HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   1st rounder for Gaustad.... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1172743)

JayQueensNY88* 04-20-2012 06:15 PM

1st rounder for Gaustad....
 
...as a NYR fan would you have done that?

I like Gaustad and his game.I think for the Preds to give a first was a great move,but was this a good move had the Rangers have done it? Where would have he fit?

Just curious,for conversation.

Broadway Brad 04-20-2012 06:17 PM

A guy who has never scored 40 points in a season for a 1st round pick? No way. I don't care how good he is at faceoffs for that price.

Jim Ramsay 04-20-2012 06:20 PM

Simply put....NO

You don't give up a first round pick for a guy to come in and win you faceoffs. He had no goals in 14 games for them in the regular season. He does have one in the playoffs, but still no, you dont give a first round pick for him

KingWantsCup 04-20-2012 06:20 PM

For a first rounder? Absolutely not.

Bob Richards 04-20-2012 06:21 PM

Absolutely not. A first rounder for a face-off specialist? Buffalo fleeced Nashville in that one.

Kershaw 04-20-2012 06:28 PM

Conditional 1st for Smyth is the deal I badly wanted.

Stugots 04-20-2012 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kershaw (Post 48473157)
Conditional 1st for Smyth is the deal I badly wanted.

If the condition was we win the cup, then I do that.

Killem Dafoe 04-20-2012 07:08 PM

negative.

pavelich 04-20-2012 07:08 PM

No way. Would have done it for a 2nd.

Kershaw 04-20-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stugots (Post 48474321)
If the condition was we win the cup, then I do that.

That was exactly it. He would be perfect here. Greasy, garbage goals that could make a huge difference in a playoff series.

Miller Time NYR 04-20-2012 08:16 PM

more bottom 6 grinders :shakehead:nod::shakehead

GregSirico 04-20-2012 09:03 PM

No, no, and NO.

we want cup 04-20-2012 09:07 PM

Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with....

http://i.imgur.com/GtNBq.gif

White Plains Batman 04-20-2012 09:56 PM

The reason Nashville did this is because they had a good feeling Radulov would come back so losing the 1st wasn't as big of a deal.

They really went for it this year. Went all 94 Rangers at the Trade Deadline. For a team that rarely ever spends any money and develops mostly from within, going for it once every 10 years isn't that big of a deal. The last time they tried this was when they got Forsberg in 2007.

KreiMeARiver* 04-20-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by we want cup (Post 48484423)
Yeah, I'm gonna have to go with....

http://i.imgur.com/GtNBq.gif



Haha

bobbop 04-20-2012 11:43 PM

No but I would have certainly moved that #1 in the right deal (not meaning Nash)

Callagraves 04-21-2012 03:36 AM

I want to say no...

But i've seen us lose so many games off of goals that come from losing a faceoff cleanly, I don't even know

Calad 04-21-2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Callagraves (Post 48496073)
I want to say no...

But i've seen us lose so many games off of goals that come from losing a faceoff cleanly, I don't even know

Too true. Plus would be perfect for our 2nd PP unit, win the faceoff and go to the front of the net

TKG 04-21-2012 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calad (Post 48496189)
Too true. Plus would be perfect for our 2nd PP unit, win the faceoff and go to the front of the net


A 1st rounder for Gaustad. Paul Gaustad? In a word,no.

haohmaru 04-21-2012 09:09 AM

Absolutely. Our 1st round pick is what (29th?) this year? That's just about a 2nd rounder. Face offs and puck possession are reasons this series is 2-2. If this team really had the idea of going on a deep run a guy like this would've been ideal and would've helped our depth. I think it's ridiculous that the first guy we have to go to after losing a forward is a guy who has never played an NHL game. I think Kreider has a great future ahead of him, but it really shows our (lack of) depth that he's in the lineup now.

Geffres 04-21-2012 09:18 AM

never ever

Miamipuck 04-21-2012 09:40 AM

No Gaustad isn't the difference between the Rangers winning a cup and not.

He certainly isn't worth a 1st rounder, that is a laughable overpayment.

It's true they need to get better on faceoff's but they need more scoring first and foremost.

In the off season they can work on a faceoff centerman and not criminally overpay.

Riche16 04-21-2012 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haohmaru (Post 48499227)
Absolutely. Our 1st round pick is what (29th?) this year? That's just about a 2nd rounder. Face offs and puck possession are reasons this series is 2-2. If this team really had the idea of going on a deep run a guy like this would've been ideal and would've helped our depth. I think it's ridiculous that the first guy we have to go to after losing a forward is a guy who has never played an NHL game. I think Kreider has a great future ahead of him, but it really shows our (lack of) depth that he's in the lineup now.

To be fair, our "lack of depth" is due to a broken wrist, and a suspension... Two players that were fine at the deadline.

I don't see a lack of depth as the prob. It's still a lack of skill to me. If teams shutdown Gabby and Richards we rely on guys like Boyle because Step, dubi and Ani are ghosts. Cally's doing all he can but he's one guy.
If this persists we'll lose this series because Boyle won't do it every night... He can't.

EuroFlair 04-21-2012 11:02 AM

I never thought they would get a first round pick for him but apparently they did..

pld459666 04-21-2012 11:06 AM

.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by haohmaru (Post 48499227)
Absolutely. Our 1st round pick is what (29th?) this year? That's just about a 2nd rounder. Face offs and puck possession are reasons this series is 2-2. If this team really had the idea of going on a deep run a guy like this would've been ideal and would've helped our depth. I think it's ridiculous that the first guy we have to go to after losing a forward is a guy who has never played an NHL game. I think Kreider has a great future ahead of him, but it really shows our (lack of) depth that he's in the lineup now.

Is the 1st based on the leagues standings at the end of the season, or the place we finish in the PO's?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:30 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.