HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Central Europe (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Czech Republic: Extraliga thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1169373)

zorz 04-17-2012 03:07 PM

Extraliga thread

I know there won't be much traffic in this thread but I've already wanted a couple of times to post something about the league and I couldn't because of no thread. Now things change! :D

So who do you want to win the finals?

Who do you want to win the relegation? (baráž)

or anything else you have to say, say it! ;)

DrunkElkCZ 04-17-2012 03:57 PM

Well its probably pretty obvious for who I cheer in the finals :laugh: although I'm not one of those mad Kometa's fans which appeared in the playoffs (bandwagoners or how them called in NA). : )

And Chomutov would be a nice new team in Extraliga. But I disagree with the relegation system. I think that a team who ends last in playout should go down and a team who wins 1'st League playoffs should promote into Extraliga instantly.

zorz 04-17-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkElkCZ (Post 48257037)
Well its probably pretty obvious for who I cheer in the finals :laugh: although I'm not one of those mad Kometa's fans which appeared in the playoffs (bandwagoners or how them called in NA). : )

And Chomutov would be a nice new team in Extraliga. But I disagree with the relegation system. I think that a team who ends last in playout should go down and a team who wins 1'st League playoffs should promote into Extraliga instantly.

Personally I don't believe Kometa will make it, but good luck ;)

Speaking about relegation system, I think the best would be to play games among 2 worst Extraliga teams and top2 1. liga teams. Why? Simply because it's more hockey to watch for the fans :D It looks way to easy IMO if the winner of 1. liga just went up and the last Extraliga team went down.

lamini 04-18-2012 12:15 AM

Hope Brno manages to win it, but I think that 1-1 goal in game 4 ment end for them. Doubt they have enough strength left to win the series now.

I think Boleslav stays in ELH

DrunkElkCZ 04-19-2012 11:09 AM

6th final game comming up... I still belive :handclap:

lamini 04-19-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrunkElkCZ (Post 48399237)
6th final game comming up... I still belive :handclap:

1-4 after 2nd...think it's over

DrunkElkCZ 04-19-2012 02:57 PM

Congratulation to new champions. Pardubice deserved it :handclap:

Sad evening in Brno but second place is great too. Especially after such a season. :)

zorz 04-19-2012 03:07 PM

I think it's deserved too. I'm not a huge Pardubice fan since they defeated Vítkovice in the final couple of years ago, but I have to admit they know how to win. Also good to see guys like Buchtele, Kousal etc. on the champion's lineup. Some of these young guys could become solid NT's complementary players in the future.

Tatanik 04-21-2012 04:52 PM

What a horrible season as a Slavia fan....Aiii.

zorz 04-26-2012 04:30 PM

So Chomutov made it to Extraliga for the next season... I'm kinda sad, mainly because of David Výborný. I'm always rooting for him :(

Tatanik 04-26-2012 06:13 PM

Finally Mlada get relegated.... I know it's harsh to say, but they really haven't progressed since they got promoted.

Zolik37 04-26-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorz (Post 48870197)
So Chomutov made it to Extraliga for the next season... I'm kinda sad, mainly because of David Výborný. I'm always rooting for him :(

He sure has lots of fans in Slovakia too :sarcasm:

zorz 04-27-2012 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zolik37 (Post 48879651)
He sure has lots of fans in Slovakia too :sarcasm:

I know there was some problem beetween him and Slovak fans, but I don't even remember what it was. And tbh, I don't even care.

Torsten S 04-27-2012 09:14 AM

I'm glad that finaly a team has finished relegation round successfully which ends the long suffering of Mladá Boleslav. Although it's the archrival Chomutov.

fredrikstad 05-06-2012 09:49 PM

Do you think Jagr will come home and play for Kladno when still healthy,or will he take more years in NHL?

Kesid 05-07-2012 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredrikstad (Post 49365375)
Do you think Jagr will come home and play for Kladno when still healthy,or will he take more years in NHL?

I think NHL is his priority right now.

Eyelanders 05-20-2012 06:54 AM

Michal Bros - 1 year extension with Sparta Praha
Petr Ton - 1 year extension with Sparta Praha

This is a bit old news, but I thought I could post it here as Bros and Ton are still great players in the Extraleague. Sparta is my favorite team in the league and I think it´s great that they will play at least one more year with Sparta.

Has there been lately more information about Michal Sersen? He has been rumoured to Russia, and I don´t think there´s a big chance that he will play next year in Praha. He has had a good season and he has played well for Slovakia at WC.

zorz 05-20-2012 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juniorhockeyfollower (Post 49920175)
Michal Bros - 1 year extension with Sparta Praha
Petr Ton - 1 year extension with Sparta Praha

This is a bit old news, but I thought I could post it here as Bros and Ton are still great players in the Extraleague. Sparta is my favorite team in the league and I think it´s great that they will play at least one more year with Sparta.

Has there been lately more information about Michal Sersen? He has been rumoured to Russia, and I don´t think there´s a big chance that he will play next year in Praha. He has had a good season and he has played well for Slovakia at WC.

I think he's most likely to go to Slovan Bratislava.

Oak 05-23-2012 05:31 PM

I have never watched Extraliga but my parents live about an hour away from Liberec. How are the Bili Tygri? Doesn't seem like they've done very well since '08.

Tatanik 05-23-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorz (Post 49920517)
I think he's most likely to go to Slovan Bratislava.

It makes sense. Slovan have said they are after players who played in the NT this year (like Bliznak and Bartovic), and with Sersen having played for Slovan for a number of years previously, it would be a very likely scenario

zorz 05-23-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oak (Post 50058817)
I have never watched Extraliga but my parents live about an hour away from Liberec. How are the Bili Tygri? Doesn't seem like they've done very well since '08.

I'd say they are San Jose of Extraliga. Always a contender, but never puts it all together. now when Nedved is most likely leaving, it probably won't get any better, but they can surprise.

Erathian 05-25-2012 02:36 PM

Oh, Czech extraliga thread! Yeah, I remember times when I used to watch it...sigh.

HC Bienne 06-02-2012 05:02 PM

hey guys, i'm looking for Michal Vondrka informations. how good he is? he would do good in swiss lna?

Jeez 06-02-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Special One (Post 50433183)
hey guys, i'm looking for Michal Vondrka informations. how good he is? he would do good in swiss lna?

Michal Vondrka is one of the best forward in Czech league. He was on last WC in national team. Karpat Oulu was his first try outside Czech republic last season, but he had not success. I hope he makes it better next time.

Tatanik 06-02-2012 05:50 PM

Vondrka was the only shining light in Slavia's season last year (Well, Hertl aside).

Very good player. Been linked tentatively with Lev since the start of the off-season. Really hope he'd be back at Slavia, but I highly doubt it.