HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Marlies GDT: Playoffs Thread| Marlies sweep Rochester 3-0! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1167241)

mikebel111 04-15-2012 09:53 PM

Playoffs Thread| Marlies sweep Rochester 3-0!
 
here is the schedule

game 1 on thursday april 19 [home game] 7:00pm ET

game 2 on saturday april 21st [home game] 3:00pm ET

game 3 on monday april 23rd [away game] 7:05pm ET

game 4 on wednesday april 25th [away game] 7:05pm ET [if needed]

game 5 on saturday april 28th [home game] 3:00pm ET [if needed]

this thread is maybe a bit early but oh well.

will update lines on game day.

All games you can listen on am640, idk about tv yet
ps. this will be only thread for games. meaning 5 or less GDT's in 1 thread

Gardiner 04-15-2012 09:56 PM

Dallas Eakins ‏ @dallaseakins
Congrats to Ben Scrivens. Number 1 Goals Against Average in the AHL. #impressive

Ari91 04-15-2012 10:00 PM

Will Leafs TV at least have these games aired? I expect that they'll have the home games aired on Leafs TV but what about the away games? I'd prefer not to see an away playoff game that has the quality of a handheld camcorder.

mikebel111 04-15-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 (Post 48122773)
Will Leafs TV at least have these games aired? I expect that they'll have the home games aired on Leafs TV but what about the away games? I'd prefer not to see an away playoff game that has the quality of a handheld camcorder.



thats why i said im not sure about tv yet. but likely home are on leafs tv and away on rogers tv

mikebel111 04-15-2012 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gardiner (Post 48122367)
Dallas Eakins ‏ @dallaseakins
Congrats to Ben Scrivens. Number 1 Goals Against Average in the AHL. #impressive



congrats, he won the award for best goalie

Toasty95 04-15-2012 10:07 PM

Why are first rounds in the AHL only 5 games?

mikebel111 04-15-2012 10:07 PM

the line u could see is the frattin-colborne-ashton line

mikebel111 04-15-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Biggs (Post 48123431)
Why are first rounds in the AHL only 5 games?



i have no idea, oh well

Shimso 04-15-2012 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler Biggs (Post 48123431)
Why are first rounds in the AHL only 5 games?

More over, why is it home-home-away-away-away; just to save travel time/costs?

showtime8 04-15-2012 10:11 PM

What's the line-up going to look like for opening night?

Is it going to be similar to what they dressed today?

mikebel111 04-15-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimso (Post 48123681)
More over, why is it home-home-away-away-away; just to save travel time/costs?



my bad actually last game is home, marlies get home ice advantage

kilgro 04-15-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showtime8 (Post 48123769)
What's the line-up going to look like for opening night?

Is it going to be similar to what they dressed today?

up front probably something like

Kadri - Zigomanis - Hamilton
Ashton - Colborne - Frattin
Deschamps - Dupuis - Mueller
Scott - Acton - D'Amigo

mikebel111 04-15-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showtime8 (Post 48123769)
What's the line-up going to look like for opening night?

Is it going to be similar to what they dressed today?



IMO, i doubt percy will play though he was great today, abbot i don't think will play either, scrivens to start. they might inject orr in lineup but once again i doubt it

mikebel111 04-15-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kilgro (Post 48123943)
up front probably something like

Kadri - Zigomanis - Hamilton
Ashton - Colborne - Frattin
Deschamps - Dupuis - Mueller
Scott - Acton - D'Amigo



probably ur dead on

mikebel111 04-15-2012 10:19 PM

on another note. marlies were 7 and 3 against rochester this season. so u have to say we have the advantage

Mansfield 04-15-2012 10:20 PM

Leafs tv had better carry it, not like they have anything else of substance to show

mikebel111 04-15-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mansfield (Post 48124609)
Leafs tv had better carry it, not like they have anything else of substance to show



wrong, they have to show that leafs will win cup next year

joking aside, i agree

John-Eric Iannicello 04-15-2012 10:29 PM

This is not going to be a walk in the park. Rochester has given the Marlies issues all season. They've played them 10 times, every game has been won by one goal I'm pretty sure. I know the Marlies won most of the games against them however.

The key in the series may be the goaltending. If Leggio starts, which seems to be the case, he's an extreme hothead. Every game I saw him vs. the Marlies he would lose his temper or start yapping. Getting under his skin would give the Marlies the advantage.

Bologna 1 04-15-2012 10:30 PM

what are the chances that we see colton orr in this series?

John-Eric Iannicello 04-15-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirheadPete (Post 48125427)
what are the chances that we see colton orr in this series?

You won't. He wasn't on the clear day roster. Jay Rosehill was however.

mikebel111 04-15-2012 10:34 PM

sorry orr not on clearday. so maybe just rosehill

Auzzie19 04-15-2012 10:41 PM

Defence pairings anyone?

Holzer-Gysbers
Mikus-Gardner
Frasor-Blacker
Engle

Scrivens
Rynas

mikebel111 04-15-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auzzie19 (Post 48126499)
Defence pairings anyone?

Holzer-Gysbers
Mikus-Gardner
Frasor-Blacker
Engle

Scrivens
Rynas



idk if blacker is ready to return though

Dangles McGavin 04-15-2012 11:06 PM

SO PUMPED. Hopefully I'll be at game one!

John-Eric Iannicello 04-15-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auzzie19 (Post 48126499)
Defence pairings anyone?

Holzer-Gysbers
Mikus-Gardner
Frasor-Blacker
Engle

Scrivens
Rynas

Mikus and Gysbers have been playing together recently so that's likely a pairing.

My guess:

Jake Gardiner - Korbinian Holzer
Jesse Blacker - Matt Fraser
Juraj Mikus - Simon Gysbers

If Blacker can't go, most likely Engel taking his spot with the outside chance that Percy gets a chance there.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.