HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Please no ping pong balls. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1170433)

predfan98 04-18-2012 08:40 AM

Please no ping pong balls.

Here is something from Paul McCann copied from Fbook.

"From Paul McCann: Important Information... Please, Please, PLEASE... there are folks pushing to bring (and throw) ping pong balls at Friday's Game Five... please ignore this really bad advice. Throwing things on the ice is dangerous to the players and will get you ejected from the arena.

We need every citizen of Smashville to make as much noise as possible to bring this one home.

Preds fans, DO NOT BRING PING PONG BALLS! Please pass this along!"

I'll be honest, if I see someone with ping pong balls, I'll go to an usher and turn you in.

this has enough legs that Paul is asking people not to do it..

kypredsfan 04-18-2012 08:56 AM

Damn, I thought bringing ping pong balls was just a joke. Guess some people really are wanting to do this. I would do it, but only when the game was for sure won and then I'd throw them at the Bertuzzi.

token grinder 04-18-2012 09:05 AM

I think most hockey fans know this. When you have radio personalitiesmaking jokes about it, then quickly recanting, it is a bad thing. You can't stop drunks and those people who will think it is funny.

ThirdManIn 04-18-2012 09:57 AM

What about ping pong tables? Can we throw those?

BourqueBourqueBork 04-18-2012 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kypredsfan (Post 48312525)
Damn, I thought bringing ping pong balls was just a joke. Guess some people really are wanting to do this. I would do it, but only when the game was for sure won and then I'd throw them at the Bertuzzi.

I was thinking more along the lines of throwing them on the ice after the game, in the same fashion that Florida throws the rats. Just a shower of ping pong balls.:laugh:

But yeah, throwing them during the game would be stupid.

arenafanatic 04-18-2012 10:10 AM

I saw someone say they wanted to throw ping pong balls so the Predators could get on Sportscenter. Idiot.

tserberis* 04-18-2012 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BourqueBourqueBork (Post 48315155)
I was thinking more along the lines of throwing them on the ice after the game, in the same fashion that Florida throws the rats. Just a shower of ping pong balls.:laugh:

But yeah, throwing them during the game would be stupid.

That what I was thinking. After the game....

landman1 04-18-2012 10:19 AM

This reminds me of Captain Kangaroo show where Mr Green Jeans would get all the ping pong balls dropped on his head by Mr. Moose! Lol

Joe T Choker 04-18-2012 10:21 AM

I wish a sporting goods store (s) would put ping pong paddles on sale with the likes of berscuzzi & preds logo

Legionnaire11 04-18-2012 10:23 AM

I think at this point it's all about minimizing the damage. I think we'll definitely see ping-pong balls friday, it's just a question of how many. I think best case would be just a few in the Wings bench area if the Preds win.

I'm most interested in seeing some creative signs for the warm-ups.

K3V1N 04-18-2012 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 48315087)

I love that idea. Or we can play ping pong as they are getting off their bus to practice. Have one big ole ping pong tourney between the bus and...

golfmade 04-18-2012 10:53 AM

Should get a picture of Forrest Gump but change his face to say, Klein, and have it with the ping pong paddle.

VFL615* 04-18-2012 10:58 AM

Haha funny how big this thing got. No one that i am aware of wanted to do it during or before the game. After the game as a good measure of fun would be pretty funny.
Doubt ping pong balls are going to hurt anyone.

Cashville 04-18-2012 11:01 AM

A few Catfish / Octopi / etc are fine as they can easily be scooped up without a delay. 10,000 ping pong balls takes a while to clean up and can actually impact the gameplay. I'm surprised Florida has brought the rats back actually.

VFL615* 04-18-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashville (Post 48318053)
A few Catfish / Octopi / etc are fine as they can easily be scooped up without a delay. 10,000 ping pong balls takes a while to clean up and can actually impact the gameplay. I'm surprised Florida has brought the rats back actually.

The rats thing is done after the game not sure how that effects gameplay.

Nitrous Mafia 04-18-2012 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arenafanatic (Post 48315655)
I saw someone say they wanted to throw ping pong balls so the Predators could get on Sportscenter. Idiot.

actually not a bad idea.

would be better than pop fly popfly pop fly, foul, strikeout, saints talk.

SavageSteve 04-18-2012 11:15 AM

The only ping pong balls I want to see would be on the Jumbotron w/ Gnash doing a Thunderstuck thing on a Bertuzzi stunt double in the Mr. Moose/Capt. Kangaroo style!!

On the ice Friday, I just want to see a win, the handshake line, and the knowledge that the Wings will be golfing while the Predators are still playing hockey for keeps! Nothing else matters!!

luckofirish8 04-18-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavageSteve (Post 48318687)
The only ping pong balls I want to see would be on the Jumbotron w/ Gnash doing a Thunderstuck thing on a Bertuzzi stunt double in the Mr. Moose/Capt. Kangaroo style!!

On the ice Friday, I just want to see a win, the handshake line, and the knowledge that the Wings will be golfing while the Predators are still playing hockey for keeps! Nothing else matters!!

this.

Qui Gon Dave 04-18-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdManIn (Post 48315087)

I don't know, can you pick one up?

Carrying on the ping pong theme, what about Pandas bred in captivity and called Ping Pong? (sounds like the name a zoo would give a panda). If you have the strength, throwing Ping Pong on the ice might be okay too, although Bertuzzi would probably try and punch it. I'd advise against throwing Ping Pong's balls on the ice though, for fear of getting Weber'd by nature.

:teach:

Cashville 04-18-2012 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VFL615 (Post 48318191)
The rats thing is done after the game not sure how that effects gameplay.

They used to throw them after every goal like the video below; thought they still did. They actually used to have a "rat delay" timer that showed the length of the delay caused by the rats in the bottom right:

NoNecksCurse 04-18-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by predfan98 (Post 48311993)

I'll be honest, if I see someone with ping pong balls, I'll go to an usher and turn you in.

this has enough legs that Paul is asking people not to do it..

lol... go ahead and tell on me ill be in section 107..

if people want to do it, they can do it

predwings 04-18-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arenafanatic (Post 48315655)

Dunno if this was directed at my comment before. Mine was..."Someone play ping-pong on the glass of the penalty box especially when Bertuzzi is in tere. I bet you get on NHL.com."

Drake744 04-18-2012 01:00 PM

If we win Friday, ping pong balls should be the last thing on our mind.

Nitrous Mafia 04-18-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse (Post 48324193)
lol... go ahead and tell on me ill be in section 107..

if people want to do it, they can do it

ur gonna get bertuzzi'd

Tennman 04-18-2012 01:39 PM

I'm going to stand at the glass during warm ups with one ping-pong ball and a sharpie and see if Bertuzzi will sign it.