HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Mock Drafts (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   NHL Entry Draft: Mock Draft if Leafs Picked #1 Overall (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1174523)

MetalJamesK 04-22-2012 03:52 PM

Mock Draft if Leafs Picked #1 Overall

I think it would be pretty interesting to see what everyone would think about this possible scenario for the upcoming draft.

Leafs Trade.
#5 overall pick
Nazem Kadri

To Columbus for
#2 Overall

then..

Toronto trades.
#2 overall
Cody Franson

To Edmonton for
1st Overall
later round pick

Mock Draft (Top 5)
Toronto - Nail Yakupov
Edmonton - Ryan Murray
Montreal - Mikhail Grigorenko
New York - Filip Forsberg
Columbus - Alex Galchenyuk

This would be the only possible scenario where the Leafs could keep Jake Gardiner while obtaining the first overall pick. Columbus gets two young forwards in Kadri and Galchenyuk to build towards the future, Oilers get much needed help in the back end in Franson and Murray and the leafs get a potential franchise player in Nail Yakupov.

Joey Moss 04-22-2012 03:58 PM

Lol.

That is all I have to say about this.

1972 04-22-2012 04:07 PM

Cody Franson and Murray for Yakupov... good luck with that...

more like Jake Gardiner + 5th for 1st and that still might not get it done.

Water Knight 04-22-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalJamesK (Post 48599725)
I think it would be pretty interesting to see what everyone would think about this possible scenario for the upcoming draft.

Leafs Trade.
#5 overall pick
Nazem Kadri

To Columbus for
#2 Overall

then..

Toronto trades.
#2 overall
Cody Franson

To Edmonton for
1st Overall
later round pick

Mock Draft (Top 5)
Toronto - Nail Yakupov
Edmonton - Ryan Murray
Montreal - Mikhail Grigorenko
New York - Filip Forsberg
Columbus - Alex Galchenyuk

This would be the only possible scenario where the Leafs could keep Jake Gardiner while obtaining the first overall pick. Columbus gets two young forwards in Kadri and Galchenyuk to build towards the future, Oilers get much needed help in the back end in Franson and Murray and the leafs get a potential franchise player in Nail Yakupov.

Neither trade really works. The first trade would need to add atleast a third rounder or another prospect. The second trade...... you're going to need more then Franson to take Yakupov from the Oilers. Going from second to first you enter a new "tier" of talent in this draft.

Johnny Bravo 04-22-2012 05:41 PM

That is absolutely horrible for Edmonton.... Absolutely horrible. We want nothing from Toronto.

ToMaLe 04-22-2012 07:08 PM

The first trade the Leafs would not do and the second trade the Oilers would not do.

wreckingcru 04-22-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo (Post 48611971)
That is absolutely horrible for Edmonton.... Absolutely horrible. We want nothing from Toronto.

Nothing? Really? You are going to make that call? I guess you wouldn't want Kessel, or Gardiner? Think before writing. However on one front I agree with you. Horrible idea. Keep our 5th and be happy.

KrisBeKreame 04-23-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToMaLe (Post 48617139)
The first trade the Columbus would not do and the second trade the Oilers would not do.

Fixed that for you.

Avs44 04-23-2012 12:11 PM

:laugh: This is brutal for EDM. Lol at Franson being the only piece added to move from #2 to #1. Try Gardiner instead.

Johnny Bravo 04-23-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avs44 (Post 48661801)
:laugh: This is brutal for EDM. Lol at Franson being the only piece added to move from #2 to #1. Try Gardiner instead.

See. it's not just edmonton. The whole league laughs at the trash toronto is offering.

Haligonian 04-23-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo (Post 48661987)
See. it's not just edmonton. The whole league laughs at the trash toronto is offering.

I forgot he spoke for all of Toronto and Brian Burke :rolleyes:

edruga 04-23-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo (Post 48611971)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo (Post 48661987)

Someone's a little upset.

DuckJet 04-23-2012 01:45 PM

If Anaheim won the lottery

Anaheim: Yakupov
Columbus: Murray
Edmonton: Grigorenko
Montreal: Galchenyuk
New York: Dumba
Toronto: Galchenyuk...wait..no my mistake. Forsberg lol.

OP's post in a nutshell. Useful.

EDIT: Totally avoided reading the proposal

Quote:

Leafs Trade.
#5 overall pick
Nazem Kadri

To Columbus for
#2 Overall

then..

Toronto trades.
#2 overall
Cody Franson

To Edmonton for
1st Overall
later round pick
HAHAHAHAHA WHAT?!?! Garbage. Both teams say no. You Leafs fans really need to get better at this proposal thing. Scraps for stars is never gonna happen and it's about time you guys realized that.

KrisBeKreame 04-23-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 48667065)
If Anaheim won the lottery

New York: Dumba
Toronto: Galchenyuk...wait..no my mistake. Forsberg lol.

OP's post in a nutshell. Useful.

EDIT: Totally avoided reading the proposal

HAHAHAHAHA WHAT?!?! Garbage. Both teams say no. You Leafs fans really need to get better at this proposal thing. Scraps for stars is never gonna happen and it's about time you guys realized that.

What would have been truely interesting to watch would be;

New York: Forsberg
Toronto: Galchenyuk...wait..no my mistake. Forsberg...wait..not there either....Who would they take with Dmen on the board?

Everyone can just sit back and watch the show.

DuckJet 04-23-2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrisBeKreame (Post 48675055)
What would have been truely interesting to watch would be;

New York: Forsberg
Toronto: Galchenyuk...wait..no my mistake. Forsberg...wait..not there either....Who would they take with Dmen on the board?

Everyone can just sit back and watch the show.

Total **** storm :laugh:

Johnny Bravo 04-23-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edruga (Post 48666465)
Someone's a little upset.

I am. I'm sick of getting horrible from offers Toronto. Biggest overrated team in the league. Makes me sick.

MetalJamesK 04-24-2012 01:31 PM

lol wow you guys need to relax you take this a little to seriously. I started this thread for people to elaborate, not trash a fan base. The point was a way the leafs wouldn't have to give up Gardiner. Calm down take a breather people its just an online forum its not actually going to happen it all just for fun here.

pooleboy 04-24-2012 02:07 PM

:facepalm: we are quite content getting one of yak/forsberg/murray/grigs/gally. Why would we trade up?

Johnny Bravo 04-24-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalJamesK (Post 48743899)
lol wow you guys need to relax you take this a little to seriously. I started this thread for people to elaborate, not trash a fan base. The point was a way the leafs wouldn't have to give up Gardiner. Calm down take a breather people its just an online forum its not actually going to happen it all just for fun here.

It's not fun when you actually think franson is the difference between #5 and #1.:shakehead

DuckJet 04-24-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo (Post 48754629)
It's not fun when you actually think franson is the difference between #5 and #1.:shakehead

This. You actually thought that was enough? You didn't even add a second or third asset going to edmonton. You downgraded from one star to one fringe player in the hopes that the fringe would be enough for a potential superstar. It's a bad proposal. I'm not sorry.

T_Cage 04-24-2012 07:13 PM

That's not enough. And what it WOULD cost Toronto to move to #1 isn't worth the price. So let it go.

Borjes Baumingdyk 04-25-2012 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 48667065)

Where in the world is Frankie Beauchemin?? Even if you say Lupul isn't a star, Gardiner will be.
Selanne was traded for Kilger and Tverdovsky, so there goes your philosophy. The ironic part is that both of your teams brokered that deal.

veganhunter 04-25-2012 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmythesMinions (Post 48782773)
Where in the world is Frankie Beauchemin?? Even if you say Lupul isn't a star, Gardiner will be.
Selanne was traded for Kilger and Tverdovsky, so there goes your philosophy. The ironic part is that both of your teams brokered that deal.

Selanne was traded because when the Jets moves to Phoenix they could not afford both him and Tkachuk and Kilger was a 19 yr old 4th overall pick and Tverdavosky a 20 yr old 2nd overal pick at the time

And Gardiner was a mid first round not expected to be a star along with Lupul who was not a favorite of Carlyle and was coming off his second back surgery and a blood infection for Beauchmin who was a pretty solid defenseman for Anaheim

Borjes Baumingdyk 04-25-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veganhunter (Post 48785067)
Selanne was traded because when the Jets moves to Phoenix they could not afford both him and Tkachuk and Kilger was a 19 yr old 4th overall pick and Tverdavosky a 20 yr old 2nd overal pick at the time

And Gardiner was a mid first round not expected to be a star along with Lupul who was not a favorite of Carlyle and was coming off his second back surgery and a blood infection for Beauchmin who was a pretty solid defenseman for Anaheim

I don't really care about the reasoning that went behind the trade of Selanne, the point was that you can't trade slop for silver. And that point was the one I was debating
at the expense of this comparision.
BTW what did the Jets really give up to acquire Wheeler? Remember Stuart as the "throw in"

veganhunter 04-25-2012 10:57 PM

You can't trade stars for scraps unless there are circumstances your examples were terrible because both players in the Selanne trade had a bunch of value but turned into scraps + circumstances and Lupul had little value and Gardiner had some and Beauchamin was not a scrap and Atlanta gave up Peverly and Valabik for Wheeler and Stuart none of the players in that deal are or in all probability will ever be stars