HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   GDT: Playoff Discussion Thread VIII - Second Round Match-ups Set (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1171443)

s7ark 04-19-2012 12:04 AM

Playoff Discussion Thread VIII - Second Round Match-ups Set

Time for a new thread, continue here

Some of the last few posts.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philly85 (Post 48384437)
Daniel Sedin is a gamechanger. Van playing with much better, more noticeable swag. Schneider is also, IMO, a much better goaltender than Luongo. Athletic, great on angles and positioning and very good rebound control. He's just better, plain and simply.

I can easily see Van coming back from 0-3 to win the series. LA better hope they can win game 6. Yes, game 6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelus (Post 48384511)
How dismissive did fantard Hughson sound there "no they hit the post"?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo (Post 48384623)
0-3 comebacks are rare in NHL history but a few teams have made it interesting post-lockout and one completed the task.

The Kings failed to test Daniel Sedin tonight. I'm not talking about cheap shotting him... they just haven't challenged him at all. Secondary assist on the Edler goal and another on Henrik's goal. His presence has been felt BIG TIME. The Kings are in trouble.

Definitely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by enthropi (Post 48384695)
Haha, WTF, no, Vancouver does not have the character it takes to mount a 0-3 comeback. LA Kings have more rings on their team, and many more players that have gone to a SCF before, there is no way they fall apart to that level IMO.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OilerNut (Post 48384807)
I like how Hughson is acting like the Canucks are a lock to win this series now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo (Post 48384961)
Haha, who? Penner and Fraser? :laugh:

Anyway, I'm just concerned. I didn't want to see Vancouver get any momentum or confidence tonight and the Kings let a lot of bad things happen. Two powerplay goals against and they only scored one goal. Again. The Canucks are going back to Vancouver with a tonne of arrogance and swagger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamon77 (Post 48385021)
The Canucks love fest is pretty subtle

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angelus (Post 48385047)
He is just beside himself right now, straining to hold in his glee like a squealing 12-year-old fangirl who just met Taylor Lautner

Really, Hughson? Comparing this game to Pittsburgh demolishing the Flyers earlier today?

CBC please get rid of this tool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatKeith (Post 48385215)
Scuderi and Williams... Not sure about anyone else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by I am the Liquor (Post 48385347)
It wouldnt surprise me if they did.

They certainly are capable.

Especially with Schneider playing well and Daniel back in the lineup.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo (Post 48385395)
Ah, I forgot about those two. It's easy to forget about Williams because he's been flipping invisible.

Anyway, all of the rings in the world don't mean a damn thing if they can't put the puck past Schneider.

enthropi 04-19-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo (Post 48384961)
Haha, who? Penner and Fraser? :laugh:

Anyway, I'm just concerned. I didn't want to see Vancouver get any momentum or confidence tonight and the Kings let a lot of bad things happen. Two powerplay goals against and they only scored one goal. Again. The Canucks are going back to Vancouver with a tonne of arrogance and swagger.

Williams and Scuderi as well, but more importantly, their "inexperienced" players look very hungry too, Quick is still stellar, this isn't the making of a team that can fall completely apart to me, which is what has to happen to lose a 3-0 series lead, I can't see it happening.

Also, the book is known on the Canucks and with players like Richards, Brown and Carter, the Kings can easily play the type of games that make the Canucks fold. This is more than just statistically unlikely to me, the ingredients aren't there on either side of the teams.

Moonlapse Vertigo 04-19-2012 12:08 AM

Statistically, it's unlikely, but scoring one goal a game isn't a recipe for success either. If the Kings haven't cracked the two goal barrier by the second period in Game Five it's time to get worried.

McRib 04-19-2012 12:10 AM

Schneider isn't the god people make him out to be, and Daniel isn't either. LA got away from their bread and butter and played Vancouver's style of game and got beat.

If LA brings the physicality next game, it's done in 5.

Also: Exhibit one as to why I hate Canucks fans... On my facebook a diehard posted "If game 4 is any indication, the cup is coming home."

To which I replied "To come home would imply it was there to begin with."

Replacement 04-19-2012 12:10 AM

Canucks saved by the schedule. Who designed this ****?

Long break before game 4, now the Nucks get 4 days rest before the game on Sunday.

Meaning that ONE game has been played between last Sunday and next Sunday.

This is the only thing keeping the Nucks alive in this series.

The Kings have specifically been banging the Nucks D every chance they get all series to take a toll on the NUcks D. The only thing that gives the nucks any chance of recovery is getting huge scheduling breaks, which they got.

Bushleague ****ing crap scheduling.

jumptheshark 04-19-2012 12:12 AM

schedule sucks

Moonlapse Vertigo 04-19-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Replacement (Post 48386073)
Canucks saved by the schedule. Who designed this ****?

Long break before game 4, now the Nucks get 4 days rest before the game on Sunday.

Meaning that ONE game has been played between last Sunday and next Sunday.

This is the only thing keeping the Nucks alive in this series.

The Kings have specifically been banging the Nucks D every chance they get all series to take a toll on the NUcks D. The only thing that gives the nucks any chance of recovery is getting huge scheduling breaks, which they got.

Bushleague ****ing crap scheduling.

What. The. ****.

I didn't even realize that there was an even longer break in between 4 and 5.

The Canucks definitely have a chance now. **** you, NHL. Are they gunning for Stanley Cup Final games in July now??

Replacement 04-19-2012 12:16 AM

Big ****ing talk from the Canucks homers right now.

But LA dominated a game in which they very nearly swept the Nucks outplaying, outshooting, and outmuscling them all over the ice.

Nucks as usual ******** themselves at the end of the game and only saved by Brown blowing a penalty shot and the Kings hitting 2 posts.

Any of the Kings MANY opportunities to close gap go in and the Nucks would've been going into catatonic seizures.

Oh wait they were.

Zero composure and Nucks panicking and falling down all over the ice. Almost willing the Kings to end their misery.

GreatKeith 04-19-2012 12:19 AM

A 4 day break is practically unheard of.

I am the Liquor 04-19-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoobs (Post 48386071)
Schneider isn't the god people make him out to be, and Daniel isn't either. LA got away from their bread and butter and played Vancouver's style of game and got beat.

If LA brings the physicality next game, it's done in 5.

Also: Exhibit one as to why I hate Canucks fans... On my facebook a diehard posted "If game 4 is any indication, the cup is coming home."

To which I replied "To come home would imply it was there to begin with."

While agree with your recipe for the King's success, the refs may just put a stop to it, and send them one by one to the box, allowing the Sedaliens and Ryan Horcoff to weave their black magic on the pp.

Moonlapse Vertigo 04-19-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Replacement (Post 48386393)
Big ****ing talk from the Canucks homers right now.

But LA dominated a game in which they very nearly swept the Nucks outplaying, outshooting, and outmuscling them all over the ice.

Nucks as usual ******** themselves at the end of the game and only saved by Brown blowing a penalty shot and the Kings hitting 2 posts.

Any of the Kings MANY opportunities to close gap go in and the Nucks would've been going into catatonic seizures.

Oh wait they were.

Zero composure and Nucks panicking and falling down all over the ice. Almost willing the Kings to end their misery.

I turned the channel after Brown fluffed on the penalty shot. I've watched too much hockey and I know what happens after a missed penalty shot in the playoffs.

Bottomline, the Kings outplayed and outmuscled the Canucks all night but they can't score and the Canucks got two lucky goals. Game over.

Replacement 04-19-2012 12:23 AM

NHL playoffs have been pre-empted by ****ing lame Coldplay playing Rogers on Friday and Saturday night. I had to check. I was positive it was probably some stupid ass **** like this.

maybe they can play a special version of "Clocks" in remembrance of the Nucks dynasty years..

Looks like a whole weekend of whiny ass tears at Rogers this weekend..

Moonlapse Vertigo 04-19-2012 12:25 AM

Blah. I'm a lot madder than I should be considering that the Kings are up 3-1. That says a lot about the momentum shift that happened in tonight's game. FIND SOME GOALS KINGS!!!

Moonlapse Vertigo 04-19-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Replacement (Post 48386749)
NHL playoffs have been pre-empted by ****ing lame Coldplay playing Rogers on Friday and Saturday night. I had to check. I was positive it was probably some stupid ass **** like this.

maybe they can play a special version of "Clocks" in remembrance of the Nucks dynasty years..

Just one more reason to hate Coldplay.

Replacement 04-19-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo (Post 48387063)
Just one more reason to hate Coldplay.

Coldplay and the Canucks were kind of made for each other.

posers

Jepprey 04-19-2012 12:36 AM

All I gotta say is... Doughty needs to step the hell up!

Fuhryous 04-19-2012 12:37 AM

To me, that penalty Frasor took deflated the Kings a bit. Long enough for Van to score two quick goals and that was it, especially with the puck luck Schneider got, three posts or something like that. Each goalie stole a game in L.A., but I think the pressure is all on Van to play well at home so hopefully L.A. can get out to a quick jump.

Simpson seemed to think Sedin's elbow will be reviewed...it won't happen, but I would laugh if he was suspended for game 5.

czar99 04-19-2012 12:43 AM

Sweet!:D

xlnc66 04-19-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuhryous (Post 48387315)
I read online Cold Play is playing two shows back to back on Friday and Saturday in Vancouver which is why there is no game until Sunday.

To me, that penalty Frasor took deflated the Kings a bit. Long enough for Van to score two quick goals and that was it, especially with the puck luck Schneider got, three posts or something like that. Each goalie stole a game in L.A., but I think the pressure is all on Van to play well at home so hopefully L.A. can get out to a quick jump.

Simpson seemed to think Sedin's elbow will be reviewed...it won't happen, but I would laugh if he was suspended for game 5.

Yeah, Fraser's stupid penalty was a turning point, especially when the Canucks capitalized on it. Brown not scoring on the penalty shot was huge as well as Henrik came right back and got the insurance goal. LA needs to start producing on their own pp, as it's gone 0/11 in the last 2 games.

Fuhryous 04-19-2012 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Replacement (Post 48387187)
Coldplay and the Canucks were kind of made for each other.

posers

I kind of feel the same about U2 and Cold Play. Every song sounds the exact same to me...can't stand either band.

Eytinge 04-19-2012 12:52 AM

Canucks get even more time to rest up their injuries. Crazy.

OilerNut* 04-19-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Replacement (Post 48386749)

I keep asking myself. Does coldplay really have that many fans that they can do 2 concerts in a big stadium like that?

OilerNut* 04-19-2012 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fuhryous (Post 48387579)
I kind of feel the same about U2 and Cold Play. Every song sounds the exact same to me...can't stand either band.

old Green Day pre American Idiot was good.

RipsADrive 04-19-2012 12:55 AM

Frustrating game made even more brutal to watch by being forced to listen to Hughson's schoolgirl giggles as the Canucks closed out the third.

I feel that game could easily have gone to the Kings. Plenty of barely missed chances while the Canucks got some fortunate deflections and a rebound that caromed perfectly onto Sedin's stick. I'm glad to see others are pissed about the scheduling, there's no way there should be a 4 day break in the middle of a playoff series especially after getting 2 in a row off after game 3.

awesomo 04-19-2012 01:07 AM

i didnt expect teh sweep.

but im not gonna lie, itll be hard to win 4 straight against the kings

especially how good quick is right now