HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Chicago Blackhawks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Fire Stan Bowman (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1176361)

digdug41982 04-24-2012 10:19 AM

Fire Stan Bowman

This guy is way more culpable than Q and there is an ongoing thread about him.

I'm really, really anxious to hear what he has to say today. But here is what I think he will say:

'The team is good. I assembled the right guys together. The series was close. Sometimes you run into a hot goalie in the playoffs. You have to find a way to score on him and we didn't'

In other words, he'll stick with the same message. The players and the coach are at fault. Classic GM point of view. And those of you that are still supporting the horrible reign of this scum bag, prepare to abandon ship faster than you flipped on the Oduya trade because IF we are to see any major moves, guess how this guy is going to do them? He's going to trade core players, and that may mean Kane, and that would be moronic. But it seems about what you'd expect from someone who puts everything (including all of the responsibility) on his star players.

theaub 04-24-2012 10:47 AM

If you would've asked me on June 10, 2010 when I thought the Hawks would be legitimate contenders again, I would've said the 2012-2013 season.

As such, I will wait until after that to pass judgement.

digdug41982 04-24-2012 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theaub (Post 48732413)
If you would've asked me on June 10, 2010 when I thought the Hawks would be legitimate contenders again, I would've said the 2012-2013 season.

As such, I will wait until after that to pass judgement.

What about the next time they made it out of the 1st round? Would you have said 2012-13?

Bubba88 04-24-2012 10:56 AM

be patient... Bowman may not even be allowed to add contracts that go longer than 1 year. Need to wait what the new CBA brings us and the year after that, we can still fire Bowman.

The roster wasn't bad, it was bad coached

Sevanston 04-24-2012 11:02 AM

You must have some serious paranoia if you actually think Bowman is going to sell off the core, the keeping of which has been his greatest and our greatest success.

digdug41982 04-24-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevanston (Post 48733025)
You must have some serious paranoia if you actually think Bowman is going to sell off the core, the keeping of which has been his greatest and our greatest success.

He's going to blame the core for this loss. He said at the TD, the star players need to play like stars. Well, they didn't. 1 + 1 = 2

Sarava 04-24-2012 11:06 AM

I fixed the title for you. We can't have that.

I am interested to see how this Oduya situation resolves itself. Will they re-sign him. Or did we just throw a 2nd and 3rd round pick in the garbage for nothing? This coming after a 2nd round pick was throw in the garbage for Campoli last year - only to let him walk.

Stan's asset management skills are really looking questionable.

And I don't see a core member getting traded. Seeing how Stan has operated the past 3 years - I'm convinced he's afraid of making major moves. He was forced in to major moves 2 summers ago, but for the most part he has avoided them at all costs whenever he could.

Sarava 04-24-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevanston (Post 48733025)

That remains to be seen if this is a success. He has 2 first round exits on his resume. The cup win is Dale's as far as I'm concerned.

digdug41982 04-24-2012 11:09 AM

Agreed on the major moves, most likely he does nothing and we get a similar result next playoffs. BUT, if any pressure is put on him to get this team past the 1st round by Rocky, then we're doomed because he ain't trading his prospects.

Bubba88 04-24-2012 11:10 AM

And Bowman is in the record books as Cup GM and without him, Hossa & Kopy wouldn't have been a part of the team.

digdug41982 04-24-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 48733313)
And Bowman is in the record books as Cup GM and without him, Hossa & Kopy wouldn't have been a part of the team.

Well, we have Hossa signed longterm now whether Bowman is here or not.

Sevanston 04-24-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 48733153)
He's going to blame the core for this loss. He said at the TD, the star players need to play like stars. Well, they didn't. 1 + 1 = 2

That's closer to .5 + .8 = 4036

It takes serious stones and conviction to sell off your stars, and I don't think those are traits anyone's associated with Stan while he's been GM.

digdug41982 04-24-2012 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevanston (Post 48733421)
That's closer to .5 + .8 = 4036

It takes serious stones and conviction to sell off your stars, and I don't think those are traits anyone's associated with Stan while he's been GM.

Yeah, only IF there is pressure put on him. If not, I agree, we see nothing and another 1st round or 2nd round loss.

Sevanston 04-24-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 48733449)
Yeah, only IF there is pressure put on him. If not, I agree, we see nothing and another 1st round or 2nd round loss.

Rocky's earnings from the Hawks have done nothing but rise since he took over. He may be bitter about the losses, but he won't be putting the hurt on anyone about it.

McD might be mad too,but he already named Bowman the VP of the Hawks, so he'll look into other options before having to remove Bowman from anything.

Sarava 04-24-2012 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 48733313)

Kopecky's role on the cup team wasn't very big. His role was much larger the year after the cup (when the Hawks weren't that good).

As for Hossa. He is one of my favorite players on the team. That being said - signing him may have caused more problems than it solved. And I think this team was winning the cup with or without Marian Hossa. They were on the verge before he signed and had the best record in the NHL before he played his first game in the 09-10 season (remember he missed the first 2 months). Remember they were riding a 7 game winning streak when he played his first game of the season in San Jose.

HawksTillDeath 04-24-2012 11:26 AM

he was able to keep the core and cap flexibility as well as rebuild our entire prospect system

now its the next step

he should be evaluated on:

- how we uses this cap space
- how to prospects develop
- if he can trade some of the prospect for other players - that could define a gm (ex: Goligoski for Neal - helps the Penguins tremendously)

he also found a suitor for Campbell which i didn't think was going to happen

Bubba88 04-24-2012 11:27 AM

No chance we win without Hossa and Pecker. Pecker really helped us all year long and he was a big reason why our 4th line was great

Jeffrey Lebowski 04-24-2012 11:27 AM

IMO, it will be inexcusable if we go into next year with Crawford and Emery as our goalie tandem. It was okay this past year because we had reason to believe that both were going to be solid. As it turned out, neither were. That's okay, lesson learned... you move on from there.

However, I don't see how Bowman can rationalize going with the same awful tandem after this next year. He was in the perfect position to go out and sign or trade for a 1b goalie at the very least. Harding, Vokoun, Thomas, Schneider, Bernier are all possible targets. Why wouldn't we wait it out, see who is available and for how much and then go after them?

It's not like Emery is going to be gobbled up quickly by some team this off-season... if nothing else works, fine, go with Emery. But, ****, I wish he would've just given the market a chance. Everyone and their mother knows that our goaltending is our weakest link, Bowman should've recognized this and fixed it.

Unless he has something up his sleeve going into next year, there's no way I can justify showing such blind faith in those two on the same team. One of them HAS to go. Risking this same type of year again is unacceptable. I'm very quickly going to start losing support for Bowman if those two are our goalies next year.

/rant :rant:

salty justice 04-24-2012 11:27 AM

Bowman needs to increase the average weight of this team by about 20 pounds per player if they're ever going to survive in this league.

But he won't do it.

I'm predicting that we'll see all of our UFAs walk and pretty much go into next season exactly how we went into this one. Inexperienced and small with no C or D depth.

We need someone with balls in the GM seat.

digdug41982 04-24-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffrey Lebowski (Post 48734027)
IMO, it will be inexcusable if we go into next year with Crawford and Emery as our goalie tandem. It was okay this past year because we had reason to believe that both were going to be solid. As it turned out, neither were. That's okay, lesson learned... you move on from there.

However, I don't see how Bowman can rationalize going with the same awful tandem after this next year. He was in the perfect position to go out and sign or trade for a 1b goalie at the very least. Harding, Vokoun, Thomas, Schneider, Bernier are all possible targets. Why wouldn't we wait it out, see who is available and for how much and then go after them?

It's not like Emery is going to be gobbled up quickly by some team this off-season... if nothing else works, fine, go with Emery. But, ****, I wish he would've just given the market a chance. Everyone and their mother knows that our goaltending is our weakest link, Bowman should've recognized this and fixed it.

Unless he has something up his sleeve going into next year, there's no way I can justify showing such blind faith in those two on the same team. One of them HAS to go. Risking this same type of year again is unacceptable. I'm very quickly going to start losing support for Bowman if those two are our goalies next year.

/rant :rant:

Maybe if everyone wasn't so god damned happy with Emery all year, he would not have resigned him, and by extension kept Crawford as the starter. We get what we asked for.

Sarava 04-24-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 (Post 48734353)
Maybe if everyone wasn't so god damned happy with Emery all year, he would not have resigned him, and by extension kept Crawford as the starter. We get what we asked for.

I thought the Emery signing was dumb at the time and I said that then. It's sad to say this, but Emery shouldn't have been re-signed because of Crawford's imcompetance. Now we're locked in to 2 goalies and one of them has to either get traded (with a negative value attached to them), one will need to be buiried or we are stuck with bad goaltending again next year. None of those 3 options are good.

Ace Rothstein 04-24-2012 11:36 AM

It is hard to have faith in someone whose best move is trading for Nick Leddy. Stan's drafts are looking strong but still TBD. I have no trust in him making a big trade or in FA.

brtriad 04-24-2012 11:36 AM

Fire McDonough is really what needs to be done. He's turned this team into another Cubs cash cow.

Ace Rothstein 04-24-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

There was no need to resign Emery at that time. There would have been equal options available in FA. Now the Hawks are stuck with the same pair of goalies.

Jeffrey Lebowski 04-24-2012 11:37 AM

Quote:

Emery was fine as a back-up goalie... but not as a starter. When Crawford loses confidence and can't put a string of more than 3 good games in a row, Emery becomes a problem because he can't do that either.

That's why I said one of them needs to go. If you want to give Crawford another chance, you need to sign a goalie who can handle 40 games. If you want to go with Emery as our back-up, then you need a bonafide starting goalie who will limit Emery's role on this team. Both can't co-exist because we're setting ourselves up for another up and down season with them in net.