HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Pittsburgh Penguins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Am I The Only One??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1168345)

HeadShot 04-16-2012 04:59 PM

Am I The Only One???

I never thought the day would come where I was embarrassed to be a fan of my favorite team. i made it through the rough years pre Malkin/Sid but i was never embarrassed to be a fan. after yesterdays game has fully set i find myself pissed at this team far less for the losses and much more for the coward-baby like on ice activity.:shakehead

Letang - acts like a baby and flops all over when hes touched its just sick along with his sucky play its that much worse
Malkin - maybe someone should tell him its playoff time
Cooke - maybe its time to stop being new found goal scorer and get back to having a pair instead of picking fights with matt carle. just wow on that one. my daughter is 2 and can drop carle
Neal - so much talent and has actually performed well then pulls 2 cheapshots as blatant as can be then is challenged by simmonds and the look on his face shouted "scared" hey james, if your gonna play like that you better at least drop your gloves when the other team takes notice instead of backpeddle back to the bench with poop in your jock
MAF - your defense isnt helping you any but im baffled by your play so much that i cant believe its the same goalie ive been watching over the years
Sid - best player on the planet which is obvious, cheapshot artist, crybaby, mentally fragile and obviously this team has found a way to get into this guys head and im sure other teams are making a mental note. if he keeps his antics up hes gonna be back on the LTIR because he must of forgot as of late, he is a jello head and jello heads dont last long in this league if they pull the crap he pulled yesterday

all in all i hate how my team is now perceived by the fanbase of the nhl and they have every right. i find myself unable to stand up for this teams antics right now.

anyone else???

eXile59 04-16-2012 05:02 PM

Yes you are the only one Mr.11 posts. Don't be afraid to make your own forum where you can talk with yourself about how embarrassed you are to be a Pens fan.

Pancakes 04-16-2012 05:02 PM

I hate the way they have played and some of their actions have been embarrassing to me (Neal's), but I couldn't care less what other fanbases think of the Pens.

They will always hate the Pens due to jealousy and the Pens stars being guys who play very much on edge. You're wasting your energy if you worry about what other people think of the team. That won't ever change. Stop trying to defend them and just accept the hate.

Saku11 04-16-2012 05:03 PM

Flyers are winning right now. Theres no need for their fans like you to come put salt in our wounds, :shakehead

Sty1877 04-16-2012 05:03 PM

I believe you're looking for the Flyer's forum . It's that way -->

I won't be sad to see you gone.

Jag68Sid87 04-16-2012 05:05 PM

People care WAY too much about how others perceive their favorite teams.

KaylaJ 04-16-2012 05:07 PM

I'd take your post more seriously if a quick look through your history didn't show you're a Flyers fan.

Hear Me Now 04-16-2012 05:08 PM

I loved every second of it, I'm more embarrassed at our fanbase saying how sorry they are and wishing to be acceptd by other teams fanbases. No other fanbase will ever respect this franchise, so **** them anyway. This team needed a game where it can lose control, now I hope they get their composure back and win some games! And the bandwagon fans can get the **** out.

Sivek 04-16-2012 05:09 PM

Yeah, I'm going quit being a fan because things got chippy during a blowout playoff series. ;)

Eli Cash 04-16-2012 05:14 PM

It's a hockey team. I tend to not let it affect my actual life. Like, you know, I have actual things to worry about. If they suck, they suck. They're millionaires, I'm not embarrassed for them, and I'm not embarrassed to be a fan of them.

As for how other fanbases perceive us...have you ever listened to how most hockey fans talk in real life? Many aren't very intelligent, and stoop to name-calling. I'd imagine many of those frequent message boards as well. On the grand scale, their opinions mean less than nothing to me.

sexyllama 04-16-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pseudomonas (Post 48183099)
It's a hockey team. I tend to not let it affect my actual life. Like, you know, I have actual things to worry about. If they suck, they suck. They're millionaires, I'm not embarrassed for them, and I'm not embarrassed to be a fan of them.

As for how other fanbases perceive us...have you ever listened to how most hockey fans talk in real life? Many aren't very intelligent, and stoop to name-calling. I'd imagine many of those frequent message boards as well. On the grand scale, their opinions mean less than nothing to me.

Truth... Win or Lose, I don't get their million dollar paycheck!

Ugene Malkin 04-16-2012 05:16 PM

You all act like the Penguins never did this stuff before.

They were upset they were losing. Get over it.

Crafton 04-16-2012 05:16 PM

good thing there are 29 other teams you could root for.

Terrapin 04-16-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hear Me Now (Post 48182795)
I loved every second of it, I'm more embarrassed at our fanbase saying how sorry they are and wishing to be acceptd by other teams fanbases. No other fanbase will ever respect this franchise, so **** them anyway. This team needed a game where it can lose control, now I hope they get their composure back and win some games! And the bandwagon fans can get the **** out.

The only way that game could have been any better is if we would have somehow pulled out a win. None of our players did anything that every other team in the league does all the time, throughout NHL history. I'm tired of these politically correct 'fans' apologizing for a few fights and questionable hits. How ****ing arrogant are you people, to think you have a right or a duty to apologize for something you are in now way involved in? lol.

Captain Hook 04-16-2012 05:24 PM

I don't get embarrassed by what Neal, Letang, Crosby etc. do. It's a tough, emotional game. **** happens. No one even got seriously hurt.

HeadShot 04-16-2012 05:26 PM

I am sharing this account with my roomate who is in fact a flyers fan. im sure he wont be happy i posted in this forum but hey, i had to take a losers walk of shame around the block with just a jock strap yesterday based on a friendly bet. so yes i am a little embarrassed cuz after every game im walking more and more and losing more and more clothing. by wednesday ill be broke naked and almost famous:yo:

zhenyas most fly rep 04-16-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pancakes (Post 48182475)
I hate the way they have played and some of their actions have been embarrassing to me (Neal's), but I couldn't care less what other fanbases think of the Pens.

They will always hate the Pens due to jealousy and the Pens stars being guys who play very much on edge. You're wasting your energy if you worry about what other people think of the team. That won't ever change. Stop trying to defend them and just accept the hate.

Exactly, only atrocious teams with no future (Isles are pretty good example) get the support from other fanbases or pity you. Maybe you should become an Isles fan?

eXile59 04-16-2012 05:27 PM

Maybe you should root for Edmonton. They play nice clean game.

Shrimper 04-16-2012 05:29 PM

Closed. This will go nowhere despite the fact that it may be kept civil. I'm taking no chances with it being play-off time.