HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Proposal: Kesler to Hawks? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1175171)

madgoat33 04-23-2012 12:01 AM

Kesler to Hawks?

Seems a lot of Canucks fans are growing tired of Kesler. Could he be the second line center we need? He's been less than stellar this season, but he'd be playing with hossa/kane in chicago...

That said, I don't think the Nucks would be willing to move him to chicago. Interesting to think about though.

InTOEWSweTrust 04-23-2012 12:04 AM

I'm done with these nucks to hawks deals lol

madgoat33 04-23-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InTOEWSweTrust (Post 48642437)
I'm done with these nucks to hawks deals lol

throw me a bone here, I don't have to work tomorrow so I'm staying up late.

InTOEWSweTrust 04-23-2012 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madgoat33 (Post 48642537)
throw me a bone here, I don't have to work tomorrow so I'm staying up late.

Lol ok, Idk, he had hip surgery right? He didn't look the same this year

UsernameWasTaken 04-23-2012 12:09 AM

Absolutely not! He pretty much phoned in his last season and hasn't scored in 17 games. On top of that he appears to have an absolutely wretched personality.

I'd welcome Luongo to the team long before this d-bag.

DayNah 04-23-2012 12:09 AM

I'd take Kesler in a heartbeat. About the only Canuck I like.

HawksTillDeath 04-23-2012 12:11 AM

he's a POS

but come.. imagine 4 C's of:

Toews
Kesler
Bolland
Mayers

holy heck that would be an annoying bunch to play against

InTOEWSweTrust 04-23-2012 12:12 AM

The more important question tonight is Vancouver having their yearly city bonfire tonight?

Cullksinikers 04-23-2012 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DayNah (Post 48642683)
I'd take Kesler in a heartbeat. About the only Canuck I like.

Schneider for me. That guy would be stellar in a Chicago uniform.

Every single time I think of Kesler, I think of the clip below.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmv99hRewa1qff0tw.gif

All he does is whine dive and hide when the playoffs roll around. He's coming off hip surgery and looks completely average and nowhere near the worth of his contract without any jump. Playing through it was the worst thing. He underperformed, has received criticism, and there is no improvement in sight unless he actually lets it properly heal. One goal in his last 31 games. One goal in his last 17 games. Plus, why would the Canucks ever trade us Kesler?

InTOEWSweTrust 04-23-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HawksTillDeath (Post 48642815)
he's a POS

but come.. imagine 4 C's of:

Toews
Kesler
Bolland

holy heck that would be an annoying bunch to play against

I think mayers isn't coming back lets go with Danault

madgoat33 04-23-2012 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 48642865)
Schneider for me. That guy would be stellar in a Chicago uniform.

Every single time I think of Kesler, I think of the clip below.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmv99hRewa1qff0tw.gif

All he does is whine dive and hide when the playoffs roll around. He's coming off hip surgery and looks completely average and nowhere near the worth of his contract without any jump. Playing through it was the worst thing. He underperformed, has received criticism, and there is no improvement in sight unless he actually lets it properly heal. One goal in his last 31 games. One goal in his last 17 games. Plus, why would the Canucks ever trade us Kesler?

because gillis secretly loves the hawks?

The way i see it, the hawks either have to commit to Kane at center and add a wing or go out and get a real second line center. All this line shuffling is just hurting the chemistry of the team.

wings5 04-23-2012 12:18 AM

Kesler, Luongo for Yakupov? :naughty:

Sarava 04-23-2012 12:18 AM

Playoff choker and a diver. No thanks.

Cullksinikers 04-23-2012 12:19 AM

Jordan Staal makes sense. I'm not sure if it's true, but I have seen it posted around on HF that he is unhappy playing in the bottom-six. He's stuck behind two of the best players in the world. I would give up a pretty damn good package for him. Normally, it would be a considerable package, but we may be able to acquire him for slightly cheaper due to his contract status. Maybe Joe Pavelski will become available. Doug Wilson may want to shake things up in San Jose. Pavelski didn't set the world on fire in the playoffs, and their core has not been able to get over the hump in the playoffs with the core they have.

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Staal/Pavelski-Hossa
Carcillo-Bolland-Shaw
Bickell-Kruger-Hayes
Bollig

Crazy_Ike 04-23-2012 12:24 AM

Kesler? Really?

madgoat33 04-23-2012 12:25 AM

thats the nucks culture. Who's to say he couldn't be saved on the hawks?

Crazy_Ike 04-23-2012 12:25 AM

This guy?

Sarava 04-23-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike (Post 48643341)
Kesler? Really?

Thats looks like the cut and paste that out of a looney toons cartoon.

SugarKane88 04-23-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cullksinikers (Post 48643199)
Jordan Staal makes sense. I'm not sure if it's true, but I have seen it posted around on HF that he is unhappy playing in the bottom-six. He's stuck behind two of the best players in the world. I would give up a pretty damn good package for him. Normally, it would be a considerable package, but we may be able to acquire him for slightly cheaper due to his contract status. Maybe Joe Pavelski will become available. Doug Wilson may want to shake things up in San Jose. Pavelski didn't set the world on fire in the playoffs, and their core has not been able to get over the hump in the playoffs with the core they have.

Saad-Toews-Kane
Sharp-Staal/Pavelski-Hossa
Carcillo-Bolland-Shaw
Bickell-Kruger-Hayes
Bollig

Staal on the Blackhawks would be ridiculously awesome.

nbozich22 04-23-2012 12:26 AM

he's the only canuck i'd maybe consider.. the diving has to go though

Crazy_Ike 04-23-2012 12:26 AM

Just to be sure, you want THIS guy.

Bgav 04-23-2012 12:27 AM

I rather sell my soul to the devil then see him in a hawks jersey

Crazy_Ike 04-23-2012 12:28 AM

Cullksinikers 04-23-2012 12:29 AM

Even though Kesler doesn't show up for the playoffs, obviously has a nagging hip injury, and has attitude concerns, the Canucks could still get a very good return for the guy due to his name. What would you give the Canucks for Kesler of value? McNeill? Saad? Olsen? Johns? Clendening? If Kelser doesn't amp it up soon, you will wonder why in the hell Bowman gave Gillis a good package of players who panned out for the whiny, diving, non-improving player you though would be the top-six center solution.

Sarava 04-23-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bgav (Post 48643513)
I rather sell my soul to the devil then see him in a hawks jersey

I think we found something we agree on.