HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The AHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Playoff Series Talk - EC Quarterfinals - 4-WBS Penguins vs. 5-Hershey Bears (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1168725)

Majik1987 04-16-2012 10:50 PM

Playoff Series Talk - EC Quarterfinals - 4-WBS Penguins vs. 5-Hershey Bears

Game 1 – Fri., Apr. 20 – Hershey1 at W-B/Scranton 3
Game 2 – Sat., Apr. 21 – Hershey 2 at W-B/Scranton 7
Game 3 – Wed., Apr. 25 – W-B/Scranton 3 at Hershey 4
Game 4 – Fri., Apr. 27 – W-B/Scranton 1 at Hershey 4
Game 5 – Sat., Apr. 28 – Hershey 1 at W-B/Scranton 2

W-B/Scranton wins series 3-2

Rumblick 04-17-2012 11:41 AM

I'm hoping, but not optimistic for the Bears chances. We've got 4 in DC, and a couple of key injuries. The Pens will be getting a couple back after the "no mercy" killing at Philly's hands, so even if we can get one of our two goalies back, I just don't see it happening.

hb11xchamps 04-17-2012 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumblick (Post 48238163)
I'm hoping, but not optimistic for the Bears chances. We've got 4 in DC, and a couple of key injuries. The Pens will be getting a couple back after the "no mercy" killing at Philly's hands, so even if we can get one of our two goalies back, I just don't see it happening.

Washington needs to send Eakin down. The kid needs to play not sit. Hanson is ruled out for the first two games and McFlicker has missed like 20 games now. I could see Sabourin being sent down if Neuvirth is feeling up to being the backup but our chances dont look too good as of now

pelts35.com 04-17-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumblick (Post 48238163)

Not having Holtby and Sabourin certainly hurts their chances.

Rumblick 04-17-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hb11xchamps (Post 48244869)
Washington needs to send Eakin down. The kid needs to play not sit. Hanson is ruled out for the first two games and McFlicker has missed like 20 games now. I could see Sabourin being sent down if Neuvirth is feeling up to being the backup but our chances dont look too good as of now

Eakin is one of the limited # of moves allowed by the CBA after the trade deadline. Apparently (and I'm not 100% sure of this, but it's the only thing I've heard that makes sense), Eakin is their last move, so they can't risk sending him down.

If we don't at least get Sabourin back, I'm guessing sweep.

hb11xchamps 04-17-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumblick (Post 48259353)
Eakin is one of the limited # of moves allowed by the CBA after the trade deadline. Apparently (and I'm not 100% sure of this, but it's the only thing I've heard that makes sense), Eakin is their last move, so they can't risk sending him down.

If we don't at least get Sabourin back, I'm guessing sweep.

They have two healthy forwards in Halpern and Knuble who could take the spot of an injured player. Eakin should be sent down

Rumblick 04-19-2012 11:48 AM

Looks like they heard you. :D Eakin was sent back to Hershey this morning. Thing is, if we don't get Holtby or Sabourin back, I don't think it'll make a big difference, though.

hb11xchamps 04-19-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumblick (Post 48398425)
Looks like they heard you. :D Eakin was sent back to Hershey this morning. Thing is, if we don't get Holtby or Sabourin back, I don't think it'll make a big difference, though.

Haha I saw that earlier. Agreed on Holtby/Sabs. With Swiss Cheese in net we don't stand a chance

hb11xchamps 04-20-2012 10:48 AM

Sabourin returned to Hershey today! Slowly getting the team back together. Tonight will be a good game

Solution 04-20-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hb11xchamps (Post 48452767)
Sabourin returned to Hershey today! Slowly getting the team back together. Tonight will be a good game

Good luck tonight. Not too good of course. :)

pelts35.com 04-20-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hb11xchamps (Post 48452767)

Does that mean one of the Caps goalies is healthy or did they send Sabourin down because it's an off day for the Caps and he'll be recalled for Saturday's game?

SFTC Addict 04-20-2012 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hb11xchamps (Post 48410715)
Haha I saw that earlier. Agreed on Holtby/Sabs. With Swiss Cheese in net we don't stand a chance

Can't believe McSwissCheeseney is in the AHL. Saw him in the ECHL last season...WHAT A PYLON

Howe Elbows 9 04-21-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelts35.com (Post 48461117)
Does that mean one of the Caps goalies is healthy or did they send Sabourin down because it's an off day for the Caps and he'll be recalled for Saturday's game?

From the preview for today's game:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2011030125
Quote:

Injury Report: One of Washington's injured goaltenders is ready to go. Michal Neuvirth will be able to back up Holtby in Game 5, though he admitted he isn't 100 percent. Tomas Vokoun is still not ready.

hb11xchamps 04-23-2012 01:09 PM

Hershey better wake up. As a Bears fan I'm not to optimistic that they can come back from this. They flat out have looked terrible. Stupid penalties, horrendous defense, poor decision making, and BAD COACHING. French is on the verge of being on a 10 game losing streak. Hopefully Yingst notices this and fires French after this year.

GarbageGoal 04-23-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hb11xchamps (Post 48661691)
Hershey better wake up. As a Bears fan I'm not to optimistic that they can come back from this. They flat out have looked terrible. Stupid penalties, horrendous defense, poor decision making, and BAD COACHING. French is on the verge of being on a 10 game losing streak. Hopefully Yingst notices this and fires French after this year.

Wait, I thought you loved French?

Yingst has less to do with him remaining coach than Washington does, I'd think.

I admit I haven't followed closely, but I think the series is playing out pretty much as expected. Hershey doesn't have the horses on defense and no Aucoin or Holtby. You should pray they steal the next game and Boston bounces the Caps.

SFTC Addict 04-23-2012 01:57 PM

Gotta comeback. Would love to see Disgrace unhappy. I know this year WBS has no real sjhot at winning the cup like in past years but since it's a rivalry I badly want them to blow this.

pelts35.com 04-23-2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarbageGoal (Post 48662463)
Wait, I thought you loved French?

Yingst has less to do with him remaining coach than Washington does, I'd think.

I admit I haven't followed closely, but I think the series is playing out pretty much as expected. Hershey doesn't have the horses on defense and no Aucoin or Holtby. You should pray they steal the next game and Boston bounces the Caps.

It would be interesting to see if the Caps would send Holtby back if they lose Game 7.

I could be wrong, but I think that Hershey has a good amount of input in the coaching staff (like Chicago does).

Shrimper 04-23-2012 02:06 PM

Seeing as the Penguins are out I'll be behind the WBS Penguins.

hb11xchamps 04-23-2012 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pelts35.com (Post 48664453)
It would be interesting to see if the Caps would send Holtby back if they lose Game 7.

I could be wrong, but I think that Hershey has a good amount of input in the coaching staff (like Chicago does).

Hershey does have a lot of input. I think the Caps would send Holtby, Orlov, and Aucoin down if they lose game 7 and Hershey wins game 3

SFTC Addict 04-23-2012 04:42 PM

Your kidding, that Game 7 isn't tomorrow? It's too bad for Hershey. Because Washington won't be winning said game. Blew it yesterday.

Solution 04-25-2012 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Green Men Rule (Post 48664293)
Gotta comeback. Would love to see Disgrace unhappy. I know this year WBS has no real sjhot at winning the cup like in past years but since it's a rivalry I badly want them to blow this.

The Penguins organization seems to specialize in bad announcers. Steigerwald. Grace. Although the guy for the Nailers is not terrible. He is not great, but he sounds like a hall of famer compaered to the other two.

SFTC Addict 04-25-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solushun (Post 48786759)
The Penguins organization seems to specialize in bad announcers. Steigerwald. Grace. Although the guy for the Nailers is not terrible. He is not great, but he sounds like a hall of famer compaered to the other two.

Bob Rotruck was better than all.

geno4mvp 04-25-2012 05:29 PM

WBS getting Despres, Strait, and Tangradi back.

Rumblick 04-26-2012 11:33 AM

Bears got help from some unexpected sources (D.J. King & Cam Schilling with the first two goals) and got the game winner on a ridiculous shot by Ryan Potulny in OT to win it.

Crowd was "announced" at 9414 - think they counted employees, team personnel, and anyone in who drove by the Giant Center. :D

Game 4 Friday. No help from the Caps, who beat Boston. Gotta do it with what we got. Could be fun.

SFTC Addict 04-26-2012 04:15 PM

This series would be looking a lot different coming home if the Caps had done their due dilligence last night.