HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   TotalOne NXG's.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1170579)

mug25 04-18-2012 12:03 PM

TotalOne NXG's....

Tried them on last night....these things are freaking LIGHT! I currently skate in the RBK 9K's and I considered those "light" but the NXG feels like it's 20-30% lighter.

Super stiff boot too...cant imagine how nice they'd feel once baked.

Anyone else considering them?

Saucy Dangles 04-18-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mug25 (Post 48321127)
Tried them on last night....these things are freaking LIGHT! I currently skate in the RBK 9K's and I considered those "light" but the NXG feels like it's 20-30% lighter.

Super stiff boot too...cant imagine how nice they'd feel once baked.

Anyone else considering them?

Honestly I like the ONE.9 better. I'm not a fan of the tongue on the NXG, or even Total One. But that could be because I'm an ol'school kinda of guy and like a traditional felt tongue. I wear my tongue on the outside and like it to have a little bit of flop and the NXG is a shaped/form fitting type tongue (with that adj. lace bite bar) which I've always hated. There really isn't a huge difference between the ONE.9 and the NXG's (Boot physical construction is the same) and for the extra $150 its just not worth it. Plus the lining on the NXG while comfortable looking, it doesn't look to be as durable as the ONE.9.

Just my 2cents. ;)

jorbjorb 04-19-2012 08:46 AM

I love the older supreme line look better. still need to try these skates for sure though.

AIREAYE 04-19-2012 10:35 AM

This tendon guard mobility thing is quite intriguing. You can definitely feel it flex even by walking around in it...imagine the mobility on ice. However, durability will be a concern for sure, especially with the multitude of people taking their skates off by pushing down on the guard...

Jarick 04-19-2012 10:44 AM

If I had a crap load of money, I'd love to try a custom pair of TO's, but the stock ones don't lock my heels in unfortunately.

AIREAYE 04-19-2012 11:06 AM

Same here Jarick lol. My heel locks well in D but too narrow in the forefoot. Moving to a EE is a bit better in the forefoot but my heel no longer locks. I would probably go with whatever heel width the D was in along with an E mid foot and a EE forefoot (though I don't know if that's possible).

ReverendAlBundy 04-19-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 48398311)
If I had a crap load of money, I'd love to try a custom pair of TO's, but the stock ones don't lock my heels in unfortunately.

Try to find some prostocks that have an A in the heel.

Jarick 04-19-2012 03:09 PM

I actually was a little too narrow for D width in the heel still (and it was tight up front). What is that then, AA/EE or something?

I'm happy with my Grafs for now and hopefully the next several years.

ReverendAlBundy 04-19-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 48410395)
I actually was a little too narrow for D width in the heel still (and it was tight up front). What is that then, AA/EE or something?

I'm happy with my Grafs for now and hopefully the next several years.

EA should be a good fit then.

mug25 04-24-2012 12:31 PM

Do the drain holes really make a difference? My 9K's have them so I dont really know what it's like NOT to have drain holes in skates...

The One.9's do not have em'.

Fanned On It 04-24-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarick (Post 48398311)

Man me neither... ugh the feeling of having narrow heels....

Sucks.

AIREAYE 04-24-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mug25 (Post 48740887)
Do the drain holes really make a difference? My 9K's have them so I dont really know what it's like NOT to have drain holes in skates...

The One.9's do not have em'.

I've heard that they do. I'm kind of in the same boat as you in that my S15s are vented. If you're ever curious, why not seal up the holes on one boot and compare after a game?

mug25 04-25-2012 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AIREAYE (Post 48756257)
I've heard that they do. I'm kind of in the same boat as you in that my S15s are vented. If you're ever curious, why not seal up the holes on one boot and compare after a game?

true. might give that a shot.

Saucy Dangles 04-25-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mug25 (Post 48784921)
true. might give that a shot.

Interesting, my 9k's 2007-08 editions had them though I'm not sure if the newer style did. Honestly you could drill your own holes, just use a good bit (diamond or titanium) and one that is small. Space the holes out descently and usually no more then 3-4 (line or diamond pattern). I use to do that way back in JR's (as well as for customers when I ran a pro-shop myself) when skates didn't come with vents/drains. It was something I noticed all the NHL/Minor Trainers doing to the players skates. Though they did it so that when they were on the skate dryer it could vent.

WolfonIce 04-29-2012 03:37 AM

i dont know man they look funky, i like the total one looks better, but the nxgs ecombined the apx and total ones features into one making it the super skate. I like the vapor/apx lines looks

AIREAYE 04-29-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WolfonIce (Post 49004279)
i dont know man they look funky, i like the total one looks better, but the nxgs ecombined the apx and total ones features into one making it the super skate. I like the vapor/apx lines looks

You're mistaken.

jollybear 05-01-2012 07:53 PM

just had my nxg`s profiled and am skating on them tomorrow for the first time....I'll let you know. Was on X60`s previous