HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   News Article: Tyson Nash Gets Death Threats For His Comments On The Hossa Hit (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1170533)

gra 04-18-2012 11:15 AM

Tyson Nash Gets Death Threats For His Comments On The Hossa Hit
 
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story...rian-hossa-hit

Quote:

CHICAGO -- Former NHL player and current Phoenix Coyotes broadcaster Tyson Nash says he's received "death threats" since stating a questionable hit by Coyotes forward Raffi Torres on Chicago Blackhawks winger Marian Hossa was "as clean of a hit as you're going to get."

Although no penalty was called on the play, Torres reportedly is facing an NHL hearing for the hit, according to the Chicago Tribune. The hit resulted in Hossa being carted off on a stretcher and taken to a hospital. He was released Tuesday night.
That's ****ed up!

rt 04-18-2012 11:18 AM

Hopefully they mean hand to hand. Nash has added about 20lbs of muscle since retirement. He's a big, bad man.

InTOEWSweTrust 04-18-2012 11:21 AM

despite my enrage at the game last night, people make mistakes, and say things in the heat of the moment no need for death threats, however its less surprising if you live in chicago when the death threats to Bartman with the cubs so....its sad that some people cannot control themselves

awfulwaffle 04-18-2012 11:29 AM

No words are necessary. Hossa is fine, and Nash took back his comments made when the hit first happened.

awfulwaffle 04-18-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awfulwaffle (Post 48319369)
No words are necessary. Hossa is fine, and Nash took back his comments made when the hit first happened.

Can't edit, didn't mean to put "Hossa is fine". But he did leave the hospital, which is a good sign hopefully.

InTOEWSweTrust 04-18-2012 11:37 AM

hawks released a statement, saying they expect him to make a full recovery, in a timetable yet to be determined.... prolly a concussion out of playoffs back next year, and i think the concussion would be from the way he hit the ice more so than the Hit itself.

pfp 04-18-2012 11:53 AM

I knew better than to take the comment seriously since in the pregame he (or was it the other homer doing the broadcast?) said Shaw deserved 10 games for the hit on Smith.

PhoPhan 04-18-2012 11:56 AM

Some clowns threatened him on Twitter. BFD.

InTOEWSweTrust 04-18-2012 11:57 AM

everyone is tough twitter, they got them tweet muscles.

Naurutger 04-18-2012 12:05 PM

Since it was on FSN+ your original thought is how did anyone find out about it. But when I was reading prohockeytalk (NBC website) they had a post about the comment and how absurd it was. So it must have gone viral after that. But at first, yes it did look clean. Then you see him on the ice and carted out and you have to revise your statement because he was carted out. He did exactly what I would have done if I was an announcer; but I am not.

Sciamachy 04-18-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pfp (Post 48320593)
I knew better than to take the comment seriously since in the pregame he (or was it the other homer doing the broadcast?) said Shaw deserved 10 games for the hit on Smith.

Sadly it was Nash that called for the 10 games. One of those moments where I was longing for the days of Strader and Pang in the booth.

Art.Vandelay 04-18-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InTOEWSweTrust (Post 48319795)
hawks released a statement, saying they expect him to make a full recovery, in a timetable yet to be determined.... prolly a concussion out of playoffs back next year, and i think the concussion would be from the way he hit the ice more so than the Hit itself.

When I saw the replace and they showed his head bounce off the ice, I winced. That was nasty.

gra 04-18-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan (Post 48320719)
Some clowns threatened him on Twitter. BFD.

Some would say this is a big deal considering the rise of such threats on twitter and facebook. In the case of Zimmermann dowe in Florida, Spike Lee tweeted what he felt was Zimmerman's address and it turned out to be the wrong address. As a result, the couple had to move to a hotel for a little bit in fear of their lives after the death threats they received.

Plus, we don't know the details of the threats as of yet. So far just rumors that both Nash's and Torres's address were posted in the threat. If that is true, then it is a BFD.

Naurutger 04-18-2012 12:17 PM

Very similar to the Kyle Williams death threats but I digress. Here is another article:

Quote:

Upon further review, Nash concedes that Torres left his feet and, if he could, he’d take back what he said.

However, he wouldn’t criticize the hit much further, and he thinks some onus should be put on Hossa for turning back to the play with his head down.
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ssa-was-clean/

PhoPhan 04-18-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AP (Post 48321329)
Some would say this is a big deal considering the rise of such threats on twitter and facebook. In the case of Zimmermann dowe in Florida, Spike Lee tweeted what he felt was Zimmerman's address and it turned out to be the wrong address. As a result, the couple had to move to a hotel for a little bit in fear of their lives after the death threats they received.

Plus, we don't know the details of the threats as of yet. So far just rumors that both Nash's and Torres's address were posted in the threat. If that is true, then it is a BFD.

No, this is completely different. Do I really need to explain why?

doaner 04-18-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InTOEWSweTrust (Post 48319001)
despite my enrage at the game last night, people make mistakes, and say things in the heat of the moment no need for death threats, however its less surprising if you live in chicago when the death threats to Bartman with the cubs so....its sad that some people cannot control themselves

Chicago doesn't seem like a classy place. They are on my no travel list now.

PhoPhan 04-18-2012 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doaner (Post 48322077)
Chicago doesn't seem like a classy place. They are on my no travel list now.

Every city has idiots. Chicago's a great place.

doaner 04-18-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan (Post 48322183)
Every city has idiots. Chicago's a great place.

I'm sure Mexico has some nice countrysides, but I will not subject my young children to the possibility of violence.

zz 04-18-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doaner (Post 48322275)
I'm sure Mexico has some nice countrysides, but I will not subject my young children to the possibility of violence.

Is Chicago really much worse than Phoenix metro when comes to violence? :help:

I love Chicago. Take out the winters, and it's a kick-ass city.

TeamTippett 04-18-2012 12:31 PM

I think now I might just put Hawks fans (its a generalization) above Wings fans on my ****** meter. Really? Death threats?

PhoPhan 04-18-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doaner (Post 48322275)
I'm sure Mexico has some nice countrysides, but I will not subject my young children to the possibility of violence.

Then it sounds like your paranoia is going to keep your kids from seeing anything other than Mt. Rushmore.

doaner 04-18-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz (Post 48322593)
Is Chicago really much worse than Phoenix metro when comes to violence? :help:

I love Chicago. Take out the winters, and it's a kick-ass city.

I'd take Phoenix over Chicago everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Chicago is neck and neck with Detroit.

zz 04-18-2012 12:34 PM

I have a bad feeling about this thread. One anonymous comment by some jack-ass is now generalized to all Hawks fans and the whole city of Chicago?

Like someone said, I guess every group has its share of idiots...

gra 04-18-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan (Post 48322069)
No, this is completely different. Do I really need to explain why?

Nope, we will just leave it at that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz (Post 48322837)
I have a bad feeling about this thread. One anonymous comment by some jack-ass is now generalized to all Hawks fans and the whole city of Chicago?

Like someone said, I guess every group has its share of idiots...

That wasn't my attention of course. Outside of what I put in the GDT, Chicago is a place I have always wanted to visit and I like some of their food as well. I love Chicago Style Hot Dogs alot and the Deep Dish Pizza is great.

doaner 04-18-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan (Post 48322721)
Then it sounds like your paranoia is going to keep your kids from seeing anything other than Mt. Rushmore.

Mt Rushmore is the only nice place to visit???? Ummm. Disagree with ya there. I have been all over the world. My folks are well off and I was able to enjoy the experiences I have had.

My mom worked for delta and was stationed there. My dad went to Loyola in Chicago. I know enough about it to not go there. Especially after childish remarks made after a GAME!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.