HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Knuble scores 2 to beat Swedish champions (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=117484)

swflyers8* 12-08-2004 09:44 PM

Knuble scores 2 to beat Swedish champions

TSN

Quote:

STOCKHOLM, Sweden (AP) - Mike Knuble had one of his best games of the season in the Swedish Elite League, scoring his second goal in overtime to clinch a 4-3 road win for Linkoping over defending champion HV71.

Knuble tied the score 3-3 with six minutes left of the third period Thursday, knocking in a rebound off linemate Kristian Huselius' shot at Jonkoping.
Less than three minutes into OT, the Philadelphia Flyers forward tipped in a shot with his team on the power play to secure the bonus point.

Knuble, an American who forms one of the league's top lines with Huselius and Vancouver Canucks center Brendan Morrison, has 12 goals and four assists in 25 games.

Jester 12-08-2004 11:54 PM

this may sound wierd... but he isn't a flyer to me at all yet. i mean, i guess i should be happy he's playing well, but until they lace 'em up in the orange and black they haven't entered my thought process of my "flyers."

Toonces 12-09-2004 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
this may sound wierd... but he isn't a flyer to me at all yet. i mean, i guess i should be happy he's playing well, but until they lace 'em up in the orange and black they haven't entered my thought process of my "flyers."

Yes, I have the same problem.

GKJ 12-09-2004 08:03 AM

Same here. It's nice though. Same thing with Turner Stevenson. I still think of him as being from the dark side.

swflyers8* 12-09-2004 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Same here. It's nice though. Same thing with Turner Stevenson. I still think of him as being from the dark side.

Knuble is a lot easier for me to associate as being a Flyer. However, I agree with the Turner Stevenson part.

Here is Mike in the orange and black...sort of...Lol

stanley 12-09-2004 07:59 PM

Heck, I even forgot they signed both those guys. I don't know what hockey's waiting for - I really haven't missed it at all.

(Although don't be fooled, once the MLB winter meetings and Superbowl, I'll be jonesing.)

stanley 12-09-2004 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungryforHockey25

Nice softball swing - hands back, elbow down.

aonez 12-19-2004 06:51 PM

I think Knubles Swedish experience is positive for the Flyers. I think he has become a better player. Playing with Morrison and Huselius on a bigger ice has improved his skills and vision. He handles the puck better and is a lot cooler and can hold the puck longer. If the NHL season starts, which it certainly will do in January, Knuble is ready, well-trained and in great shape.

RJ8812 12-19-2004 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley
Nice softball swing - hands back, elbow down.

does it really matter? he's a millionaire

Bruin_Ron 12-21-2004 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson

I personally can't get over the fact we lost Knuble. That was a great signing and I'd say Knuble will really thrive in Philly. He's a very hard worker and will be an asset to the Flyers organization without a doubt. Funny, Knuble's the type of player I'd like the B's to persue...

- Ron