HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Betts Hurt Again (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=117184)

BDubinskyNYR17* 12-07-2004 01:17 PM

Betts Hurt Again
 
Betts went down to block two shots during a 4-on-3 Monarchs power play, then reinjured his right shoulder with 7:45 left when he slammed into the boards after missing a check on Michael Cammalleri.


http://www.ctnow.com/sports/hockey/h...adlines-hockey

FLYLine24* 12-07-2004 02:57 PM

:shakehead :shakehead

Balej20* 12-07-2004 03:57 PM

How long do they say he's gonna be out?

Brooklyn Ranger 12-07-2004 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balej20
How long do they say he's gonna be out?

Clicking on the link so thoughtfully provided by JOrtmeyer41 will tell you....*

Still haven't registered? Maybe it's time.






*it doesn't say.

Son of Steinbrenner 12-07-2004 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Clicking on the link so thoughtfully provided by JOrtmeyer41 will tell you....*

Still haven't registered? Maybe it's time.






*it doesn't say.

www.bugmenot.com

Levitate 12-07-2004 05:39 PM

I just heard betts has a dislocated shoulder, not sure how long he'll be out. he REALLY needs to stop slamming into the boards...apparently he was trying to avoid another player and crashed into the boards or something like that...

pck is out for 4-5 weeks with his ankle injury (sprain)

ulmer is also out 1-2 weeks with a shoulder injury

http://www.hartfordwolfpackhockey.co...s/Packnews.htm

FLYLine24* 12-07-2004 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner


Great site :handclap: :handclap:

FLYLine24* 12-07-2004 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitate
I just heard betts has a dislocated shoulder, not sure how long he'll be out. he REALLY needs to stop slamming into the boards...apparently he was trying to avoid another player and crashed into the boards or something like that...

pck is out for 4-5 weeks with his ankle injury (sprain)

ulmer is also out 1-2 weeks with a shoulder injury

http://www.hartfordwolfpackhockey.co...s/Packnews.htm

I dont think it will really matter...players slam into the boards all the time...but if he is going to get hurt everytime he does then I wouldnt be really considering him NHL bound ever. Sure he might get a game or 2..but one hit from a big guy into the boards would just put him back on the IR...or they have to get to the point where they tell him "We can just pop it right back in for you with extreme pain..but you'll be playing agian in no time" because he sure is going to dislocate this thing a lot more in the future.

Balej20* 12-07-2004 07:04 PM

Look like Pock and Betts have some injury issues...Doesnt look too good for these guys in the future, as this injury thing has become a habit for both these players thus far.

Graveytrain 12-07-2004 07:15 PM

Has Pock had problems with his ankle before? If not, you can't put him on the same level as Betts, who has had shoulder problems for years now and who's game relies heavily on that part of his body being healthy.

Pock will be fine, but if he needs to sit for 6 weeks or more so the ankle can strengthen fully, then that's what needs to be done... Betts, if he hasn't by now, will never recover

AG9NK35DT8* 12-07-2004 09:09 PM

I said it once and say it again, why in the hell did Sather take this kid I would have tried to include Lombardi or even Reinprecht, the deal could have been a little better.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 12-07-2004 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
I said it once and say it again, why in the hell did Sather take this kid I would have tried to include Lombardi or even Reinprecht, the deal could have been a little better.

What makes you think Slats could have got Reinprecht or Lombardi? He traded Simon, a decent, UFA to be role player, he didn't have his pick of the litter.

AG9NK35DT8* 12-07-2004 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
What makes you think Slats could have got Reinprecht or Lombardi? He traded Simon, a decent, UFA to be role player, he didn't have his pick of the litter.

What I actually mean is more of a deal could have been made to acquire one of them. Im not saying trade simon straight up for those guys, but, what I am saying is maybe a deal could have been made not to include Moore and Betts and just been some type of deal where CAL gets Simon and lets say a 3rd rounder in this recent years draft or next and NYR gets lombardi and lets say something like a 7th 8th rounder though they did get a 7th anyway.Maybe NYR including some weaker prospect in the deal could have helped.

TheZherdev 12-08-2004 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
What I actually mean is more of a deal could have been made to acquire one of them. Im not saying trade simon straight up for those guys, but, what I am saying is maybe a deal could have been made not to include Moore and Betts and just been some type of deal where CAL gets Simon and lets say a 3rd rounder in this recent years draft or next and NYR gets lombardi and lets say something like a 7th 8th rounder though they did get a 7th anyway.Maybe NYR including some weaker prospect in the deal could have helped.

obviously you do not understand the meaning of a fire sale. THe reason that teams took our over priced, out of prime players was to improve there chances in winning the playoffs. It was not like both teams were looking for a fair deal. Rangers were looking for a long term development player and calgary was looking for someone to contribute right there and then. i really think a lot of the posters on these boards over estimate the value of every player the rangers had b4 the fire sale.

Balej20* 12-08-2004 01:16 AM

Betts is a great player to have on your team if he could stay healthy. I think the gains out weigh the risk in this case with him. Maybe this shoulder thing will eventually clear up and he'll be able to play. If not...well, it's not like we really gave up much for him.

MrRuin 12-08-2004 06:35 AM

Pck has been injury free for the last two years AFAIK, so no chronical injuries are plaguing him.

He just has a very unlucky year thus far.

BDubinskyNYR17* 12-09-2004 10:52 PM

Betts Might Need Surgery
 
http://www.ctnow.com/sports/hockey/h...adlines-hockey

Murray Moves to Center

With Blair Betts and Layne Ulmer out with shoulder injuries, Garth Murray moved from left wing to center. He started on "The Roommate Line" with Alexandre Giroux and Jed Ortmeyer, who live together in Manchester. Murray later centered Ortmeyer and Trevor Gillies, who returned after missing four games with a lacerated arm. ... Betts had a MRI, but the results weren't immediately known. He might need a third surgery in as many years.

I feel bad for Betts. He is a hard working player and plays well the type of player we need. Its a shame that he is always hurts.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:05 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.