HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Injury Report: Parse Practicing (4/20/12 - Still Not Returning This Season) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1172547)

Capn Brown 04-20-2012 12:51 PM

Parse Practicing (4/20/12 - Still Not Returning This Season)

LoL! I did this last year. Last year I noted the ETA for Parse's arrival and gave an estimate on when he'd be back playing. Meanwhile, everybody shouted me down for being "wrong". And then Parse played!

And this year?

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/04/20...ice-update-36/

LoL, how many people in the other thread were stating emphatically that both myself AND Rich Hammond were "wrong" about the status of Parse?!

Martyros 04-20-2012 01:01 PM

Quite frankly, I don't want Parse to play. He was terrible last go around.

Holden Caulfield 04-20-2012 01:06 PM

He's only played 16 games in the last two years. I am a big Parse fan, but with the injuries his time and has come and gone with LA. He will get a shot out of camp somewhere else though and maybe not make it out of camp, but he will be in NHL next year, IMO. But not with LA.

But if he's healthy and LA has confidence in him as a #13, maybe they send Loktionov back to Manchester for their playoffs which start tonight?

topliner967 04-20-2012 01:07 PM

So he's part of the full, normal on ice practices now? That's good to hear, last thing I remember reading was him doing post-practice stuff (on ice).

Shellz 04-20-2012 01:08 PM

Parse actually started to play well before he went down.. it's very unfortunate that he can't stay healthy. Hopefully he gets another shot in the NHL with the Kings or with another team.

Gentle Ben Kenobi 04-20-2012 01:11 PM

All we are saying....is give Parse a chance! #hippie drums

123slam 04-20-2012 01:28 PM

I'm sure he'll probably get a look in a later round. He always re-appears out of nowhere during this time. I like his speed and skill.

TonySCV 04-20-2012 01:31 PM

http://lakingsinsider.com/2012/04/20...medium=twitter

Sydor25 04-20-2012 01:41 PM

Kings secret weapon for the 2nd round. :sarcasm:

DaAnimal 04-20-2012 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sydor25 (Post 48462795)
Kings secret weapon for the 2nd round. :sarcasm:

was thinking of the same thing :nod:

kingsfan 04-20-2012 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield (Post 48461331)
He's only played 16 games in the last two years. I am a big Parse fan, but with the injuries his time and has come and gone with LA. He will get a shot out of camp somewhere else though and maybe not make it out of camp, but he will be in NHL next year, IMO. But not with LA.

But if he's healthy and LA has confidence in him as a #13, maybe they send Loktionov back to Manchester for their playoffs which start tonight?

Yeah this to a degree as well.

He's to far gone from playing time to be overly effective IMO. Maybe if we reach the 3rd round or 4th round, but right now I can't see him being game ready. If we are saying Westgarth shouldn't play because he hasn't played in so long, imagine Parse.

I agree with the idea of sending down Lotki maybe, but if we are out of call ups, last thing I'd want is to send him down and rely on Westy and Parse to be the depth pieces should a forward go down.

I hope we give him a one year deal though. He deserves a chance IMO and would be a nice 3rd/4th line option to provide some extra scoring punch from there. This season showed how bad we need that.

Ziggy Stardust 04-20-2012 02:34 PM

When are Allison and Deadmarsh returning to the lineup?

Perro 04-20-2012 02:34 PM

still weeks away. Good for him though.

Perro 04-20-2012 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 48465149)

haha love it.:handclap:

Gentle Ben Kenobi 04-20-2012 02:35 PM

I am one of the biggest Parse fans here. Despite his inability to stay healthy, Parse has some mother****ing talent.

kingsfan 04-20-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust (Post 48465149)

I heard they are close now, same with Jared Aulin.

CNS 04-20-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo (Post 48465219)
I am one of the biggest Parse fans here. Despite his inability to stay healthy, Parse has some mother****ing talent.

This. It really is too bad he's been hurt so much. I'd have no problem with him coming back next year and playing in the AHL to rehab and then the following year fighting for a spot in camp.

Gentle Ben Kenobi 04-20-2012 02:39 PM

If he is ruled game ready(theoretically), I would rather have him in lineup over Richardson.

Holden Caulfield 04-20-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingsfan (Post 48464893)
Yeah this to a degree as well.

He's to far gone from playing time to be overly effective IMO. Maybe if we reach the 3rd round or 4th round, but right now I can't see him being game ready. If we are saying Westgarth shouldn't play because he hasn't played in so long, imagine Parse.

I agree with the idea of sending down Lotki maybe, but if we are out of call ups, last thing I'd want is to send him down and rely on Westy and Parse to be the depth pieces should a forward go down.

I hope we give him a one year deal though. He deserves a chance IMO and would be a nice 3rd/4th line option to provide some extra scoring punch from there. This season showed how bad we need that.

Agreed. I wouldn't feel comfortable with those two as the insurance either, but maybe the Kings feel different? Has Parse even played under Sutter?

The sending Loki down was just an idea, the Monarchs are playing a team that is currently riding a 28 game win streak, I have a feeling their playoffs are going to be very short anyways.

I would agree with you on bringing back Parse as a scoring option for the 3rd/4th line, he has some of the best offensive instincts on the team, except that the Kings have Holloway and Moller coming back from Europe, both of whom proved their offensive talent over there, IMO. Not to mention Loktionov and Gagne (if healthy) all pushing around the bottom 6 for some offense and that's ignoring any potential UFA's. I just do not see room for him.

I really do like Parse, I think he has great offensive talnet. But I just think it's time for him and the Kings to move on, I don't think he will be able to find a place here. He can for sure be a solid top 9 offensive guy, maybe even a top 6 winger somewhere else. He proved his offense in 09-10 when he got 27pts in just 53 games played from the 3rd/4th line with very limited minutes (I think he led the team in points per minute that year).

BigBrown 04-20-2012 03:07 PM

Don't play him this playoff unless we go deep and get decimated by injuries.

As far as contracts go, if it was my call I'd definitely offer him a 2-way deal, assign him to Manchester and let him work his way back up. He'd have to pass waivers first but if he does get claimed it's no big loss.

Perro 04-20-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBrown (Post 48466619)

As far as contracts go, if it was my call I'd definitely offer him a 2-way deal, assign him to Manchester and let him work his way back up. He'd have to pass waivers first but if he does get claimed it's no big loss.

If it's a 2-way deal why would he have to go through waivers?

Gentle Ben Kenobi 04-20-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perro (Post 48466883)
If it's a 2-way deal why would he have to go through waivers?

Waiver eligibilty has nothing to do with the conttract.

It is determined by games played and age.

Willard 04-20-2012 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBrown (Post 48466619)

Yep. And that basically means he won't play, because if we get decimated by injuries, we won't be going deep.

kingsfan28 04-20-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Asked about what has caused his hip problems, Parse quipped, "Badly-formed hips."
That explains it.

agentfouser 04-20-2012 04:21 PM

If everyone admits that he has offensive talent, why is everyone so unconcerned about letting him walk in the off-season? I say keep him around. Sign him to a two-way league minimum contract (because with his record the last two years, who would take him?), and hope he stays healthy.