HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Pre-Game Talk: Game 4: Richardson, Westgarth, or Parse? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1169177)

Capn Brown 04-17-2012 12:24 PM

Game 4: Richardson, Westgarth, or Parse?

Assuming Lok is injured and Clifford's still not ready, who goes in for him?

I'm thinking Bitz returns from his suspension & Westgarth should be there to send a message.

Discuss.

johnjm22 04-17-2012 12:28 PM

Parse is injured.

I'll gladly take a healthy Richardson.

Buddy The Elf 04-17-2012 12:28 PM

Is Parse even healthy? regardless, he can't be ready to go even if he is. The guy hasn't played in 6 months and has had surgery on both hips in the past year.

etherialone 04-17-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capn Brown (Post 48240231)

I'm thinking Bitz returns from his suspension & Westgarth should be there to send a message.

Discuss.

Agree 100%

No to Parse, no reason

Richardson could hurt us or help us but he is definitely too streaky to me.

Westy at least can play a few minutes and if needed or given the chance could send a very much needed message.

hangons 04-17-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capn Brown (Post 48240231)

Discuss.

No brainer... Westgarth was actually good in last years playoffs! However, I would have to think he's rusty...

Pharseer 04-17-2012 12:47 PM

Yea

Quote:

Originally Posted by hangons (Post 48241007)
No brainer... Westgarth was actually good in last years playoffs! However, I would have to think he's rusty...

I don't think DS knows that he was good in last year's playoffs, hopefully that changes.

:handclap::handclap:

SLang 04-17-2012 01:06 PM

I like Westgarth but I think if Richardson is truly ready to go he will be hungry and will do well - and will get the nod.

What's the use of sending a message in a scenario where if you win, the other team is out? Play to win.

The Judge 04-17-2012 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLang (Post 48242597)
I like Westgarth but I think if Richardson is truly ready to go he will be hungry and will do well - and will get the nod.

What's the use of sending a message in a scenario where if you win, the other team is out? Play to win.

Exactly my thoughts....

123slam 04-17-2012 01:24 PM

Richardson skating with the 4th line.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/04/17...rdson-returns/

DAkings20 04-17-2012 01:26 PM

Richardson>>>>>Westgarth if Lokti is out.

Capn Brown 04-17-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnjm22 (Post 48240413)
Parse is injured.

Not according to this.....

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/04/16...ate-update-20/

HeadInjury 04-17-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAkings20 (Post 48243963)
Richardson>>>>>Westgarth if Lokti is out.

And Richardson is better than Lokti even if Lokti is available.

Buddy The Elf 04-17-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadInjury (Post 48244771)
And Richardson is better than Lokti even if Lokti is available.

I agree.. Loktionov was pretty much useless.

Ollie Weeks 04-17-2012 01:52 PM

Richardson with limited minutes could be a huge boost for us.

Vic Vinegar 04-17-2012 02:52 PM

I think Richardson's speed and hustle would look good on the 4th line.

Chazz Reinhold 04-17-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capn Brown (Post 48244759)

Skating does not equal healthy. Notice how Hammond didn't even mention the possibility of Parse playing game 4?

Gagne skated for weeks on end; didn't mean he was healthy. Parse is effectively done for the season.

Puck U 04-17-2012 03:19 PM

... and another thing ... BITZ ain't gonna be playing, AV ain't THAT stupid (I don't think), Bitz brings nothing and was only in game #1 to do exaxtly what he did, take someone from the Kings team out. To try that again in game #4 would be useless, Vancouver needs more skilled players in the line up to attempt to WIN rather than send any parting message.

Thus Richardson playing will be fine, and give us a fast forechecking fourth line, and we need that back in the game plan.

KINGS17 04-17-2012 03:26 PM

I like Richardson in the lineup, especially for offensive zone faceoffs. The guy is a dangerous forechecker that will create turnovers.

Don't like him too much in our zone, but Daryl has the final say on matchups in the next game, so he should be in control.

I like the idea of the Kings really rolling 4 lines in Game 4. Wiess, Kassian, and Bitz have been non-factors for the Canucks.

Sydor25 04-17-2012 03:31 PM

Richardson gives the Kings the best chance of rolling 4 lines. Something they haven't been able to do since Clifford went down injured.

Kings play much better when they can roll the lines. I expect the Kings best performance tomorrow night. Sutter will have a way of exploiting the Canucks forecheck, it will be up to the players to score on their outnumbered attacks.

DoktorJeep 04-17-2012 04:26 PM

Sutter has shown a tendency to rely on his top 9 forwards, with only Fraser getting some extra minutes on the PK. It doesn't surprise me to see him go with Richardson, although if you're Westgarth, you have to wonder if you'll ever skate in a game again for the Kings while Sutter is in charge. I see Richardson getting somewhere between 8-10 minutes of ice time, and most of that will come in the first two periods.

The Martinez / Greene pairing worries me the most. AMart has had a crap series from my viewpoint. Guy has turned over the puck in some prime scoring areas at least once per game so far, and hasn't shown much ability to skate the puck through the neutral zone, or pinch down in the offensive zone to keep plays alive.

If we see the 2nd Sedin in there, I have a feeling we'll see VAN start do put together some of those cross seam / ice passes that skilled teams typically use to carve the Kings D Zone coverage up. I hope to see better support from the forwards on the breakouts and smarter dump in plays so that they can look to up the time of possession numbers and control the game along the boards.

Chazz Reinhold 04-17-2012 04:37 PM

Sounds like the Kings didn't have the greatest practice today.

KINGS17 04-17-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold (Post 48255963)
Sounds like the Kings didn't have the greatest practice today.

Could be, and could also be a coach trying to get inside his own players' heads. Sutter is right 3 wins gets you nothing in the post season.

Edonator 04-17-2012 06:19 PM

Bitz is one of the players you need to least worry about from a Vancouver perspective. Henrik Sedin averaged more PIM per 82 games this season than Bitz has done over his career. He's been brought along to add a new dimension in terms of size and his physicality has never really shown up. That hit, which was dirty, was more of a product of the increased intensity that comes along with the playoffs.

kingsholygrail 04-17-2012 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLang (Post 48242597)

This and lets be frank here...When was the last time Westgarth actually won a fight and didn't just motivate the opponents?

SCARFACE909 04-17-2012 06:52 PM

Richardson easily. He has speed and is good on the forecheck.