HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   My Girouxsalem Design (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1168021)

John Wayne Gretzky 04-16-2012 11:35 AM

My Girouxsalem Design
 
Last year sometime I created a T-Shirt / Logo and The NHLPA shut my site down. A year later someone has taken my design and its been all over the internet and I am getting pissed because I am getting no credit.

My T Shirt Design
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...77080581_n.jpg

The resued Design
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...73139889_n.jpg

I just want credit and recognition, thats all. If someone starts to profit off of it I'll be pretty pissed. Regardless I just wanted to get some feedback to see if anyone else has seen it around on the web.

Jules801 04-16-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky (Post 48162695)
Last year sometime I created a T-Shirt / Logo and The NHLPA shut my site down. A year later someone has taken my design and its been all over the internet and I am getting pissed because I am getting no credit.

My T Shirt Design
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...77080581_n.jpg

The resued Design
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-...73139889_n.jpg

I just want credit and recognition, thats all. If someone starts to profit off of it I'll be pretty pissed. Regardless I just wanted to get some feedback to see if anyone else has seen it around on the web.

I bought one of your original shirts. I actually emailed you (from the email address I had in my paypal log) because I wanted a few more. That sucks you got shut down and sucks even more people are stealing it.

If you ever sell them again, PM me. I have about 4 on order.

orangecrush8 04-16-2012 11:53 AM

Funny, I'm currently wearing the Girouxsalem shirt I bought off you.

Glad I was able to purchase one before you got taken down by the man.

I havent seen it anywhere, but that totally blows your idea is getting taken by others. Have you tried to get in touch with any of the people selling the new design?

JohnnyOnTheSpot 04-16-2012 11:55 AM

No one's selling it yet that I know of, I just know a bunch of people are recycling it for their own promotions. Hell, I was the first to notify my pal here of the abuse.

John Wayne Gretzky 04-16-2012 11:56 AM

Im gonna do an order, Im just trying to get at least 20 people interested. Let me know if you want them and what size. mbutterlinegd@yahoo.com

John Wayne Gretzky 04-16-2012 12:26 PM

darren rovell ‏ @darrenrovell
Reply
Retweet
Favorite
Open
T-Shirt Of The Day from @SlimQuinn http://twitpic.com/9aamkb


Go on twitter and just search "girouxsalem" you will find many photo posts.

http://www.facebook.com/wired965philly

Look at how many likes my design got in a day.

Its absurd. I just want either $ or recognition lol.

John Wayne Gretzky 04-16-2012 12:27 PM

And thanks Johnyton. Give me some legal advice haha.

s3x 04-16-2012 12:28 PM

I saw someone at a home game earlier this year with 'GIROUXSALEM' on the back of their jersey. But no t-shirt design or anything.

JohnnyOnTheSpot 04-16-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky (Post 48165921)
And thanks Johnyton. Give me some legal advice haha.

Well here's the dilly. When you buy something, you're allowed to re-sell it, wear it, stuff like that. You're not allowed to edit it without permission (I think), and definitely can't re-sell it. But the problem is, I'm not sure you have legal rights to the image since the NHLPA challenged it. I know they specifically mentioned selling the shirts, but they claimed ownership over all likenesses yada yada yada. So legally I'm pretty sure you're screwed.

John Wayne Gretzky 04-16-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyOnTheSpot (Post 48166345)
Well here's the dilly. When you buy something, you're allowed to re-sell it, wear it, stuff like that. You're not allowed to edit it without permission (I think), and definitely can't re-sell it. But the problem is, I'm not sure you have legal rights to the image since the NHLPA challenged it. I know they specifically mentioned selling the shirts, but they claimed ownership over all likenesses yada yada yada. So legally I'm pretty sure you're screwed.

They specified the Carter, Lapperierre and Boogaard shirts because I used their facial likeness. As far as I understand I didn't break any laws with this shirt and regardless the design is mine under intellectual property laws the moment I sketched the design. I have all post dated computer files and original sketches as proof.

JohnnyOnTheSpot 04-16-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky (Post 48166991)
They specified the Carter, Lapperierre and Boogaard shirts because I used their facial likeness. As far as I understand I didn't break any laws with this shirt and regardless the design is mine under intellectual property laws the moment I sketched the design. I have all post dated computer files and original sketches as proof.

You're missing the point. I read the letter, they claimed all likenesses, names, even nicknames you create. I'm not saying their theory isn't BS, I'm saying that under IP laws, you can't defend an image you created you're not allowed to create.

Cyborg LeClair 04-16-2012 03:40 PM

I saw someone post the second picture on facebook and i really liked it, even saved it to my hard drive. Shame you got shut down

Jules801 04-16-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky (Post 48163991)
Im gonna do an order, Im just trying to get at least 20 people interested. Let me know if you want them and what size. mbutterlinegd@yahoo.com

Are you doing the original design or the playoff one? (I actually like the original one better)

John Wayne Gretzky 04-16-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jules801 (Post 48178929)
Are you doing the original design or the playoff one? (I actually like the original one better)

The original. The other one is just an example of what people have been posting.

JohnnyOnTheSpot 04-16-2012 04:09 PM

Mark if you don't like my advice feel free to speak with another lawyer lol, I should have told you to get represented by counsel anyway! :laugh:

Mosetter27 04-16-2012 04:41 PM

dude everyone always asks where I got that shirt mark. even ask johnny at C&P when we were there some dude asked where I got it...

also johnny why isnt your awesome avatar not working!

GKJ 04-16-2012 07:21 PM

I saw a poster of this at the game yesterday. I figured it was the same thing.

John Wayne Gretzky 04-16-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GKJ (Post 48193145)
I saw a poster of this at the game yesterday. I figured it was the same thing.

Yea it was just someone using my work again.

thephillyflu 04-16-2012 11:59 PM

I wouldn't mind sticking it to the man and buying one. You can sell underground via mail, can't you? It's not like the police will bother for selling 25 t-shirts using a picture of Giroux as motif. It's not illegal to take a picture of him at a game with your camera. And that picture itself you can do what you want with, YOU're the copyright owner of that picture - make a sketch of it and put it on a shirt, put the original on a shirt, you name it. Sure NHLPA might try to shut you down but if it went to a court you'd win, 99 % barring you having a useless lawyer or they having OJ's lawyer.

What you can't do is use the NHL logo, flyers logo and stuff like that. That trial you'd lose.

TyrannoMeszarosRex 04-17-2012 03:12 AM

Woah man, I've seen those all over facebook. I redesigned as a facebook cover but I didn't know who to give credit for, but I did state the design wasn't in anyway mine or anything. I'll keep a look around for anyone trying to sell them or something.

John Wayne Gretzky 04-17-2012 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacJagr (Post 48228853)
Woah man, I've seen those all over facebook. I redesigned as a facebook cover but I didn't know who to give credit for, but I did state the design wasn't in anyway mine or anything. I'll keep a look around for anyone trying to sell them or something.

Do me a favor sir, Post this on your wall

http://www.facebook.com/events/281921615224723/

Then add me and share the post about purchasing the shirt.

http://www.facebook.com/mbutterline

It should be a few down on the right side of my timeline. Thanks man.

TyrannoMeszarosRex 04-17-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Wayne Gretzky (Post 48230341)
Do me a favor sir, Post this on your wall

http://www.facebook.com/events/281921615224723/

Then add me and share the post about purchasing the shirt.

http://www.facebook.com/mbutterline

It should be a few down on the right side of my timeline. Thanks man.

I've got two pages that I run, I will post the event on both. And I don't understand the second part? I mean the add and share (Sorry slow day)

John Wayne Gretzky 04-17-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MacJagr (Post 48231987)
I've got two pages that I run, I will post the event on both. And I don't understand the second part? I mean the add and share (Sorry slow day)

I meant add me as your friend and then go on my page and share my post regarding the shirts, if you can of course.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:13 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.