HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Speculation: UFAs / Roster Changes / Trades / Qualifying Offers 2012? [VI] (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1165723)

Vipers31 04-14-2012 10:41 PM

UFAs / Roster Changes / Trades / Qualifying Offers 2012? [VI]

Old one hit 1,000 - continue here.

DuckshaveaRPG 04-15-2012 09:43 AM

is it just me having a knee jerk reaction to the last few playoff games but i think we do need to move some of the lesser prospects or just move the junk we can and get some bottom 6 toughness

Elvs 04-15-2012 10:44 AM

Some info on Jim Slater, who I've been pushing for lately. For those of you not too familiar with him.

This season:
78 Games played
13 Goals
8 Assists
21 Points
163 hits (36th among forwards)
73 blocked shots (11th among forwards)

Faceoff-percentage history:
11/12: 54.4%
10/11: 61.5%
09/10: 58.9%
08/09: 53.0%
07/08: 52.0%
06/07: 54.4%
05/06: 56.4%

Summary:
Brings grit, speed/mobility and face off powerness. Useful on the PK and has a pretty good release for an energy/checking forward. Consistent 10+ goal and 20+ point forward. Plays the left wing too.

Isn't a flashy name so I don't expect him to get much this summer. Guessing between $1.5-$2 mil. Should only hit the market if the Jets can't agree with him on a new contract though. Maybe trade for his rights if they can't come to terms?

http://forecaster.canada.com/faceoff...layer.cgi?2870

Quote:

ASSETS: Has great speed, which he uses effectively on the forecheck (and backcheck). Also displays grit, a defensive conscience and a little offensive ability. Kills penalties and checks skilled forwards very well. Can even get under an opponent's skin.

FLAWS: Needs to show more consistency in the offensive zone. Tends to play out of control on occasion. Lacks discipline on some nights. His all-out hustling style can lead to injuries, so he'd be wise to scale it back a little from time to time.

CAREER POTENTIAL: Speedy checking forward with great energy.

ninetynine* 04-16-2012 08:19 PM

Gonna miss Parros, 1 MORE YEAR!!

Gliff 04-16-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninetynine (Post 48192989)
Gonna miss Parros, 1 MORE YEAR!!

Please no.

Dirk316 04-16-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gliff (Post 48204419)
Please no.

yeah lets get Andrew Gordon and Jorgon Jonson for the 4th line!

Ducks DVM 04-16-2012 10:55 PM

I'm actually hoping they give JFJ another chance. Has some skills and certainly has the edge Parros lacks. If he can just keep the stupid stuff out......

justheducks 04-16-2012 11:10 PM

Parros was non-existent after the injury.
Time to move on. I'll take Big Z or McGratton over Parros

DekeLikeYouMeanIt 04-16-2012 11:41 PM

Do you guys think Koivu will re-sign if Selanne does?

Duck Off 04-16-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habsolument90 (Post 48217845)
Do you guys think Koivu will re-sign if Selanne does?

Koivu said he wanted to come back regardless. My hope is that he is brought back in addition to Teemu and a 2nd line center, but either way, I think it's pretty much a given he comes back.

mightyquack 04-17-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducks DVM (Post 48213503)
I'm actually hoping they give JFJ another chance. Has some skills and certainly has the edge Parros lacks. If he can just keep the stupid stuff out......

I was surprised how much hate JFJ got around here, sure he went over the top at times, but he actually did stand up for team-mates and make people respond for their actions.

Much prefer him to Parros.

Exit Dose 04-17-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

EDMONTON JOURNAL: Jim Matheson recently claimed the Ducks plan to move Koivu to their third line, putting them in the market for a second line center. Matheson wondered if the Ducks might have interest in Oilers center Sam Gagner.

SPECTOR’S NOTE: Remains to be seen if the Ducks, or anyone else, are interested in Gagner, or if he’s even available. It’s more interesting that Matheson claims the Ducks want to move Koivu to their third line, as that would indicate their intention is to bring Koivu back next season.
From Spector's Hockey.

Unholy 04-17-2012 09:52 AM

Not surprised. Koivu would be a great fit as a third liner. As for who fills the spot on the second line? Don't even know where to begin right now.

Doothpick 04-17-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvstrand (Post 48043965)
Some info on Jim Slater, who I've been pushing for lately.

I would love to have a guy like Slater in this teams bottom six. My only qualm about him is his lack of playoff experience. That obviously isn't his fault being stuck in those Thrashers teams, but when you bring in veterans guys (especially those who fall out of the top6) you'd like for them to have some kind of earlier success/playoff experience. Guys who've been there and have seen what it takes to win are really underrated IMO.

That said, Slater is definitely someone I wouldn't mind Murray going after if he does indeed make it to the free agency. Apparently Winnipeg fans are really high on him for re-signing with them, and I got to think their GM whats-his-name also wants to bring Slater back.

airforceones25 04-17-2012 11:13 AM

Kesler's name seems to be popping up everywhere from Vancouver fans... In a few of the proposals I mentioned

Ryan Kesler

for

6th overall + Kyle Palmieri + 3rd/4th

It seems as if most Canucks fans seem to like the trade... As fellow Ducks fans would you do it?

DSP - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Kesler - Selanne
Cogs - Koivu - Etem

Obviously the top 3 could be jumbled around... I just feel Kesler and Ryan would be an awesome pairing for the 2nd line. I'm not so much worried about Kesler's offense and it would be welcomed to have a true selke caliber player on this squad.

Chistov23 04-17-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirk316 (Post 48211403)
yeah lets get Andrew Gordon and Jorgon Jonson for the 4th line!

funny thing is, Gordon actually through a few solid hits this year. Parros had maybe 2. Maybe.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justheducks

He has almost always been non-existent. Parros has never been apart of why we were a tough team to play against.

mightyquack 04-17-2012 12:15 PM

Really don't want Gagner

Lord Flashheart 04-17-2012 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airforceones25 (Post 48236879)
Kesler's name seems to be popping up everywhere from Vancouver fans... In a few of the proposals I mentioned

Ryan Kesler

for

It seems as if most Canucks fans seem to like the trade... As fellow Ducks fans would you do it?

DSP - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Kesler - Selanne
Cogs - Koivu - Etem

Obviously the top 3 could be jumbled around... I just feel Kesler and Ryan would be an awesome pairing for the 2nd line. I'm not so much worried about Kesler's offense and it would be welcomed to have a true selke caliber player on this squad.

That's not realistic. Canucks aren't going from Sedin, Kesler and Hodgson to only Sedin in one season.

Really can't see them trading Kesler...

And PLEASE no Gagner. Pretty please, with cherry on top.

Fallenity 04-17-2012 01:21 PM

While I'm a bit away from my comfort-zone here knowledge-wise, Gagner does seem like a player who'd benefit from a change of scenery. Of course not our first option nor the best, but if had for "cheap", might be possible. Although his 8 point night has probably inflated his price a bit...

Concerning Kesler, don't see it happening.

mightyquack 04-17-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fallenity (Post 48243581)
While I'm a bit away from my comfort-zone here knowledge-wise, Gagner does seem like a player who'd benefit from a change of scenery. Of course not our first option nor the best, but if had for "cheap", might be possible. Although his 8 point night has probably inflated his price a bit...

Concerning Kesler, don't see it happening.

Too small

quentez 04-17-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airforceones25 (Post 48236879)

Ryan Kesler

for

I would do this trade 100 out of 100 times. But I can't really see Canucks doing it....its a potential robbery.

gradeAducksfan 04-17-2012 01:38 PM

Kesler would be great on this team. Don't see that happening!

Ducks still need a big Dman.. Been lacking for years now and it's been showing.

ninetynine* 04-17-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justheducks (Post 48214915)
Time to move on. I'll take Big Z or McGratton over Parros

What about both?

ninetynine* 04-17-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gradeAducksfan (Post 48244651)
Kesler would be great on this team. Don't see that happening!

Ducks still need a big Dman.. Been lacking for years now and it's been showing.

If you gave Vancouver the right players back, they might bite, since they're about to be swept and Kesler's been awful.

5minsforfighting 04-17-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chistov23 (Post 48237007)
He has almost always been non-existent. Parros has never been apart of why we were a tough team to play against.

What are you smoking?
This wasnt Parros best season by any means, but to make statement like that is brutal. I wont spend my time explaining Parros role to guy who has "Chistov" in his username.