HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Sad News (JF Omalycat) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1169489)

Mayor Bee 04-17-2012 05:15 PM

Sad News (JF Omalycat)

I was browsing in the Lounge and was shocked and saddened to see this thread. I'd encourage everyone to read.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1169451

OldGoaltender 04-17-2012 05:38 PM

He was a very good poster. I always enjoyed his insight. Sad to read that he could have prevented this.

Lynk 04-17-2012 05:42 PM

May he Rest In Peace.

CapnCornelius 04-17-2012 05:46 PM

Sad to see this. He'll be missed.

Timeless Winter 04-17-2012 05:47 PM

:( :( :( :( :( :( :(

rip

Renion 04-17-2012 05:49 PM

I remember him proudly posting a picture of his daughter in a CBJ jersey, and now she's posting about his death. I've enjoyed his posts over the years, as well as his general attitude, and will miss his voice.

Roadman 04-17-2012 05:49 PM

How fragile life really is.

Robert 04-17-2012 05:53 PM

Absolutely horrible, beyond belief for me.. I’m going to share a personal moment I had with this poster in his honor, I never met Omalycat face to face but last year when I ran into some posting trouble on the mains he sent me a personal email about it.

He said I should have used better judgment but mistakes happen and encouraged me to keep posting on the HF Website as I had value to share; he went on to say he was sorry for any non supportive posts he himself may have made. His note to me and the impact it had on me during some difficult social media times is something few understand..

So sorry to hear this, there are no words to describe the hurt.…

Robert

Jaxs 04-17-2012 05:55 PM

Very sorry to hear this news. I didn't know JF, but enjoyed his posts.

Socks 04-17-2012 06:19 PM

Horrible to hear this. May he Rest In Peace and condolences to his family.

1857 Howitzer 04-17-2012 06:20 PM

Very sad and my condolences to his family.

Moo 04-17-2012 06:31 PM

No words for this. :cry:

JACKETfan 04-17-2012 06:45 PM

I remember when I first joined HF and he was really active here in the CBJ forum. Occasionally people would confuse me with him when some of the posters nicknamed me "JF" as well. I met him one night at the old Rbar and he laughed and said "the confusion is getting me in trouble". :)

Nanabijou 04-17-2012 06:45 PM

Heart-wrenching news.

I enjoyed his posts - they could be both blunt and witty at the same time.

My condolences to his family.

Moo 04-17-2012 06:55 PM

I wanted to use his avatar and change my user title to show my respect but I couldn't bring my heart to do it.

BluejacketNut 04-17-2012 07:21 PM

So sad. Its unimaginable how bad of a season its been for us Jackets fans :(

Matt Foley 04-17-2012 07:34 PM

I hung out one night several seasons ago at Buffalo Wild Wings with JF, Top Shelf (the LTL blogger), and DougKnowsBest watching a CBJ game at Nashville. We all had a great time and after the game I enjoyed listening to JF talk about his days playing in bands around town.

I'm still in shock after reading this sad piece of news. God's Speed, JF - we will all miss you very much. :(

Edit: I'll share one thing with you all that I'll always remember about JF. Late one Christmas Eve night some years back (I was a poster here before 2009), I logged on to the boards after putting the presents under the tree. I posted something about how much fun it was in preparing for Christmas morning and how I was looking forward to seeing the looks on the kids' faces when they came downstairs to open presents. How funny it was that JF posted right after me at about 1AM sharing the same experience as me. I learned then that he had a daughter the same age as one of mine, so that gave me a bit of a connection to him which I shared with him later when we had our one and (regrettably) only night on the town.

Danielle, I am so sorry for the loss that you and your Mom are going through. He obviously loved you so much - please take that love that he gave you and share it with others who need it.

CBJBrassard16 04-17-2012 07:53 PM

This is so sad. RIP

Ar-too 04-17-2012 07:54 PM

Terrible, terrible news.

RIP

punk_o_holic 04-17-2012 08:06 PM

Prayers to his family and friends.
R.I.P.

leesmith 04-17-2012 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BluejacketNut (Post 48270249)
So sad. Its unimaginable how bad of a season its been for us Jackets fans :(

We lost yet another one today. This kid was at EVERY home game in section 103. Gone way too young.
:cry:

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stor...tal-wreck.html

RDriesenUD 04-17-2012 08:12 PM

I will say a prayer for both of their family and friends.

Derby 04-17-2012 08:17 PM

I posted this in the main thread, but as it is as much a message to all my fellow CBJ posters as to JFOmalycat's family, I wanted to post it here, too....

Danielle, what a brave young lady you are. Thank you for posting. Thank you for the reminder to take care of ourselves and each other. Everyone needs that reminder every so often.

People say that the internet and forums/boards such as this diminish our humanity via anonymity. Actually, it is amazing how close a community this is, particularly the CBJ folks. (I don't wander to the mains often.)

God bless you and your family.

Puts a lot into perspective...

Dr. Fire 04-17-2012 08:17 PM

I will miss JF's posts.

Anyone that visited the political board, which I no longer will do, knows that JF was one of the few steady, even-tempered, moderate posters on an otherwise contentious board.

God bless his family, and it hurts to lose a dedicated Jackets fan.

R.I.P. JF, and God's speed.

leesmith 04-17-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derby (Post 48274955)
I posted this in the main thread, but as it is as much a message to all my fellow CBJ posters as to JFOmalycat's family, I wanted to post it here, too....

Danielle, what a brave young lady you are. Thank you for posting. Thank you for the reminder to take care of ourselves and each other. Everyone needs that reminder every so often.

People say that the internet and forums/boards such as this diminish our humanity via anonymity. Actually, it is amazing how close a community this is, particularly the CBJ folks. (I don't wander to the mains often.)

God bless you and your family.

Puts a lot into perspective...

I could fight with any of you like brothers, but would be happy to raise a pint with you anytime to celebrate a Columbus victory.