HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   TBN: Leino article (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1173647)

Afino 04-21-2012 07:21 PM

Leino article

Quote:

John Vogl @BuffNewsVogl
·More
Coming in Sunday's Buffalo News: Ville Leino's only season-ending interview. He doesn't hold back on himself or coach Lindy Ruff.

Get your popcorn ready.

McTank 04-21-2012 07:22 PM

LOL he knows he cant get traded anyways

Afino 04-21-2012 07:22 PM

They could Wade Redden his ass though.

Sabresfansince1980 04-21-2012 07:23 PM

If it's a bunch of separate quotes taken in response to framed questions, I'm not interested.

McTank 04-21-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afino (Post 48534857)
They could Wade Redden his ass though.

Hopefully

Myllz 04-21-2012 07:49 PM

So ready. :laugh:

slip 04-21-2012 07:54 PM

So 8 goals and 25 points is not holding back? :laugh:

Zip15 04-21-2012 07:56 PM

We'll see what he says, but there's growing evidence that Ruff's not pushing the right buttons with several players. But, by all means, let's just ship out all the dissenters instead!

SabresAreScaryGood 04-21-2012 08:03 PM

He must think highly of Ruff, I mean if multiple players are against Ruff, why would Ted Black call this such a successful season.

kirby11 04-21-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zip15 (Post 48538405)
We'll see what he says, but there's growing evidence that Ruff's not pushing the right buttons with several players. But, by all means, let's just ship out all the dissenters instead!

Yeah, get rid of ALL the players! :shakehead
seriously, lindy should GTFO

puckish66 04-21-2012 08:24 PM

Might be the best two bucks I'll spend this week.

chadthestampede 04-21-2012 08:28 PM

TBN is basically a tabloid.

ZZamboni 04-21-2012 08:33 PM

Gullible fans :biglaugh:

This won't be any Jerry Springer moment. :shakehead

Sensational journalism to get the flock to swarm, and swarm they will :laugh:

I won't waste my time reading. Mainly because I know I'll get the PxP from a few of you :thumbu:

Dixon Ward 04-21-2012 08:38 PM

haha freak the both of them!

Chainshot 04-21-2012 09:26 PM

I'm interested in what John asked and what Ville has to say. *shrug*

joshjull 04-21-2012 09:30 PM

At first glance I thought the thread title said

Vogl teases Leino

Article tomorrow.

gallagt01 04-21-2012 09:32 PM

I expect the same comments Ville has made all year: that it was a new system and that he was never granted stability in terms of role/line. He didn't get power play time, either.

FoSotC 04-21-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshjull (Post 48549551)
At first glance I thought the thread title said

Vogl teases Leino

Article tomorrow.

:laugh: Same.

haseoke39 04-21-2012 09:40 PM

I really don't understand all the anger that came out at Vogl's last article. He used full player quotes and didn't try to manipulate them to prove anything. He had his own thesis, but the players quotes, in full, supported it. And yeah, it was at least suggestive of some unrest with the coach.

That said, even if Leino trashes Lindy, I wouldn't put too much stock in it. It's Leino. This is the guy who was asking for PP time and to be moved back to wing two weeks into the season. I get the feeling he's a griper.

Afino 04-21-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chainshot (Post 48548997)
I'm interested in what John asked and what Ville has to say. *shrug*

Seriously. That's why I posted this. Agenda free, I want to see what he has to say.

BuiltTagonTough 04-21-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afino (Post 48534729)
Get your popcorn ready.

Vogl is far and gone the best hockey reporter TBN has. Should be interesting to read tomorrow.

McTank 04-21-2012 11:01 PM

Can someone link it on here? I live in toronto

Woodhouse 04-21-2012 11:20 PM

Leino: Season was a battle:
Quote:

"It took me a really long time to get used to all the stuff," Leino said. "Sometimes the flow in our game wasn't the way that it should be. We didn't get the puck. Our defense didn't get the pucks to forwards. We didn't make enough plays. We didn't have the puck enough. The flow of the game, it wasn't quite there.

"Sometimes when you go out there and play, it's easy. It's just hockey. You go. But sometimes this season I felt like it was a different game. I wasn't feeling comfortable. I wasn't feeling like I was just playing hockey. Sometimes I had to think too much or it just was not coming naturally."
Quote:

"I'm sure that was a big part of the process," Leino said. "It still changed at the end [with a move back to the middle], but I was just more comfortable with all the changes and didn't really care that much anymore. I just wanted to play."
Quote:

"Hopefully, I can see myself out there somewhere in the lineup, maybe try to find a better spot for me," Leino said. "Hopefully, I can play some power play and get some points. I think I've just got to come back and start making those plays and play my game right away and start feeling comfortable."
Quote:

"There was a lot of pieces that were kind of out of place," Leino said. "Also, they've got to work with what they were given. We have a lot of good players and we're a good team, which we proved at the end. We just didn't get that chemistry and all that right away at the start, and it was probably too late.

"Coaches do most of the work, and obviously players want to be better, too. I think we've just got to get more out of everybody, which we did at the end. It doesn't matter who plays if you don't get their talents out. You've got to try to use everybody with what they're best at."
Quote:

"About halfway, I started feeling better," Leino said. "At the end, I started feeling pretty good, but it was a really tough season. I don't know what it was [that changed]. I can't really tell that. I started feeling comfortable on the ice, making plays and stuff like that. I don't know what exactly is behind that, but I just felt better.

"There was a lot of things that I need to do better next year."

BuiltTagonTough 04-21-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodhouse (Post 48557761)

Pretty well done.

Hopefully they're able to keep him with Pominville next year as they really played well together down the stretch.

sba 04-21-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodhouse (Post 48557761)
You've got to try to use everybody with what they're best at.

Sorry Ville, the coach you're looking for is in a different castle.