HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   GDT: ECQF Game 4 | 4/19/12 | 7pm EDT | Panthers VS Devils | TV: NHLNet, FSNF, TSN2, MSG+ (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1170823)

Panthers Rock 04-18-2012 04:58 PM

ECQF Game 4 | 4/19/12 | 7pm EDT | Panthers VS Devils | TV: NHLNet, FSNF, TSN2, MSG+

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/...81-430x296.jpg
Tonight, your Southeast Division Champion Florida Panthers take on the New Jersey Devils in Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals! Game time at 7:00 EST live from Prudential Center!

http://hockey.ballparks.com/NHL/NewJ...newaerial2.jpg

Never Give Up, Never Surrender

Watch And Listen
TV: Live on NHL Network, TSN2, FSN Florida and MSG+.
Internet/Radio: Listen Live on NHL Gamecenter
560 WQAM, South Florida's Sports Leader

:panthers

VS

:devils

ECQF Series
Panthers Lead Series 2-1

Injuries
New Jersey:
Player Date Of Incident Status Injury
Henrik Tallinder 2012-01-17 on injured reserve and is out indefinitely blood clot in left leg
Jacob Josefson 2012-04-04 expected to miss 4-6 weeks broken left wrist

Florida:
Player Date Of Incident Status Injury
Matt Bradley 2012-02-20 on injured reserve and is out indefinitely upper body
Jack Skille 2012-03-10 expected to miss the remainder of the season shoulder surgery

Line Combinations (Subject To Change)
New Jersey:
LW C RW
Zach PariseTravis ZajacIlya Kovalchuk
Petr SykoraPatrik EliasDainius Zubrus
Alexei PonikarovskyAdam HenriqueDavid Clarkson
Ryan CarterStephen GiontaSteve Bernier

LDRD
Bryce SalvadorMarek Zidlicky
Andy GreeneMark Fayne
Anton VolchenkovPeter Harrold

Florida:
LW C RW
Tomas FleischmannStephen WeissKris Versteeg
Sean BergenheimMarcel GocMikael Samuelsson
Jerred SmithsonShawn MatthiasScottie Upshall
Marco SturmJohn MaddenTomas Kopecky

LDRD
Jason GarrisonBrian Campbell
Dmitry KulikovMike Weaver
Ed JovanovskiErik Gudbranson

Expected Starting Goaltenders (Subject To Change) with Playoff Stats
New Jersey: http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/0262.gif
Martin Brodeur
GP W L GAA SV% SO
3113.40 .8690

VS.

Florida: http://pics.forecaster.ca/nhl-player/1414.gif
Scott Clemmensen
GP W L GAA SV% SO
110 0.00 1.0000

Team Leaders
New Jersey:
CategoryPlayerAmount
GoalsPatrik Elias2
AssistsDavid Clarkson2
PointsPatrik Elias/Dainius Zubrus/Ilya Kovalchuk/David Clarkson/Zach Parise2
+/-Bryce Salvador+4
PIMPatrik Elias4
WinsMartin Brodeur1
GAAJohan Hedberg1.67
SV%Johan Hedberg9.29
ShutoutsMartin Brodeur/Johan Hedberg0

Florida:
CategoryPlayerAmount
GoalsStephen Weiss/Sean Bergenheim2
AssistsMikael Samuelsson4
PointsMikael Samuelsson/Sean Bergenheim4
+/-Mike Weaver/Tomas Fleischmann/Kris Versteeg+1
PIMSean Bergenheim/Wojtek Wolski/Kris Versteeg/Shawn Matthias4
WinsJose Theodore/Scott Clemmensen1
GAAScott Clemmensen0.00
SV%Scott Clemmensen1.000
ShutoutsJose Theodore/Scott Clemmensen0

The Story So Far

Through 3 games in the Eastern Conference Quarterfinals, the Florida Panthers have suddenly taken a 2-1 series lead over the New Jersey Devils as it will go to at least 5 games.

The Devils opened the series with a 3 goal 1st period outburst that broke the record for most shots allowed in a playoff game period by the Panthers. The Panthers responded in the 2nd with a 2 goal comeback attempt but fell short in a lifeless 3rd.

In Game 2, the Panthers, still at home, came out early by scoring the fastest goal in Panthers playoff history, and the fastest playoff powerplay goal since 1987. From there, the Cats built a 3-0 lead, only to watch it also shrink to 3-2 in the 3rd. Somehow, they held on to win their first playoff game since 1997.

In Game 3, the Devils roared to another commanding 3-0 lead, but coach Kevin Dineen helped stop the bloodshed by replacing Jose Theodore with Scott Clemmensen, Brodeur's former backup. Then the powerplays started and so did the Panthers. 3 powerplay chances were given to them and all 3 were capitalized on, exposing the Devils' PK and Brodeur in the process, chasing him from net. Even Mike Weaver got himself his first goal in over a year even strength. The battle between Hedberg and Clem raged on, but the Panthers found themselves victorious.

Tonight in Game 4, the Panthers have a chance to really start to put a dagger in the series, with a shot at taking a commanding 3-1 series lead.

News And Notes

Primary Target
http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...mage/image.jpg
Ilya Kovalchuk, once the great goalscorer for a doomed Atlanta Thrashers franchise, he made his way up to New Jersey where he also tried to improve his defensive game. The balance has helped, but he's also been caught cheating on penalty kills. While he's been contributing offensively, he'll have to do more to stave off going down 3-1 in the series.

Red Hot Cat Of The Night
http://beyondthebets.com/wp-content/...m-Panthers.jpg
Sean Bergenheim has 2 points in his last 2 games, 4 points overall in these 3 playoff games so far.

Tonight, Game 4...

LET'S GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!
:yo::wave::fight::hit:

canucks22 04-18-2012 05:02 PM

Awesome game thread! What a comeback last night...let's go Cats, make it 3 in a row

SoupyFIN 04-18-2012 05:03 PM

A random thing that popped to my head, Bergy is the first player to make the playoffs with both Florida teams on consecutive years- yes, no?

JPG 04-18-2012 05:26 PM

hey i put the never give up never surrender comment on the game 3 thread when we scored our first goal :D

KW 04-18-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupyFIN (Post 48335107)
A random thing that popped to my head, Bergy is the first player to make the playoffs with both Florida teams on consecutive years- yes, no?

No idea, Chris Gratton didn't do it for sure (or maybe he's one of those who on consecutive seasons DIDN'T make the playoffs in either...)

What a great stat though. It's the kind baseball keeps. Hockey stats are low on finesse factor.

JPG 04-18-2012 05:29 PM

man, I think the top NJ forwards are really good but when they get behind PDB uses them like a madman. As far as coaching goes I hope we score one early, because then he's going to go nuts and overplay them and tire them out.

JPG 04-18-2012 05:40 PM

Also, kind of interesting to me, Huberdeau has been posting on twitter that he's watching all of our playoff games. Makes me happy to know he's genuinely excited about being a Panther.

TheEkbombIsReal 04-18-2012 05:54 PM

Yeah I noticed that aswell, it seemed like the only line that was out was NJD first line lol.

Another long night tomorrow, let's hope it'll be worth it.

adam graves 04-18-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canucks22 (Post 48335063)
Awesome game thread! What a comeback last night...let's go Cats, make it 3 in a row

Thx!

How's our friend David doing in his first playoff games???

jglenn001 04-18-2012 06:10 PM

Galaxy Quest!:laugh: Love that movie.. Great GDT. LETS GO CATS!!

adam graves 04-18-2012 06:17 PM

Ps 241 writes

jets fan coming in peace. I said it when you won the division that your team deserved it based on the consistant play from the beginning of the year. congrats on the gutzy comeback win....Panthers have a similar GDT vibe as the Jets....get down big and watch the board melt down the cue the comeback and watch the fans go through epic mood swing. as I have said on many occasions I think HFBoards are missing the boat by not having GDT's sponsored by a big Pharma company with an effective mood stabilizing drug (only half joking).....

Thx for the good wishes we have a number of jet fans bandwagoning feel free to join us.

FlaPnthrsPunk 04-18-2012 06:55 PM

This would be huge to get a win in this game and go back home to have a chance of winning the series. I just don't like the horrible starts as we had in Games 1 and 3. I also never feel safe even with a large lead as in Game 2, the Devils almost came back. We just need a 60 minute effort and not play period by period.

angry_treefrog 04-18-2012 07:26 PM

Love the GDT PR, but you have to give Bergenheim some love -

He has two goals to match Weiss & 4 points to match Samuelsson.

You should also create a "stupid penalty" category and list him there too. :D

Lola 04-18-2012 08:01 PM

Still catching up on my reading from our glorious victory last night! :handclap:

Major props for the Skillet video! My favorite band!!! :handclap::handclap::handclap:

Panthers Rock 04-18-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 48341945)
Love the GDT PR, but you have to give Bergenheim some love -

He has two goals to match Weiss & 4 points to match Samuelsson.

You should also create a "stupid penalty" category and list him there too. :D

Done, except for the last part :P

Jeff Shafer 04-18-2012 10:25 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftUR6AFTNMA

Can someone post this as a video I thought it'd be funny lol.

RainingRats 04-18-2012 10:50 PM

Smithson looked good. I forgot about him. He's physical and reliable. You know what you're going to get with him. Whereas Wolski is a dice roll.

CatscratchFever 04-18-2012 11:07 PM

Driving home from work today, many of the usual random thoughts shuffled though my mind, when this one made me stop and contemplate. The Panthers need 2 wins out of 4 games to advance. That rocks! LGP!

gizmo12688 04-18-2012 11:36 PM

Gonna watch this game at Duffy's. Need to be surrounded by some fans :)

Ekblast 04-18-2012 11:44 PM

Man.....

I'm taking students to the Arsht Center to see Romeo and Juliet: The Opera. Will completely miss this game.

Can't bail on my kids.

LGP!

TimHortons 04-19-2012 12:09 AM

Going to be in attendance and supporting our Cats. Hopefully they can pull out another win in Jersey. Anyone else going to be there? RR?

Beezer 04-19-2012 07:20 AM

Puck possession is going to be key tonight!!!!

LUUUUUIS 04-19-2012 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beezer (Post 48391649)
Puck possession is going to be key tonight!!!!

Maybe we need a new set of avatars? Something like the Penguins' "Shirt Off".

Face... Off... Playoffs!
"It's the Playoffs. Win the face-off!"

Egblad 04-19-2012 08:13 AM

Pete uses Kovalchuk like mad. Much much more than he does anybody else it seems. Trying to get their moneys worth on that contract haha.

angry_treefrog 04-19-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Booootthh (Post 48392273)
Pete uses Kovalchuk like mad. Much much more than he does anybody else it seems. Trying to get their moneys worth on that contract haha.

I hope he keeps doing it. An exhausted Kovalchuk is less dangerous.