HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Proposal: Sharks/Isles (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1176255)

leaponover 04-24-2012 03:08 AM

Sharks/Isles

Hey, obviously a Islanders fan here but wanted to run a proposal by you guys to gauge the possibility. Feel free to flame me but just remember I know very little from a fans perspective how they value players so just keep that in mind. Thanks.

Sharks get:

Isles 1st round pick this year
Josh Bailey

Isles get:
Sharks 1st round pick this year
M.E. Vlasic

Discuss, thanks!

TheJuxtaposer 04-24-2012 03:11 AM

It's probably good value, but I'm personally too attached to Vlasic to give him up. :laugh:

Squeeven 04-24-2012 03:19 AM

Nah Bailey is young and has potential but I'd rather go for Matt Moulson. What about:

To Islanders:
Marc-Edouard Vlasic
1st round pick
Benn Ferriero

To Sharks:
Matt Moulson
3rd round pick

Or something like that, just throwing that out there.

SactoShork 04-24-2012 03:19 AM

Dayum... and to think a year ago, Vlasic wasn't enough to get Comeau.

I think your Isles lose a bit here.

TheJuxtaposer 04-24-2012 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeeven (Post 48725267)
Nah Bailey is young and has potential but I'd rather go for Matt Moulson. What about:

To Islanders:
Marc-Edouard Vlasic
1st round pick
Benn Ferriero

To Sharks:
Matt Moulson
3rd round pick

Sharks get shafted hard here. :biglaugh:

Graveland 04-24-2012 03:30 AM

If we are trading Vlasic, Harmoic or MacDonald is coming back.

TheJuxtaposer 04-24-2012 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oso Blanca (Post 48725429)

Vlasic is way better than MacDonald, and trading Hamonic would be a lateral move for NYI.

The idea of trading a lottery pick for Vlasic would be to speed up their rebuild. They're getting tired of finishing in the bottom five. A defense with Vlasic and Hamonic as a shutdown pair, and then Streit, MacDonald, de Hann/other prospects is at least average, and they'll have Nabby. They'd also be able to draft a Ceci or Reinhart with our first.

We'd get a project in Bailey and a lottery pick to draft a top-end forward like Forsberg.

Value is good, but I just love Vlasic too much.

Risky F 04-24-2012 03:36 AM

Quote:

To Islanders:
Marc-Edouard Vlasic
1st round pick
Benn Ferriero

To Sharks:
Matt Moulson
3rd round pick

Moulson is such an underrated player but he was so good last year, the Islanders won't trade him.

Squeeven 04-24-2012 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 48725307)
Sharks get shafted hard here. :biglaugh:

Maybe a little. Take Ferriero out, and I can't see why it wouldn't be fair?

Risky F 04-24-2012 03:48 AM

Moulson also had a career year in points with 69. Would have been second on the sharks behind Thornton.

Squeeven 04-24-2012 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Risky F (Post 48725521)
Moulson is such an underrated player but he was so good last year, the Islanders won't trade him.

Yeah it would be tough to get him. We need someone young and fast like him.

TheJuxtaposer 04-24-2012 04:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeeven (Post 48725559)
Maybe a little. Take Ferriero out, and I can't see why it wouldn't be fair?

I do like Moulson, I do, but no way in hell do we give up a 25 year old home-grown top-2 defenseman and 15th overall for him. It's not a coincidence that Moulson's production skyrocketed the same time as John Tavares, who was Moulson's most common linemate by a good percentage.

RainbowDash 04-24-2012 04:46 AM

This is horrible.

We're interested in selling Murray. Want to buy?

Dicdonya 04-24-2012 05:01 AM

Quote:

To Islanders:
Marc-Edouard Vlasic
1st round pick
Benn Ferriero

To Sharks:
Matt Moulson
3rd round pick

Dont think giving up a potential F prospect and highest draft pick weve had in years, one of the very few nhl caliber young forwards we have and the only true shut down and young defensemen we have for one forward and a almost useless pick.

This first proposal was a little tempting since bailey "could" live up to some of his potential on with a new team and system and getting one of the stud F prospects from the top of the draft would help big time in the long term and maybe even short term. I just think vlassic is too much to give at this point. There is no other D man on the team i trust more to actually play D than him and hes still very young.

Graveland 04-24-2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 48725495)
Vlasic is way better than MacDonald, and trading Hamonic would be a lateral move for NYI.

The idea of trading a lottery pick for Vlasic would be to speed up their rebuild. They're getting tired of finishing in the bottom five. A defense with Vlasic and Hamonic as a shutdown pair, and then Streit, MacDonald, de Hann/other prospects is at least average, and they'll have Nabby. They'd also be able to draft a Ceci or Reinhart with our first.

We'd get a project in Bailey and a lottery pick to draft a top-end forward like Forsberg.

Value is good, but I just love Vlasic too much.

Losing Vlasic puts a defensive black hole into the core of the D. So if he was moved out there would need to be a replacement.

CREW99AW 04-24-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oso Blanca (Post 48725429)

There is a huge difference in the trade value between MacDonald and Hamonic.

Isles think Hamonic is developing into a stud at 22.

24/25 yr old MacDonald is a good,young defenseman.He's played quality mins in the top 4 and is on a great contract:$500,000 per season.

No way would the isles move Hamonic.He's younger, cheaper and they are just as happy with him as SJ is with Vlasic(sp).

CREW99AW 04-24-2012 09:22 AM

I took a look at Vlasic's contract at cap central.

I didn't realize he was a ufa in 2013.

That nixes any potential trade involving Snow and the Isles.

Snow with his budget restrictions,does not trade lottery picks or top youngsters for short term rentals.

wtfisthis 04-24-2012 09:45 AM

Please take Murray for a 2nd instead

Pinkfloyd 04-24-2012 09:50 AM

Bailey's not my kind of guy. I definitely wouldn't mind moving up to the Islanders spot in the draft but not at this price when the forward coming back is inconsistent.

Nighthock 04-24-2012 10:50 AM

we need to get better on D, so let's trade our best defensive D-man ... why

CREW99AW 04-24-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wtfisthis (Post 48730357)
Please take Murray for a 2nd instead

I'd hoped to see such a trade ,with Murray getting to LI,liking it there and signing an extension.

But from what being posted,Murray's play has really fallen this season.

Gonna hope Snow keeps kicking the tires.I'd rather see him overpay for a ufa like Sarich,giving him an extra yr,then spend a high 2nd on someone who's not gonna be a clear upgrade.

TealTownUSA 04-24-2012 11:32 AM

i'd like to keep pickles. if he can learn a bit of offense, he'd be a great player. he's maturing quite well. :)

KpopandHockey 04-24-2012 11:35 AM

Can't see the organization trading Vlasic, he's our only true defensive Dman (that is good).

Inub0i 04-24-2012 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TealTownUSA (Post 48734333)
i'd like to keep pickles. if he can learn a bit of offense, he'd be a great player. he's maturing quite well. :)

Depending on his partner, he can be a stud two way guy. He's been very good defensively and he has the capabilities to I put up about 30 PTS as a defenseman. I think pairing him with Burns would be better than putting him with Boyle.

Inub0i 04-24-2012 12:24 PM

You know who I want in teal? Frans Nielsen to be our Moore replacement.