HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Leafs Line-up When The Nhl Returns!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=116870)

tuckerdomi 12-05-2004 09:17 PM

Leafs Line-up When The Nhl Returns!!

Roberts Sundin Mogilny
Tucker Nieuwendyk Nolan
Stajan Antropov Domi
Belak Wellwood Perrot

Leetch Mccabe
Klee Kaberle
Berg Pilar
Berehowsky(7th)

Belfour- Tellqvist

TML 12-05-2004 09:31 PM

Where's Colaiacovo?

Mogilny is still recovering from surgery... he'll be out for at least another 2-3 months.

BTW... Ponikarovsky is still a RFA and Berehowsky is gone.

Also, there are still PLENTY of UFA's out there, I'm sure JFJ would be interested in one of Lindros/Murray/Kovalev/Kariya and possibly a defenceman.

GoM 12-05-2004 09:33 PM

I also doubt they bring up Wellwood yet, as good as he's been

Mess 12-05-2004 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tuckerdomi
Roberts Sundin Mogilny
Tucker Nieuwendyk Nolan
Stajan Antropov Domi
Belak Wellwood Perrot

Leetch Mccabe
Klee Kaberle
Berg Pilar
Berehowsky(7th)

Belfour- Tellqvist

Berehowsky(7th) ????..... That is the worst spelling of Carlo Colaiacovo I have ever seen in my Life :D

And Welly will not be on the team this year .. Let the kid play in the AHL .. its good for his development..

BuppY 12-05-2004 10:00 PM

Quote:

Roberts Sundin Mogilny
Tucker Nieuwendyk Nolan
Stajan Antropov Domi
Belak Wellwood Perrot

Leetch Mccabe
Klee Kaberle
Berg Pilar
Berehowsky(7th)

Belfour- Tellqvist

I don't see Wellwood playing on the 4th line. I think Wilm would be on the team before Perrott. :D

Joey24 12-05-2004 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Messenger
Berehowsky(7th) ????..... That is the worst spelling of Carlo Colaiacovo I have ever seen in my Life :D

And Welly will not be on the team this year .. Let the kid play in the AHL .. its good for his development..

Give the guy a break I can't spell for crap either. :mad: :banghead: :dunce:

Dark Phoenix 12-06-2004 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuppY
I don't see Wellwood playing on the 4th line.

I wouldn't say that. I could see Wellwood on the 4th line...if the Leafs do it to see if practicing with the big team (notably Roberts and Nieuwendyk) improves his overall game. Otherwise, no.

tuckerdomi 12-06-2004 12:14 AM

haha Yaah I forgot Carlo, Sorry Carlo

Quote:

Originally Posted by TML
Mogilny is still recovering from surgery... he'll be out for at least another 2-3 months.

BTW... Ponikarovsky is still a RFA and Berehowsky is gone.

Also, there are still PLENTY of UFA's out there, I'm sure JFJ would be interested in one of Lindros/Murray/Kovalev/Kariya and possibly a defenceman.

Carlo will be on as the 7th or even lower.

Lobstertainment 12-06-2004 12:32 AM

Identical as last year except

Kidd is now Tellqvist
Marchment & Berehowsky are now Colaiacovo & Pilar

that's it.

now what happens after that is anyone's guess but once the NHL resumes that'll be the roster I bet.

GoM 12-06-2004 12:33 AM

But Reichel and Renberg are gone, HEY HEY

:D

Mess 12-06-2004 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey24
Give the guy a break I can't spell for crap either. :mad: :banghead:

Are you Serious ????

I think you are inhaling too much of those ROTORUA Volcanic mud flat Fumes and they are getting to you .. They did to me !!!.. :teach:

Joey .. Its a joke man ... He inserted Berehowsky ... Instead of saying Drake is no longer a leaf I said he spelt Berehowsky wrong and its Colaiacovo ..

I can't believe I have to explain everything .. :speechles

TrueBlue 12-06-2004 12:53 AM

Quote:

Are you Serious ????

Joey .. Its a joke man ... He inserted Berehowsky ... Instead of saying Drake is no longer a leaf I said he spelt Berehowsky wrong and its Colaiacovo ..

Maybe Joey likes to have his Blues like me. :)

Mess 12-06-2004 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrueBlue
Maybe Joey likes to have his Blues like me. :)

I am guessing now that he lives in New Zealand that those Blues are actually STEINLAGERS or maybe a near by import from Australia FOSTERS .... :)

Joey24 12-06-2004 03:09 AM

Quote:

Are you Serious ????

I think you are inhaling too much of those ROTORUA Volcanic mud flat Fumes and they are getting to you .. They did to me !!!.. :teach:

chill out ;) the emotiocons were suposto be me trying to figure out how spell a word.. Mad... Banging head of wall.. and dunce cap.... they didn't have a emoticon for Googling a word,,,

LeeIs 12-06-2004 03:21 AM

Quote:

Roberts Sundin Mogilny
Tucker Nieuwendyk Nolan
Stajan Antropov Domi
Belak Wellwood Perrot

Leetch Mccabe
Klee Kaberle
Berg Pilar
Berehowsky(7th)

Belfour- Tellqvist

Man!
the day that I see Domi, Belak & Perrot all dressed for the same game (unless for inj.) is the day that I GIVE UP all hope in Pat's abilities in coaching.

Edit: I edited out a point already mentioned above

It Kills Me 12-06-2004 06:28 AM

Quote:

Roberts Sundin Mogilny
Tucker Nieuwendyk Nolan
Stajan Antropov Domi
Belak Wellwood Perrot

Leetch Mccabe
Klee Kaberle
Berg Pilar
Berehowsky(7th)

Belfour- Tellqvist

no how about.. (if we sign these guys)

Roberts - Sundin - Mogilny <--when he's back
Antropov - Nieuwendyk - Ponikarovsky <-- line 2a
Lindros - Stajan - Nolan <-- line 2b
Kilger - Tucker - Domi <-- Domi's gotta be in the lineup with his high salary

Leetch - McCabe
Kaberle - Klee
Berg - Colaiacovo
Pilar

Belfour
Tellqvist

and whats up with these threads coming up every week.

ULF_55 12-06-2004 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittles
Leetch - McCabe
Kaberle - Klee
Berg - Colaiacovo
Pilar

Leetch - McCabe
Kaberle - Pilar
Klee - Carlo
Berg

Christ 12-06-2004 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skittles
and whats up with these threads coming up every week.

Two words: Wishful Thinking...

Lucky Lager 12-06-2004 11:41 PM

Leafs roster...

Oh why must you insist on Berg? Everytime I hear that name all I want to do is :banghead:

Here's my wishlist as far as the lines should go...

Roberts Sundin Mogilny
Tucker Wellwood Nolan
Antropov Nieuwendyk Ponikarovsky
Perrot Lindros Domi

Leetch Mccabe
Colaiacovo Kaberle
Pilar Klee
Hedin

Belfour Tellqvist

Wellwood could never play on the 4th line, he needs someone to feed him the puck or for him to feed the puck too. Not gonna have with Perrot or Belak

Hedin... no one has mentioned him, but played well in those 2 games or so last season...

Lindros... wishful thinking of course... but I could see Kilger somewhere in there... played good in the playoffs

Joey24 12-07-2004 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ULF_55
Leetch - McCabe
Kaberle - Pilar
Klee - Carlo
Berg

man there is no way that Pilar gets a spot before Berg does. People may not like berg but to put a lesser player in his spot like Pilar in his spot especilly on the 2nd unit is just dumb.. *PS I am not calling you dumb ULF_55* Just that people think so little of Berg because he is not that bad..

Joey24 12-07-2004 12:50 AM

The thing that I really do see happening is Toronto bringing in someone for 1-2 years. Until the cap *because there will be a cap* but it will be eased into place over a 2-3 year period.. to many teams to far over the cap including Toronto. So here is my proposed lineup.

Forwards:
Mogilny Sundin Nolan
Roberts Nieuwendyk Carter
Parrish Stajan Ponikarovsky
Tucker Dowd Domi

Defense:
McCabe - Leetch
Hamrlik - Colaiacovo
Berg - Klee
Pilar 7th.

Goalie:
Ed Belfour.
Mikael Tellqvist.

Here are my moves. *The numbers are taking into effect the new rules for a cap*

Alexei Zhitnik for a 2 year deal around 1.2 million per.
Anson Carter for 3 years 1 million per.
Tomas Kaberle & Antropov for the rights to Roman Hamrlik and Mark Parrish.
Jim Dowd 650k , 3 years.

DaveyCrockett 12-07-2004 03:53 AM

Quote:

Alexei Zhitnik for a 2 year deal around 1.2 million per.
Anson Carter for 3 years 1 million per.
Tomas Kaberle & Antropov for the rights to Roman Hamrlik and Mark Parrish.
Jim Dowd 650k , 3 years.

I don't like this at all. I can see us trading Pilar or Hedin as we have a surplus of NHL capable defensemen. Either that, or Coco finishes the year in the AHL so that Pilar and Hedin battle for the 6th and 7th spots. Realistically, all this team needs right now is a top-six winger, preferably on the left side. We have enough versatility to compensate for injuries but sinceRoberts, Nolan, Nieuwy, and Mogilny are only good for 60-65 games each, we need another scoring winger who can preferably play at least two forward positions. Trading for Parrish and Hamrlik gives us two equally inconsistent players who are older and more expensive with no upside. Carter doesn't really have a use on this team and Zhitnik isn't neccesary as we already have a very strong top-4 (Kaberle will bounce back).

It Kills Me 12-07-2004 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benderkyle
Oh why must you insist on Berg? Everytime I hear that name all I want to do is :banghead:

Here's my wishlist as far as the lines should go...

Roberts Sundin Mogilny
Tucker Wellwood Nolan
Antropov Nieuwendyk Ponikarovsky
Perrot Lindros Domi

Leetch Mccabe
Colaiacovo Kaberle
Pilar Klee
Hedin

Belfour Tellqvist

Wellwood could never play on the 4th line, he needs someone to feed him the puck or for him to feed the puck too. Not gonna have with Perrot or Belak

Hedin... no one has mentioned him, but played well in those 2 games or so last season...

Lindros... wishful thinking of course... but I could see Kilger somewhere in there... played good in the playoffs

You left stajan out, and hurried Wellwood in. I'd rather see him in the AHL for another season, and Lindros should be on the 2nd line.

LeafErikson* 12-07-2004 06:39 AM

The team as it stands.

Nolan-Sundin-Mogilney
Roberts-Nieuwendyk-Stajan
Antropov-Tucker-Ponikarovsky
Perrot-Kilger-Domi

McCabe-Leech
Kaberle-Klee
Berg-Colaiacovo
Belak-Pilar

Belfour
Tellqvist

What I would like to see done is Antropov and Berg are gone, possibly in a package for some draft picks, give them a fresh start somewhere else. Bring possibly Wellwood up, Pilar or look at free agent defenceman. I think that Kukemburg guy will get a good look at to. Here's hoping that Nolan can stay healthy, same with Roberts, Joe and Almo. Maybe with the shortened season they can take a really good run at the Cup. Otherwise next season, start the rebuilding process, soft cap, hard cap or not, the Leafs are going to have to change the look of their team one way or another.

ULF_55 12-07-2004 07:19 AM

Quote:

man there is no way that Pilar gets a spot before Berg does. People may not like berg but to put a lesser player in his spot like Pilar in his spot especilly on the 2nd unit is just dumb.. *PS I am not calling you dumb ULF_55* Just that people think so little of Berg because he is not that bad..

I don't think so little of Berg, just more of Pilar.

I could just as easily leave Carlo in the AHL, or put Klee down further.