HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Ottawa Senators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Injury Report: Winchester - day to day (upper body injury) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1171301)

Caeldan 04-18-2012 10:09 PM

Winchester - day to day (upper body injury)

Just heard on CBC that Winchester is being evaluated tomorrow?

Anyone notice anything/recall anything?
I missed whatever it was that caused this.

RT @FriedgeHNIC: Jesse Winchester will not return, upper body. #hnic
timouimet 21:46web

Liliaceae 04-18-2012 10:11 PM

I missed it too. Poor Winny. :(

N Bahn Ahden 04-18-2012 10:11 PM

The fear is obviously concussion, given his history and it being called upper body.

Shanny 04-18-2012 10:12 PM

missed it as well, But I wouldn't be surprised to see one of Klinkhammer, Daugavins, or Hoffman in the lineup for game 5 now.

mianjo 04-18-2012 10:14 PM

Winchester is a center, the only 2 centers on the Black aces with NHL experience is Hoffman and Da Costa

mcnorth 04-18-2012 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mianjo (Post 48375713)
Winchester is a center, the only 2 centers on the Black aces with NHL experience is Hoffman and Da Costa

Don't think it matters, lots of centers playing right now.

Shanny 04-18-2012 10:17 PM

Quote:

so just roll with this then for game 5:

X-Spezza-Michalek
Foligno-Turris-Butler
Greening-Smith-Neil
O'Brien-Konopka-Condra/Klinkhammer/Daugavins/Hoffman/Petersson/Da Costa

Countdown0 04-18-2012 10:23 PM

Hope he's okay. :( Winnie just never stops working in the game. ♥'s for Jersse, thoughts are with him.

playasRus 04-18-2012 10:33 PM

He's been a warrior for us this playoffs. Always seems to come out with the puck in scrums, helps with maintaining possession in the offensive end.
Hope he's ok!

Icelevel 04-18-2012 10:35 PM

He was awesome last playoffs too. Great playoff guy. Hope he's ok

Pietraneglo222 04-18-2012 10:36 PM

He saved the game on that one play too.

Quo 04-18-2012 10:36 PM

The dreaded "upper-body injury". Not good. Hope he's back safe.

SensAreReligion 04-18-2012 10:52 PM

he had the play of the game though.

benjiv1 04-18-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

I know Zibanejad was called up with the Black Aces, but is he not practicing?

danishh 04-18-2012 11:05 PM

really dont like to hear "upper body" from a guy who's just back from a concussion. Upper body is often code for migraines.

SensHero 04-19-2012 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 48380681)
really dont like to hear "upper body" from a guy who's just back from a concussion. Upper body is often code for migraines.

It's another concussion. Not sure how severe at the moment, but he took a long time to recover from the last one.

Kickabrat 04-19-2012 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensHero (Post 48395619)
It's another concussion. Not sure how severe at the moment, but he took a long time to recover from the last one.

has this been confirmed?

N Bahn Ahden 04-19-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kickabrat (Post 48396991)
has this been confirmed?

Nothing on twitter that I've seen.

SensHero 04-19-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kickabrat (Post 48396991)
has this been confirmed?

Not publicly.

Berserker* 04-19-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

Konopka and O'Brien are centers as well, so we don't necessarily need to replace winchester with another center. Hoffman would be a good option. If we are looking from the black aces, we could also consider Stone and Dziurzynski. Both guys have solid size and grit and are decent at taking draws if need be. They also have decent offensive skills ,Stone much more so than Dziurzynski, so they might be able to generate some offence in a bottom six role.

aragorn 04-19-2012 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruiser (Post 48403829)
Konopka and O'Brien are centers as well, so we don't necessarily need to replace winchester with another center. Hoffman would be a good option. If we are looking from the black aces, we could also consider Stone and Dziurzynski. Both guys have solid size and grit and are decent at taking draws if need be. They also have decent offensive skills ,Stone much more so than Dziurzynski, so they might be able to generate some offence in a bottom six role.

Klinkhammer could also be another option for Maclean & since he has been up with Ottawa & playing for a while he could get first crack at replacing Winchester. Daugavins is another guy waiting to get back into the lineup, I think Maclean is the kind of coach that will give the guys who have played with Ottawa already this yr a shot before Stone & DD, but I like both of those guys too.

God Says No 04-19-2012 01:38 PM

daugavins, klinkhammer, black aces

that's the order of the replacements.

Berserker* 04-19-2012 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God Says No (Post 48406005)
daugavins, klinkhammer, black aces

that's the order of the replacements.

Well Maclean almost played Hoffman last game so that isn't necessarily the order. But other than that incident, that is likely the order. I guess the main reason to play Stone or Hoffman is that they are more offensively talented than Daugavins and Klinkhammer. With Alfie injured and Spezza not making much of an impact offensively, the Maclean might be looking for a player to help stimulate some offence. Stone and Hoffman are two players that have the grit to compete against the rangers while having considerable amounts of offensive skill.

Although with the loss of Winchester, we will likely need a pker. That means Duagavins, Klinkhammer and then possibly Dziurzynski.

God Says No 04-19-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruiser (Post 48406401)
Well Maclean almost played Hoffman last game so that isn't necessarily the order. But other than that incident, that is likely the order. I guess the main reason to play Stone or Hoffman is that they are more offensively talented than Daugavins and Klinkhammer. With Alfie injured and Spezza not making much of an impact offensively, the Maclean might be looking for a player to help stimulate some offence. Stone and Hoffman are two players that have the grit to compete against the rangers while having considerable amounts of offensive skill.

Although with the loss of Winchester, we will likely need a pker. That means Duagavins, Klinkhammer and then possibly Dziurzynski.

that was exactly my rationale in terms of replacing winchester.

newtron 04-20-2012 10:32 AM

Any concussion confirmation? Anyone know when it happened???