HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The History of Hockey in Nashville (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1171737)

tarheelhockey 04-19-2012 12:07 PM

The History of Hockey in Nashville

I'm sure you guys have discussed this before, but I couldn't find the thread.

I have the day off and happened to catch this documentary on FSS. What a great story and a great promotion for the team and city. It's great to see the Preds developing not only their own fan culture, but now a second-generation sense of inheritance from the past.

Just wanted to let you guys know that a lot of fans in Raleigh are pulling for you as the "Southern Hockey" representative in this year's playoffs (the Panthers don't count). Best of luck and I hope you have a nice long run.

TMI 04-19-2012 12:47 PM

Thanks for coming around, tarheel. I always enjoy your posts :yo:

Joe T Choker 04-19-2012 01:22 PM

tarheelhockey ... thanks, Raleigh & Nashville seem like a sister city match around the mid south ... enjoyed my time their last year as the Canes beat the Penguins on a black out night 4-1, enjoyed some beer & some barbecue and your fine city

ChesterCopperpot1* 04-19-2012 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheelhockey (Post 48401583)
I'm sure you guys have discussed this before, but I couldn't find the thread.

I have the day off and happened to catch this documentary on FSS. What a great story and a great promotion for the team and city. It's great to see the Preds developing not only their own fan culture, but now a second-generation sense of inheritance from the past.

Just wanted to let you guys know that a lot of fans in Raleigh are pulling for you as the "Southern Hockey" representative in this year's playoffs (the Panthers don't count). Best of luck and I hope you have a nice long run.

Lol of course the Panthers don't count, 90% of the people in Florida are Yankees or from Cuba. They don't know what biscuits and gravy are

golfmade 04-20-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vandyfan84 (Post 48432441)
Lol of course the Panthers don't count, 90% of the people in Florida are Yankees or from Cuba. They don't know what biscuits and gravy are

God, haven't had good biscuits and gravy in... dunno how long... :cry:

tarheelhockey 04-20-2012 09:40 PM

Looks like a bit more history has been made. ;) Congrats and good luck.

golfmade 04-20-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheelhockey (Post 48487305)
Looks like a bit more history has been made. ;) Congrats and good luck.

Cheers, thanks tarheel! :cheers:

DocBrown 04-20-2012 10:16 PM

wow, I would love to watch this documentary, is it online anywhere?

PS: Also pulling for you guys!

ChesterCopperpot1* 04-20-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfmade (Post 48473601)
God, haven't had good biscuits and gravy in... dunno how long... :cry:

And I thought vegas was bad, couldn't imagine what it's like in Taiwan. I am ready to move back to te souf

Carolinas Identity 04-21-2012 12:26 AM

F***ing amazing series guys. North Car'lina's got your back, and wish ya'll nothing but the best as you bring the cup back south of the Mason-Dixon :handclap::handclap::handclap::yo::yo::yo:

kypredsfan 04-21-2012 12:58 AM

I wish people on the main board could watch the documentary. It shows that some of our traditions started long, long ago. There was hockey in nashville way before the Preds, something I didn't even know until a few years ago. A great watch for any hockey fan.

gratefulpred 04-21-2012 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocBrown (Post 48489477)
wow, I would love to watch this documentary, is it online anywhere?

What he said. Having Direct TV in far western Kentucky means no FS-TN other than the games themselves, no pregame and no History of Hockey in Nashville. For that matter with us being on to Round 2 and Pete and Terry not doing anything but radio for the remainder, I can probably drop FS-TN and FS-SO from the channel guide until October. Would love to find it online...any ideas?

ChesterCopperpot1* 04-21-2012 11:06 AM

I would love to find it online...I don't have fstn

nine_inch_fang 04-21-2012 12:16 PM

I've got it on my directv dvr. If anybody knows how to get that moved to computer to be uploaded let me know.

tarheelhockey 04-21-2012 08:19 PM

Just a thought, but if the rights are owned by the Preds or the NHL they might respond to a simple request to put it on YouTube.

quoth the Raven 04-22-2012 12:17 AM

Will this be aired again?

Bongo 04-23-2012 11:12 AM

Other than yelling during the anthem, what's the relation between the Nashville knights and the Atlanta Knights? The Ice Queen played in Tampa when she was with the Atlanta team.