HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Brian Leetch (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=117473)

Staal Me Up 12-08-2004 07:22 PM

Brian Leetch
 
let say there is no season this year....so leetch would be a free agent....that would mean we could sign him back correct?

NYR469 12-08-2004 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithp
let say there is no season this year....so leetch would be a free agent....that would mean we could sign him back correct?

technically we could but we won't and shouldn't...besides leetch won't come back if sather is here

FLYLine24* 12-08-2004 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR469
technically we could but we won't and shouldn't...besides leetch won't come back if sather is here


What he said.

Balej20* 12-08-2004 08:18 PM

The only reason i'd sign leeth back is to have him retire as a ranger. but for our own good, it's best we move on.

TheZherdev 12-08-2004 08:54 PM

Bring Leetch Back Baby!

SingnBluesOnBroadway 12-08-2004 09:01 PM

Brian Leetch will always be welcome on my team.

xander 12-08-2004 09:12 PM

I'd don't really see a reason why not to bring leetch back if the asking price was reasonable. I can't think of a better person for our young defensive core to learn from. You can't rebuild with youth alone, young players need veterans to help them develop, if leetch wants to come back and fill that role, then i'm all for it.

BDubinskyNYR17* 12-08-2004 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xander
I'd don't really see a reason why not to bring leetch back if the asking price was reasonable. I can't think of a better person for our young defensive core to learn from. You can't rebuild with youth alone, young players need veterans to help them develop, if leetch wants to come back and fill that role, then i'm all for it.

Id take Leetch at age 38 running our PP than Poti at 27. Leetch is more of a leader and id rather have our prospects learn from Leetch then Pokecheck Poti.

Chief 12-09-2004 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR469
...besides leetch won't come back if sather is here

I think you're wrong. As long as Mark's still here, Leetch would come back ;)

Levitate 12-09-2004 08:08 AM

Quote:

I'd don't really see a reason why not to bring leetch back if the asking price was reasonable. I can't think of a better person for our young defensive core to learn from. You can't rebuild with youth alone, young players need veterans to help them develop, if leetch wants to come back and fill that role, then i'm all for it.
if the price is reasonable AND there's a logical spot for him...IMO you don't mess up your roster trying to fit leetch into it...if there's a spot he can fit into without messing everything up, then it's a good thing. if you have to trade guys, move things around, end up with *another* puck moving defenseman on a soft team...then it's just gonna hurt

JR#9* 12-09-2004 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Brian Leetch will always be welcome on my team.


Exactly!!!

Who in their right mind wouldn't want to have Leetch around our young up and coming d-men?? :dunno:

The guy still has gas in the tank and this year off will do nothing but recharge his battery and get fully healthy.

Does anybody remember how good Al Mac looked at 38 and what he did in helping Barrett Jackman to a ROY award while paired with him???

#2 is always welcome on my team...zero maitnence, 100% class and still a damn fine hockey player IMO.

AG9NK35DT8* 12-09-2004 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithp
let say there is no season this year....so leetch would be a free agent....that would mean we could sign him back correct?

IMO I expect Leetch to go else where as long as G.Sather is here.I also think that sather is the reason alot of guys wont come to NYR, Sather has a funny way of running thingsthats what I think.

I also would love Leetch back as long as Poti is gone :

Leetch-Tyutin
Pock-Kasparitis
Lampman/Liffiton-Rachunek

Taylor, Marshall and who ever else would be good for call ups.Sturdwick will get the 4th line LW spot.

Nich 12-09-2004 10:22 AM

nope. we will be better of developing the youth we already have.

Blueshirt13 12-09-2004 10:22 AM

A few weeks ago I ran into Leetch and Neil Smith at a bar in NYC. They were coming from Christopher Reeves' memorial service. Leetch said as long as Sather was here he would not play in Broadway blue.

In my opinion he would probably be willing to sign a one day contract to retire a Ranger but I honestly am not sure Sather would ever allow that.

xander 12-09-2004 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nich
nope. we will be better of developing the youth we already have.

and how do you expect to develop that youth if you don't have veterans around to teach them?

Nich 12-09-2004 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xander
and how do you expect to develop that youth if you don't have veterans around to teach them?

i considered that. and that's why kaspar is still around. and it is alot easier to develop a bunch of offensive d-men if they are playing. so if you want to dumb kaspar and bring back leetch, fine, but then we'll be suiting up like 4 O d-men, 5 if maxim is around.

Levitate 12-09-2004 10:51 AM

Quote:

A few weeks ago I ran into Leetch and Neil Smith at a bar in NYC. They were coming from Christopher Reeves' memorial service. Leetch said as long as Sather was here he would not play in Broadway blue.
honestly, then screw him. if he's a "ranger" he'd come back if offered the chance (and a fair contract). if he won't come back because of sather, then it's an obvious "me first" situation and he doesn't care enough about the rangers

Blueshirt13 12-09-2004 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitate
honestly, then screw him. if he's a "ranger" he'd come back if offered the chance (and a fair contract). if he won't come back because of sather, then it's an obvious "me first" situation and he doesn't care enough about the rangers

Well being that the situation was he pretty much found out from the news media that he had been traded and was not spoken to at all ahead of time by Sather, I agree with him. The guy had been a Ranger all his career and had defined this organization for the longest time. Sather should of atleast had the decency to say prior to the trade "Hey Brian, the organization is going in a new direction. We are making a youth movement and trying to acquire some assets. Trading you will be a big help in preparing the organization for the future."

Yes, it still would have sucked to be Leetch but atleast saying something ahead of time would have shown some level of respect from the organization.

If your boss laid you off after more than 10 years of being at the company, I'm sure you wouldn't want to come back near term as well to work for the same guy.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 12-09-2004 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levitate
honestly, then screw him. if he's a "ranger" he'd come back if offered the chance (and a fair contract). if he won't come back because of sather, then it's an obvious "me first" situation and he doesn't care enough about the rangers

Or we could just get rid of Sather. Quite a precident when the least popular member of an organization is allowed to trade the most popular.

RANGER#11 12-09-2004 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nich
nope. we will be better of developing the youth we already have.

He would help in the developing. He certinly would not hurt it.

Brooklyn Ranger 12-09-2004 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Or we could just get rid of Sather. Quite a precident when the least popular member of an organization is allowed to trade the most popular.

Here, Here.

Kovy274Hart 12-09-2004 10:52 PM

I love Leetch. But they're better off moving on from the past. Leetch is already starting to breakdown. The lockout isn't making him any younger. At best, he has 2-3 yrs left.

We got a great return for him. And remember, when he does retire, #2 will go up to the rafters. That's enough for me.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.