HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Flyers Fantasy Football week 13 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=116800)

IronMarshal 12-05-2004 11:56 AM

Flyers Fantasy Football week 13

The King and I!
Round 2
I won the first and plan to do so again despite the Priest's injury.

The league as it stands:
D Day (icecubecream - or whatever) is alone in first with his juggernaut 10-2 team. One of those losses I might add is to me.
I am second, in the wake of a 7 game winning streak, I am now 9-3 and along with DDay have clinched a playoff spot.
Next is my nemesis KingJDV. 8-4 soon to be 8-5.
4th and holding onto the final playoff spot with two games to go is Mongoose (wilkie10) at 7-5.
Tied for 5th are Teezax (under the moniker R43VNS) and Cuiffitelli at 6-6 and fighting for their playoff lives.
Tied for 7th are Eagles (nhlyounggun11) and Teamsters (sidetrad) at 5-7.
8th is Onespeed's Onespeeds remarkably third in scoring behind DDay and myself, at 4-8.
Last and having quit on us is our old pal Brad under the moniker Dover Dolts, at 0-12, and not even bothering to replace injured players or submit a new lineup. Thanks for the effort Brad. It would have been nice if you tried to be a spoiler at least.

Other games this week, Mongoose verses Onespeed, DDay verses Brad's Dover Dolts in a walkover, Eagles vs. Teamsters and Cuiffitelli verses R4V3NS.

kingjdv 12-05-2004 07:57 PM

Ya know!

I waited a long time to get my revenge on IM. After whooping his but in our first encounter last year I proceeded to lose the rematch, lose the playoff game AND lose the grudge match handily. Then, I dropped our first meeting this year.

Now, after some retooling in the early part of the season, I have a solid lineup from top to bottom and was anticipating a big win.

I watched with excitement as Mike Vick stunk up the joint in a shutout loss vs Tampa. McGahee was quiet. Arizona was giving up points and the Ravens had already scored a defensive TD and was holding the Bengals to 3 pts. Then it all went to pot.

The Ravens gave up 3 tds in a quarter and a half. My receivers went belly up and then there was the Packers. :thumbd: Farve sailed a sinking ship and took Ahman with him. So my big win has turned into a 62-53 nail-biter with each of us having a RB in the Monday Night game (Alexander for me, J.Jones for IM).

I was expecting a close but high-scoring affair and to see us both in the 50-60's is a little deflatting. I'm really not sure I'll be able to gloat at all after I complete my victory tommorow night and move into 2nd place.

But I'll certainly try... :D

ALL HAIL THE KING!!! :bow:

IronMarshal 12-06-2004 04:35 AM

Yeah,
It was a bit of a let down, but with the playoffs clinched........I'd rather have a stinker now rather than then.

kingjdv 12-06-2004 12:59 PM

BTW, IM

Do you see our buddy Onespeed anywhere in the standings. I can't seem to find him. Hmmmm lets see...I see D-day, you, me, Mongoose (keeping playing McNair numnuts), Cuiff, Ravens, Teamsters.......AHHHHH!!! There he is!!!! Just above the 0 and 12 defending champ.

HEY ONESPEED!!! HOWS THE WEATHER DOWN THERE! :razz:

ALL HAIL THE KING!!! :bow:

Teezax 12-07-2004 11:17 AM

the injuries to Moss, Glenn, Staley are killing me.
I was on a role, but it might be too little too late for me now.