HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   QMJHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Top teams in 2012-13 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1169305)

MooseheadCanadiens 04-17-2012 03:10 PM

Top teams in 2012-13

Halifax and Quebec will be strong because of their young teams that are still in this seasons playoffs. Who else do you feel will be a contender for the league next year?

rocketfan 04-17-2012 04:06 PM

I am hearing Bathurst , Gatineau, and the Armada for sure i wish the rocket wold be but we will be pretty bad again I can see us finishing last in the division yet again

BLBarmada 04-17-2012 07:56 PM

Moncton should be good, Armada will he good but I don't know how strong.. Maybe they push for the cup...

Gatineau need a goalie... After that they're set.

rocketfan 04-17-2012 08:09 PM

Maybe Gatineau goes after Max Lagace I think the Rocket will keep Bibeau

Lucky Luke 04-18-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLBarmada (Post 48267837)
Gatineau need a goalie... After that they're set.

The Olympiques currently have the 4th overall pick in the CHL Import draft.
Benoit Groulx is in Europe as we speak.
Who knows, maybe he will convince Andrei Vasilevski, Oscar Dansk or Marek Langhamer to come to North America.

BLBarmada 04-18-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Luke (Post 48309067)
The Olympiques currently have the 4th overall pick in the CHL Import draft.
Benoit Groulx is in Europe as we speak.
Who knows, maybe he will convince Andrei Vasilevski, Oscar Dansk or Marek Langhamer to come to North America.

If he does that would be HUGE...

I think that the Armada will end up selling Marcoux and Ouellet, in order to start building what will be a model Q/CHL franchise.

#57 04-19-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLBarmada (Post 48309599)
If he does that would be HUGE...

I think that the Armada will end up selling Marcoux and Ouellet, in order to start building what will be a model Q/CHL franchise.

Are you kidding me? The Armada will have one of the best team on paper in the CHL next year, and that's without any ''big move'' by Bouchard this summer. Sakaris is supposed to be coming over as a compensation, he would be our 3rd 20 years old player.

EURO - Tanguy - Matteau
Clapperton - Paquette - Roy
Hodhod - Sakaris - Laflamme
Aquin - Plouffe - Hawes

Ouellet - Picard
Micallef - EURO
Berube - Hoyles

Marcoux - Phaneuf

The only ?'s are whether or not Bouchard can attract some interesting european players. That 1st line should be dirty, the 2nd line is all speed and skill and was our best line against Rimouski and that 3rd line is fricking awesome. The only weakness I see up front is a lack of a physical edge and that's something I feel Bouchard will address, possibly upgrading the 4th line.

On defense, Ouellet is the best D in the league, and if a good euro comes over, that's probably the best 2nd-pair in the league as well. Berube and Hoyles are excellent young players with a year of experience under their belt.

Marcoux will probably be the best G in the league.

That's a cup contender and, like I said, that's without any significant move by Bouchard.

Dasachtach 04-19-2012 07:40 AM

Semi-finals next year

Quebec v. Blainville
Halifax v. Gatineau

sickest flow bro 04-19-2012 09:52 AM

I'm really hoping the Mooseheads make a move for Duffy at the draft, our first line of Drouin-Mackinnon-Frk will be one of the best in the league.

BLBarmada 04-20-2012 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #57 (Post 48391719)
Are you kidding me? The Armada will have one of the best team on paper in the CHL next year, and that's without any ''big move'' by Bouchard this summer. Sakaris is supposed to be coming over as a compensation, he would be our 3rd 20 years old player.

EURO - Tanguy - Matteau
Clapperton - Paquette - Roy
Hodhod - Sakaris - Laflamme
Aquin - Plouffe - Hawes

Ouellet - Picard
Micallef - EURO
Berube - Hoyles

Marcoux - Phaneuf

The only ?'s are whether or not Bouchard can attract some interesting european players. That 1st line should be dirty, the 2nd line is all speed and skill and was our best line against Rimouski and that 3rd line is fricking awesome. The only weakness I see up front is a lack of a physical edge and that's something I feel Bouchard will address, possibly upgrading the 4th line.

On defense, Ouellet is the best D in the league, and if a good euro comes over, that's probably the best 2nd-pair in the league as well. Berube and Hoyles are excellent young players with a year of experience under their belt.

Marcoux will probably be the best G in the league.

That's a cup contender and, like I said, that's without any significant move by Bouchard.

I hope your right, but again I hope we don't mortgage the future...

I wonder who Bouchard could bring over ?

Blainville has great facilities but it's not the greatest town..

Golden55 04-20-2012 02:36 PM

I think that B-B and Halifax are the early favorites.

Dgill 04-20-2012 02:40 PM

It's hard to say how the teams will look and who will be the favourites until the dispersal draft happens.

BLBarmada 04-20-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dgill (Post 48462771)
It's hard to say how the teams will look and who will be the favourites until the dispersal draft happens.

You mean expansion...

Or is Chicoutimi actually folding ?

Dgill 04-20-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLBarmada (Post 48463677)
You mean expansion...

Or is Chicoutimi actually folding ?

Dispersal of the teams unprotected players to the new Sherbrooke franchise.

Is it being referred to as the dispersal or expansion? I seen both and never was really sure, haha.

BTW, Sherbrooke will have awesome jerseys.

BLBarmada 04-20-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dgill (Post 48466957)
Dispersal of the teams unprotected players to the new Sherbrooke franchise.

Is it being referred to as the dispersal or expansion? I seen both and never was really sure, haha.

BTW, Sherbrooke will have awesome jerseys.

Expansion haha....

And yeah there siick..

Dgill 04-20-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLBarmada (Post 48467347)
Expansion haha....

And yeah there siick..

Expansion it is!

Sherbrooke's jerseys still don't trump your Armada jerseys though. I rank them as the top jerseys in the league. Black and white is just so clean. Quebec's cream color away ones are really nice as well.

BLBarmada 04-20-2012 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dgill (Post 48467485)
Expansion it is!

Sherbrooke's jerseys still don't trump your Armada jerseys though. I rank them as the top jerseys in the league. Black and white is just so clean. Quebec's cream color away ones are really nice as well.

I think it's:
Blainville
Saint John
Sherbrooke
Quebec
Halifax

RJQuack 04-21-2012 01:42 AM

The Mooseheads pre-09 Jerseys were my fav...

And I think Halifax and Quebec are really the only contenders I've heard of so far... I don't see it in Blainville, but they'll still have a good team. And I wouldn't assume right away that you can slot A Euro into Line 1... Unless you know something we don't...

Convincing a Euro to come to a mid market team with the (50-55th pick) doesn't assure you a quality Euro

Q7scout 04-21-2012 08:30 AM

MAYBE THIS NEEDS A NEW THREAD?

But considering the other side of the coin who do you think will be the bottom 5 teams in Q next season (2012/2013)?

#57 04-21-2012 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Q7scout (Post 48497717)
MAYBE THIS NEEDS A NEW THREAD?

But considering the other side of the coin who do you think will be the bottom 5 teams in Q next season (2012/2013)?

Hmm that's a good question. I think it's hard to make a prediction so early. Look at Boisbriand, you never know what might just happen.

Here's a wild guess at the final standings for next season;

1 Halifax
2 Boisbriand
3 Quebec
4 Chicoutimi
5 Moncton
6 Val d'Or
7 Bathurst
8 Baie-Comeau
9 Gatineau
10 Drummondville
11 Rouyn-Noranda
12 Cape Breton
13 Rimouski
14 Victoriaville
15 Saint John
16 PEI
17 Shawinigan
18 Sherbrooke

BLBarmada 04-21-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #57 (Post 48498233)
Hmm that's a good question. I think it's hard to make a prediction so early. Look at Boisbriand, you never know what might just happen.

1 Halifax
2 Boisbriand
3 Quebec
4 Chicoutimi
5 Moncton
6 Val d'Or
7 Bathurst
8 Baie-Comeau
9 Gatineau
10 Drummondville
11 Rouyn-Noranda
12 Cape Breton
13 Rimouski
14 Victoriaville
15 Saint John
16 PEI
17 Shawinigan
18 Sherbrooke

If Gatineau find a goalie they will finish top 5.

IMO Moncton won't be that good...

And Saint John will be Middle of the pack.

Golden55 04-21-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #57 (Post 48498233)

1 Halifax
2 Boisbriand
3 Quebec
4 Chicoutimi
5 Moncton
6 Val d'Or
7 Bathurst
8 Baie-Comeau
9 Gatineau
10 Drummondville
11 Rouyn-Noranda
12 Cape Breton
13 Rimouski
14 Victoriaville
15 Saint John
16 PEI
17 Shawinigan
18 Sherbrooke

I don't believe that Chicoutimi will finish top 4 next season because their first goaltender (Gibson) and their first line center (Pageau) won't be back for sure. They will also lose way too many forwards.

Taoiseach 04-21-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BLBarmada (Post 48467791)
I think it's:
Blainville
Saint John
Sherbrooke
Quebec
Halifax

Val-d'Or, Chicoutimi, & Québec have the nicest jerseys in the league.

As for the Olympiques, we'll be much stronger next season for sure. Hopefully Groulx can get us an amazing goalie with PEI's Import Draft pick. That will be the difference between finishing in the bottom 8 again, or the top 5. I don't know that we'll be legitimate contenders just yet, but you never know. The core of the team is pretty young, and you never know how that's going to pan out.

BLBarmada 04-21-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taoiseach (Post 48510015)
Val-d'Or, Chicoutimi, & Québec have the nicest jerseys in the league.

As for the Olympiques, we'll be much stronger next season for sure. Hopefully Groulx can get us an amazing goalie with PEI's Import Draft pick. That will be the difference between finishing in the bottom 8 again, or the top 5. I don't know that we'll be legitimate contenders just yet, but you never know. The core of the team is pretty young, and you never know how that's going to pan out.

No to the Jerseys part:)

I agree with you, if Gatineau can't find a Goalie there screwed...

Golden55 04-21-2012 05:04 PM

Gatineau has plenty of 18yo forwards for next year, including Emile Poirier, Alexandros Soumakis, Adam Chapman, Robert Pelletier, Taylor Burke, Raphaël Lafontaine, Samuel Courtemanche... I'm pretty sure some of them will improve and will become key players on their team. They also have two good defensemen in Anthony Cortese and Mickaël Beauregard. Like you all said, they really need to find a quality starter with PEI's Import Draft pick, as I don't see Alexandre Michaud as their starter for next year.