HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Prospect Info: So Kristo isn't planning on signing with the Habs this year (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1177157)

Habs 04-25-2012 11:03 AM

So Kristo isn't planning on signing with the Habs this year

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/20...his-off-season

I was never big on him, can we trade his rights?

Iwishihadacup 04-25-2012 11:09 AM

why? because he wants to be heavier and stronger to make sure he does not disapoint when he gets here?

CareyClutch 04-25-2012 11:11 AM

old.

Captain Saku 04-25-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup (Post 48788847)
why? because he wants to be heavier and stronger to make sure he does not disapoint when he gets here?

I think 3 years in the NCAA is plenty of time to get stronger

Habs 04-25-2012 11:12 AM

Quote:

I don't think it's a bad move on his part, he'll be a FA and can test the market.

Halifaxhab* 04-25-2012 11:15 AM

depending on why he chose to go back. Did he do it to be able to become a UFA? Is he willing to sign after his senior year?

If he's doing it to be able to become a UFA and walk, and this would hve to be based on what he says to the new GM, I'd think we could add him in as part of a package deal to improve our prospect pool.

But as of now, I'd like to keep him in our system. I think he'll make a good NHLer in about 3 years

MJG 04-25-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 48788965)
I don't think it's a bad move on his part, he'll be a FA and can test the market.

Ya it's a great move for him but bad for the Habs.

Habs 4 Life 04-25-2012 11:25 AM

Why are some of you making a big deal of this, he decided to have another year at the NCAA instead of going to Hamilton. He will be there after next season, more mature and bigger

Pierre Dagenais 04-25-2012 11:25 AM

Quote:

He could have been a UFA this year if he decided to leave school

Habs 4 Life 04-25-2012 11:27 AM

I think the Habs have his rights until 08/15/2013 so I don't know why you guys are panicking

Habs 4 Life 04-25-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJG (Post 48789117)
Ya it's a great move for him but bad for the Habs.

Why is it bad for the Habs? He wouldn't be on the Habs roster come October anyways

Halifaxhab* 04-25-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life (Post 48789645)
I think the Habs have his rights until 08/15/2013 so I don't know why you guys are panicking

no panic. Lots of time to figure out what his real goal is and to make plans for it.

Can't wait to see what the new GM does. I just wish it would have been Jim Nill.

Turtleneck Plek 04-25-2012 11:38 AM

I read somewhere on Twitter that Kristo talked with the Habs before making his decision, and that they fully support him and intend to sign him next summer before they lose his rights. Nothing else to see here, ladies and gents.

Habs 4 Life 04-25-2012 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek (Post 48790149)
I read somewhere on Twitter that Kristo talked with the Habs before making his decision, and that they fully support him and intend to sign him next summer before they lose his rights. Nothing else to see here, ladies and gents.

Don't you know Habs fans by now? This is a huge deal :sarcasm:

Prospector 04-25-2012 11:42 AM

I really hope Kristo dominates the NCAA next year and hit the gym to get stronger for his debut with our organization in two years. He is one of our few forward prospect with top 6 potential.
I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not sure if the guy is fully commited to our organization. I still remember this questionnable choice of gear in an interview. I do not think we should put too much stock into this but still..

Iwishihadacup 04-25-2012 11:45 AM

Quote:

he won't be a UFA, he just decided to slow his graduation down, he does not want to leave the organisation

habsrock76 04-25-2012 11:48 AM

Could this just be a journalist doing an interview and asking the question if he's coming back or not. At this point we have no GM therefore no contract has been offered (im assuming LC isnt handling any of these issues) so what else would he say other then at this point I've have another year of college.

My bet is once the new GM is in place he'll make an offer to Kristo to sign and go to Hamilton who is in desparate need of new blood and talent.

Pierre Dagenais 04-25-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habsrock76 (Post 48790571)
Could this just be a journalist doing an interview and asking the question if he's coming back or not. At this point we have no GM therefore no contract has been offered (im assuming LC isnt handling any of these issues) so what else would he say other then at this point I've have another year of college.

My bet is once the new GM is in place he'll make an offer to Kristo to sign and go to Hamilton who is in desparate need of new blood and talent.

He confirmed on his own twitter account that he would be staying in the NCAA next year

uiCk 04-25-2012 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek (Post 48790149)

pretty much this. Kid wants a degree. good for him.

Et le But 04-25-2012 11:53 AM

The American factor.:shakehead

habitue* 04-25-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

No. Because all he wants is become a UFA in 2013 and play for the team he likes or that will give him the fatter contract...

Iwishihadacup 04-25-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by habitue (Post 48791113)
No. Because all he wants is become a UFA in 2013 and play for the team he likes or that will give him the fatter contract...

holy jumping to conclusions batman

the guy wants to win, and he wants to complete his diploma

2 things that are wonderful for him and the team

Halifaxhab* 04-25-2012 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uiCk (Post 48790743)
pretty much this. Kid wants a degree. good for him.

which is awesome. shows determination and a single mindedness I like to see in a young guy. Someone who follows thru. Nothing wrong with this at all. And Imagine what he'll beable to do for his progression as THE leader of his team. He wore the A this past year. As a Senior he should be in line for the C, and the added duties could only help his progression

WeThreeKings 04-25-2012 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habs (Post 48790813)
I hope you don't have kids, I can tell you would be a horrible parent generalizing like that.

I don't want kids. Idiocy has run rampant and the planet is wearing the brunt of this idiocy. It seems the only gene being passed on to kids these days is how to be a moron who cannot see things beyond the scope of their own personal interest.

Kristo wants to finish his degree and stay at North Dakota for one more year. The Habs can either: Support this decision, stay in contact with him and do what is best for him. They could trade his rights, get significantly less value because he's an unsigned prospect who is unproven and lose one of our best prospects OR they can not support him, piss him off and watch him use the free agency loophole.

I'd say supporting his decision is the right call. Whether or not YOU think it is wrong to go back to school, HE feels that it is best to get his DEGREE right now and enjoy his time being YOUNG and in UNIVERSITY. He is making the best personal choice for HIM. You have to support that decision. He took some time to think about it, consulted with the Habs and his friends and family. This isn't a snap decision. He logically thought it out.

Of course, the over reaction is done by the same masses who have supported the trades of Riberio, Latendresse, Kostitsyn x 2, Higgins, D'Agostini, O'Byrne and Grabovski because they were not superstars the immediate moment they hit NHL ice. Then are the first people to complain that we got rid of them.

habitue* 04-25-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halifaxhab (Post 48791281)
which is awesome. shows determination and a single mindedness I like to see in a young guy. Someone who follows thru. Nothing wrong with this at all. And Imagine what he'll beable to do for his progression as THE leader of his team. He wore the A this past year. As a Senior he should be in line for the C, and the added duties could only help his progression

OK. Keep your post in a safe place. We will see next Spring which way is going Kristo.