprising Greenaway and the hard working Alcock, and that's four guys who could produce. But after that? So many question marks, IMO.

In nets, expect the Fronts to deal for an OA or a 19 year old from another club. It's what they always do.

FrontenacSens 05-20-2012 12:31 AM

Jenkins-Kujawinski-Morbeck
Alcock-Greenaway-Bennett
Cull-Lloyd-Watson
Dupuy-Smith-Nevins
Fitzmorris

Steele-Gudbranson
Moffat-McKeown
Hutchinson-Di Perna
Blight

Import
Wood/Richard

I'm hoping the Import Goalie will be Dansk or Vasilevski, but I doubt it

dirk 05-20-2012 06:32 AM

Front Lineup

I think your roster looks pretty accurate but I really believe that they go after a high end scorer that will play top 6 minutes. I also think they move a forward via trade to make sure that Bennett and Watson get minutes and develop. Also, they drafted Doggett this year (94) so he must be in their plans to make the team.

On defense, one of Moffatt or Nixon stays but not both.

All this to say...get us a stud in net!!! we're gonna need one!

chiller 05-20-2012 08:53 AM

Jenkins Kujawinski Bennett
Alcock Greenaway Cull
Watson Smith Morbeck
Dupuy Lloyd Nevins
Fitzmorris
Mazurek

Steele Gudbranson
McKeown Import/Trade
Hutchinson/Blight DiPerna
Nixon

Import
Trade

The line orders could easily change depending on who is hot at the time or if scoring or defence is needed. As the goal is to peak for 2013/14 or 2014/15 they are likely to give the youth the opportunity to develop. Bennett with Kujawinski and Jenkins would be fun to watch. Cull's energy and heart fits well with Greenaway and Alcock proven scoring. Watson's vision and scoring would go well with Smith's speed and hands. The checking line of Lloyd with Dupuy and Nevins would create a lot energy as well. A lot of offensive upside for the forwards.
Steele with Gudbranson gives him the opportunity to take a few more chances offensively. Same with McKeown and hopefully a big defensive import or trade D. It would be great to see McKeown have a veteran/proven defensive partner which would allow him to make common rookie mistakes without losing confidence. Ekblad in Barrie is a good model of how he can develop. Hutchinson or Blight with rookie DiPerna would be a physical presence.
Definately need an import goalie as the first pick. Bobkov likely has a big influence in getting the best Russian or European goalie to report to Kingston. Gill/Gilmour would likely have to promise the majority of games to get the top import goalie to come so the backup would have to be happy with getting approx 12-15 games.
On paper the Fronts look like they will be much better with the one year OHL experience from 80% of the team. One year under Gill's sytems will also go a long way. Confidence and experience are going to be the key to the Fronts not only making the playoffs but being very competitive in the 2nd half of the season. The top end rookies will provide a lot of excitement and hopefully the fans will come out. When the K-Rock was loud the atmosphere was awesome. Go Fronts !!

OHLFan8771 05-20-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddz17 (Post 49917425)
Jenkins-Kujawinski-Morbeck
Alcock-Greenaway-Bennett
Cull-Lloyd-Watson
Dupuy-Smith-Nevins
Fitzmorris

Steele-Gudbranson
Moffat-McKeown
Hutchinson-Di Perna
Blight

Import
Wood/Richard

I'm hoping the Import Goalie will be Dansk or Vasilevski, but I doubt it

Im hoping for those two or Serebryakov for Erie as they have a big hole to fill in net. I would be happy with any one of them but I question the likelihood of them coming over to play.

chiller 05-23-2012 06:07 AM

Huge congrats to Todd Gill for getting the Head Coaching job for the U18 at the Hlinka.

BigBuck 05-24-2012 01:30 PM

Boston Hockey Blog ‏@BOShockeyblogBU and incoming recruit Rob Polesello have parted ways according to USHR.

Saw this and wondered if the Frotenacs still had his rights after drafting him a couple of years ago. He played in Indiana last year and could be an impact player for the Fronts, I think he might of played for Gill on the Canada East team in 2010 in Penticton,BC.

Johnsb 05-25-2012 05:43 AM

Alcock Greenaway Cull
Watson Smith Morbeck
Dupuy Lloyd Nevins
Fitzmorris
Mazurek

Steele Gudbranson
McKeown Import/Trade
Nixon

S Green?

bonefizzle 05-26-2012 02:43 PM

Top 4 from this years draft have all signed according to Darren Keilys twitter today.

BigBuck 05-30-2012 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Newhire (Post 50123137)
Alcock Greenaway Cull
Watson Smith Morbeck
Dupuy Lloyd Nevins
Fitzmorris
Mazurek

Steele Gudbranson
McKeown Import/Trade
Nixon

S Green?

These lines look pretty decent but I think you have to make room for Dogget,Polesello and I hope Marc Becstead has another shot at making the team.He had a good year last year in Tier 2 and surprised at camp last year. Smith,Loyd,Mazurek,Nevins,Dupuy,Green and Fitzmorris better be ready to go come training camp as they could be fighting for jobs.

MisterDB 05-30-2012 06:05 AM

I think we have enough up front talent that we don't require Polesello's services since it appears he has become available http://terrierhockey.blogspot.ca/ , maybe a trade asset. They do require a settling influence on D.

They will struggle this year, I think they were very lucky that Bobkov got in shape and played well this past year. He did not look good in London his first year. The Fronts require a goalie, no question, the big question is what will they pay for a high end one when every team in the OHL knows Kingston's goaltending woes.

The other thing is their specialty teams have to improve greatly especially the non existant powerplay of the past few years.

The good news is the players attitude has change on wanting to play here, what is being done with the franchise now is positive so signing these young players is no surprise for me since they have shown a desire to play here. A year or two ago it may have been different but I think there is one huge change the Fronts made and that is Gill being behind the bench, combine that with a new GM that allows Gill to do what he does sure helps too. The Fronts willl be under a lot more scruinty and pressure this year no question about it.

A very positive tweet from TJ Brown about a week ago

Tyler Brown‏@TBrown2091
Kingston is definitely one of the most under-rated cities to play in the OHL. If you have a chance to play there, take it.

JSavoire 05-31-2012 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=MisterDB;50299961]I think we have enough up front talent that we don't require Polesello's services since it appears he has become available http://terrierhockey.blogspot.ca/ , maybe a trade asset. They do require a settling influence on D.

They will struggle this year, I think they were very lucky that Bobkov got in shape and played well this past year. He did not look good in London his first year. The Fronts require a goalie, no question, the big question is what will they pay for a high end one when every team in the OHL knows Kingston's goaltending woes.

The other thing is their specialty teams have to improve greatly especially the non existant powerplay of the past few years.

The good news is the players attitude has change on wanting to play here, what is being done with the franchise now is positive so signing these young players is no surprise for me since they have shown a desire to play here. A year or two ago it may have been different but I think there is one huge change the Fronts made and that is Gill being behind the bench, combine that with a new GM that allows Gill to do what he does sure helps too. The Fronts willl be under a lot more scruinty and pressure this year no question about it.

>> This is a team that could seriously use the services of a skilled type guy in Polesello IMO. I think it would provide the proper boost and keep them going in the right direction.

BigBuck 05-31-2012 09:51 PM

I would have to agree, you don't just discard top end offensive talent because we should be ok. Polesello has more offensive upside than at least 6 guys on the team from last year.

stickhandle 05-31-2012 10:59 PM

in his draft year he may have been the most dynamic player in the draft. He controlled most games i saw him in. He wasnt very tall but he was strong, fast, very skilled and competed like a dog on a bone. i havent seen him since then but i asume he is still a very good player

MisterDB 06-01-2012 09:14 AM

The team did a complete rebuild last year with well over 20 transactions some multi player and draft pick deals. They currently have 8 1994's either on D or forward, plus 2 94 goalies they used (status doubtful to return). There are 4 very high draft picks signed and coming to camp, they will probably all stick, there will be players released that were picked up last year. The main requirement right now is in nets and a commitment to D to curtail the 290 ga.

For a 94 a to break into this line-up when other holes issues on this team need to be addressed unless they are a superstar will not likely happen. Attitude is one of the main requirements to play on this team, as mentioned above they got rid of a lot of negative attitude and off ice issues, Polesello has already rejected the Frontenacs once, it appears there may be more baggage too with. Me thinks that's enough. Besides no-where does anything say he wants to come to Kingston or the OHL. I still think his true value would be a trade asset if he wishes to come to the OHL.

Garyboy 06-01-2012 04:17 PM

Polesello is the game-breaker the Fronts need. They would be wise to try and get him to commit to Kingston.

JSavoire 06-01-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterDB (Post 50386527)
The team did a complete rebuild last year with well over 20 transactions some multi player and draft pick deals. They currently have 8 1994's either on D or forward, plus 2 94 goalies they used (status doubtful to return). There are 4 very high draft picks signed and coming to camp, they will probably all stick, there will be players released that were picked up last year. The main requirement right now is in nets and a commitment to D to curtail the 290 ga.

For a 94 a to break into this line-up when other holes issues on this team need to be addressed unless they are a superstar will not likely happen. Attitude is one of the main requirements to play on this team, as mentioned above they got rid of a lot of negative attitude and off ice issues, Polesello has already rejected the Frontenacs once, it appears there may be more baggage too with. Me thinks that's enough. Besides no-where does anything say he wants to come to Kingston or the OHL. I still think his true value would be a trade asset if he wishes to come to the OHL.

Going into last season Kingston was a complete mess so why would Polesello commit and leave NCAA for that? Now with things coming on the rails real fast and an excellent Coaching job done so far by Todd Gill it's a completely different club. It will start to attract more quality kids and people will want to be drafted and/or traded to Kingston. When the house is in disorder it makes assembling a team that much harder. I think Kingston is well on their way to yet another improving season.

JSavoire 06-01-2012 07:29 PM

Ok, the Polesello talk can now end since he's apparently committed to U of Vermont for this upcoming fall. Oh well, it would've been nice to since him bolster Kingston.

BigBuck 06-11-2012 04:22 PM

Kingston traded Alex Gudbranson today for some draft picks. Do they trade some of those picks to pick up a goalie ? Makes them very young on the back end now what do they do with their import pick ?