HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Trading Pavelski (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1174809)

McLovin25 04-22-2012 08:15 PM

Trading Pavelski

In the armchair GM thread many, including myself have expressed interest in trading pavelski. Many others have said that this would be stupid.

Do you think trading pavelski is a good idea.

Any trade in which Pavelski is involved in would be fair value for him, no overpayemnt, no underpayment so there is no anyone can be had for the right price arguements. the trade is fair to both parties.

TheJuxtaposer 04-22-2012 08:16 PM

Make him available, but don't shop him. I'm 80% on keeping him.

Pinkfloyd 04-22-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloweForbidzYou (Post 48622573)
In the armchair GM thread many, including myself have expressed interest in trading pavelski. Many others have said that this would be stupid.

Do you think trading pavelski is a good idea.

Any trade in which Pavelski is involved in would be fair value for him, no overpayemnt, no underpayment so there is no anyone can be had for the right price arguements. the trade is fair to both parties.

It depends on what you get back. Fair value is all nice and dandy but this team needs a particular skill set and a lot of it to get back into Cup level contention. If Pavelski yields them something like that, and believe me he won't by himself, then it's something absolutely must be considered.

The real problem is that the Sharks problem is not something that one trade will fix. They lack team speed and they currently lack a reliable third line. Depth on the blue line and depth up front is required to get to where we want this team to be at and we fall well short of that when it comes to the forwards at this point.

USF Shark 04-22-2012 08:23 PM

I wouldn't trade Pavelski. I see Pavelski, Couture, Burns, and Thornton as the only untouchables on this team.

No way do you trade a 28 year old center who not only gets better every year, but does so many things well (face-offs, scoring, back-checking, solid board play, etc) that you can't easily replace his skill set. He's our future captain if he stays until Jumbo is gone.

Yes, he had a terrible playoff series. He was bad. He admitted he was bad. His accountability should tell you everything you need to know about the type of person and teammate he is.

murdock1116 04-22-2012 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 48622613)

I agree. Pavelski is solid a key piece to our team.

It really depends on what you can get back for him.

Inub0i 04-22-2012 08:26 PM

No please.

I think USF sums it up quite nicely.
I also think Pavs was injured during the series.

Nighthock 04-22-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 48622613)

About how I feel. Overpayment may entice me ...

He also needs to go back to center. I know he takes draws on the first line, but he shouldn't play wing

wtfisthis 04-22-2012 08:30 PM

Depending on whats coming back, everybody should be trade-able. Even Burns, Couture, etc. no such thing as untouchables.

HBSauce 04-22-2012 08:35 PM

Shop him, only let him go if the return is high.

Very good player but undersized, slower, and can get knocked off the puck fairly easily (or atleast in this series). He will be better centering his own line, which should happen next year.

TheJuxtaposer 04-22-2012 08:37 PM

XXX-Thornton-XXX
Couture-Marleau-Havlat
Winnik-Paveski-Wingels
XXX-Desjardins-Galiardi

Is what I've decided on so far.

Nighthock 04-22-2012 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thejuxtaposer (Post 48624191)
xxx-thornton-xxx
couture-marleau-havlat
winnik-paveski-wingels
xxx-desjardins-galiardi

is what i've decided on so far.

... ಠ_ಠ

TheJuxtaposer 04-22-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nighthock (Post 48624327)
... ಠ_ಠ

I know, shocking.

KpopandHockey 04-22-2012 08:51 PM

Don't try to give him away but if there are pieces we need I and he's the asking price I say go for it. Particularly if it brings our team more speed and youth + goalscoring.

lsx 04-22-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USF Shark (Post 48623139)
I wouldn't trade Pavelski. I see Pavelski, Couture, Burns, and Thornton as the only untouchables on this team.

No way do you trade a 28 year old center who not only gets better every year, but does so many things well (face-offs, scoring, back-checking, solid board play, etc) that you can't easily replace his skill set. He's our future captain if he stays until Jumbo is gone.

Yes, he had a terrible playoff series. He was bad. He admitted he was bad. His accountability should tell you everything you need to know about the type of person and teammate he is.

This. Trading Pavelski would be a big mistake.

Mafoofoo 04-22-2012 09:08 PM

Depends on the return. If someone wants to overpay ridiculously for him by all means let him go. But if all you're gonna get is Toronto offering Schenn + 3rd or something forget it.

StalockSuperfan 04-22-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KpopandHockey (Post 48625227)
Don't try to give him away but if there are pieces we need I and he's the asking price I say go for it. Particularly if it brings our team more speed and youth + goalscoring.

This. If he can bring us a young dynamic speedster, I'd trade him. But certainly don't give him away just for the hell of it.

Pinkfloyd 04-22-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USF Shark (Post 48623139)

Pavs is a great player and there's no doubt that he is a versatile player that offers a lot but the team has to look at its options to make them quicker and deeper as a team. There are definitely things I would hope they do before trading Pavs but if they can get a very good deal out of them, it's something they have to consider.

Kegsey 04-22-2012 09:44 PM

If we don't trade Marleau and Pavs I would love to see this
Couture-thornton-xxx
Marleau-Pavelski-havlat
winnik-xxx-wingels
xxx-desjardins-galiardi

Edit: Actually for that matter, why hasn't Havlat really been given a chance with Joe? I could see him and Logan as great wingers for Joe. Who's the decoy?

Gene Parmesan 04-22-2012 09:46 PM

He won't be traded unless its a great deal that fills needs.

crunchyblack* 04-22-2012 10:16 PM

I really really really want pavs centering the third line. Only trade him for a massive overpayment.

StalockSuperfan 04-22-2012 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchyblack (Post 48634823)
I really really really want pavs centering the third line.

Didn't DW make it pretty clear last year that he didn't like that?

Tealblood 04-22-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crunchyblack (Post 48634823)
I really really really want pavs centering the third line. Only trade him for a massive overpayment.

So you want a third line that's small, can't check, and can't score. :handclap: Nice.

I vote trade his ass. He's too slow for a small player, doesn't get to the gritty areas around the net as well as couture does, and we have plenty of playmakers who don't score often.

Internazionale 04-22-2012 10:38 PM

With a coaching change for the better, Pavelski will be fine. Don't trade him!

TheJuxtaposer 04-22-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealblood (Post 48636941)
So you want a third line that's small, can't check, and can't score. :handclap: Nice.

I vote trade his ass. He's too slow for a small player, doesn't get to the gritty areas around the net as well as couture does, and we have plenty of playmakers who don't score often.

It's refreshing to see irrational hatred not directed at Patty or Nemo.

Phu 04-22-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 48637285)
It's refreshing to see irrational hatred not directed at Patty or Nemo.

First part's rational, second part not so much.