HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   HFNHL Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Ryan Murray approach to go to World men Championship in Finland? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1168445)

Fooladelfia 04-16-2012 07:31 PM

Ryan Murray approach to go to World men Championship in Finland?

http://futureconsiderations.ca/hocke...ay-for-worlds/
WOW!!!

JMac13 04-16-2012 08:25 PM

Pretty sure there was a tweet by Darren Dreger saying that he WILL be invited and at the least get some exhibition games. could do wonders for his draft stock if he shows he can play against men...might even convince the NYI to take him first overall ;)

Fooladelfia 04-16-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMac13 (Post 48193575)
Pretty sure there was a tweet by Darren Dreger saying that he WILL be invited and at the least get some exhibition games. could do wonders for his draft stock if he shows he can play against men...might even convince the NYI to take him first overall ;)

No Hasnain love russians he has a love story with them and it will continue (Zherdev-Radulov-Cherepanov-Filatov).....

kasper11 04-16-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMac13 (Post 48193575)

Maybe I'm just cynical, but I wonder if the fact that it is likely no Canadian will go top-3 factors into this? Maybe a push by Hockey Canada to make sure a Canadian is drafted early?

JMac13 04-16-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kasper11 (Post 48202803)
Maybe I'm just cynical, but I wonder if the fact that it is likely no Canadian will go top-3 factors into this? Maybe a push by Hockey Canada to make sure a Canadian is drafted early?

Ya there is also speculation that because Kevin Lowe is gm of the Canada team he is doing it as a favour to the Oilers to get them another look at Murray before they make their decision on who to choose #1.

Either way there is definitely some sort of politics going on - you're telling me you couldn't find a single NHL defenseman better than Murray right now that would go???

JMac13 04-16-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flyershfnhl (Post 48200249)
No Hasnain love russians he has a love story with them and it will continue (Zherdev-Radulov-Cherepanov-Filatov).....

And he may have a love affair with Russians but he put me in charge of the draft this year and I don't necessarily have that bias ;)

RedWingsLegacy 04-16-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMac13 (Post 48206859)
Ya there is also speculation that because Kevin Lowe is gm of the Canada team he is doing it as a favour to the Oilers to get them another look at Murray before they make their decision on who to choose #1.

Either way there is definitely some sort of politics going on - you're telling me you couldn't find a single NHL defenseman better than Murray right now that would go???

When they have to take Schenn and Phanuef on there D sonething tells me no ;)

RedWingsLegacy 04-16-2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMac13 (Post 48207161)
And he may have a love affair with Russians but he put me in charge of the draft this year and I don't necessarily have that bias ;)

Ya but with Aulie Myers and company i dont see you adding another D man to the group

JMac13 04-17-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasGM (Post 48208909)
When they have to take Schenn and Phanuef on there D sonething tells me no ;)

Hahaha true, I guess they figured Murray couldn't possibly be worse than them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DallasGM (Post 48210079)
Ya but with Aulie Myers and company i dont see you adding another D man to the group

And you never know, our list isn't finalized yet ;)