HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Jordan Staal II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1177327)

Shrimper 04-25-2012 02:49 PM

Jordan Staal II

Last post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy8oooo (Post 48801633)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kai123
I think its safe to say Staalsy wants out or won't sign a LTD. Just the fact that he said he liked it when Sid was out speaks a lot. He's definitely a #1 Center on any team in the League and I think he wants to show the world he can be that guy. He wants to play at the World Championships, but I have the feeling he wants to prove to everybody that he can make the 2014 Olympic team. Sounds selfish, I know, but he is very well capable of doing so, just not on the Penguins. I say he signs a 2 year deal max or he gets traded at the deadline(very latest). Its sad to say but he is too good to be on this team as a 3rd line center.

I watched the interview from yesterday and it seems like he's holding something back. He just wanted to be politically correct so don't completely quote him on what he said.

So by that statement, you're saying he's the best center in hockey?

Carry on

Michael Gary Scott 04-25-2012 02:52 PM

Oi. That's quite the statement in the first post there.

SEALBound 04-25-2012 02:58 PM

I would love him to sign The Neal Deal. 6 years / $30mil. Very fair.

Shrimper 04-25-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEALBound (Post 48802165)
I would love him to sign The Neal Deal. 6 years / $30mil. Very fair.

It's possible and probably about the most I'd be willing to offer. Any more and we'd be getting in silly contract terms for a 3C in my opinion. Why put that money on a 3C when it could be used to improve the team in general elsewhere?

boredmale 04-25-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

He wants to play at the World Championships, but I have the feeling he wants to prove to everybody that he can make the 2014 Olympic team.
I personally would pick Staal for the Olympics. It's my belief the 4th line center should be a guy whose sole purpose is defense and an argument could be made Staal is the best pick in that reguard(it would be between him and Bergeron, although I might pick both since I like Staal's size and Bergeron's faceoff skills)

ETA: Can this thread be changed to Jordan Staal II: Electric Boogaloo

Jeremyisgood 04-25-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott (Post 48801879)
Oi. That's quite the statement in the first post there.

Haha, pretty brutal. I feel sorry for Crazy 8. Some people will mistakenly think he said that. :laugh:

tmack224 04-25-2012 03:06 PM

Just trade him to Buffalo. He can become the new face of the franchise and everyone will love him like they loved Drury.

Pomminville was the best player on our team this year and can play the 2 way game like Staal so putting him on Crosbys wing would be perfect.

Staal for Pommer is the Deal i can see happening. I dont want to trade Pommer but Im afraid thats the only guy that Pitt is gonna want back in the trade.

What do Pens fans say? I know its been brought up in the post before but i really wanna know how Staal becomes a Sabre.

Preferably with Vanek or Roy going the other way :)

Vanek, Leopold and Pysyk/Mcnabb for Staal, Orpik and a 3rd or 4th in 2012?

Roy, Sekera, Weber and Nashville 1st for Staal, Martin and a 2nd?

Pommer for Staal?

SEALBound 04-25-2012 03:08 PM

Nah, Staal > Pommer

Myers for Staal?

Soundgarden 04-25-2012 03:10 PM

What about a trade to Nashville? We can give you a defensive center like Legwand, Fisher or Spaling, they won't be as offensive, but I think they'd be on par with Staal defensively. And a defensive prospect, or Lindback, or Klein if you wanted to add a lesser defenseman?

Just throwing it out there.

Blitz 04-25-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmack224 (Post 48802525)
Just trade him to Buffalo. He can become the new face of the franchise and everyone will love him like they loved Drury.

Pomminville was the best player on our team this year and can play the 2 way game like Staal so putting him on Crosbys wing would be perfect.

Staal for Pommer is the Deal i can see happening. I dont want to trade Pommer but Im afraid thats the only guy that Pitt is gonna want back in the trade.

What do Pens fans say? I know its been brought up in the post before but i really wanna know how Staal becomes a Sabre.

Pommer for Staal?

As much as I want Staal, Have you seen that face?

static80 04-25-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmack224 (Post 48802525)

Pommer for Staal?

Pommer's won't be going anywhere. He was just made captain and his consistency through his performance is what Buffalo hangs on to.

Something around Vanek? Most likely not given that contract.

Outside of those 2, look to the defense, as for who, Myers won't be going anywhere, but, it could be a package deal, who knows.

I'd like to believe a deal could be worked out that is amiable to both parties.

Jeremyisgood 04-25-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by static80 (Post 48802787)
Pommer's won't be going anywhere. He was just made captain and his consistency through his performance is what Buffalo hangs on to.

Something around Vanek? Most likely not given that contract.

Outside of those 2, look to the defense, as for who, Myers won't be going anywhere, but, it could be a package deal, who knows.

I'd like to believe a deal could be worked out that is amiable to both parties.

You're looking at Pomm or Myers(tweaked around Staal, not straight up). Vanek's cap hit is a no-go.

static80 04-25-2012 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremyisgood (Post 48802961)
You're looking at Pomm or Myers(tweaked around Staal, not straight up). Vanek's cap hit is a no-go.

I tend to agree, the problem from Buffalo's standpoint is that they value those players as well. And it would be difficult to replace either one of them.

I just don't see the Sabres creating a hole in their roster for Staal, it wouldn't be progress, but that's just my opinion.

mpp9 04-25-2012 03:21 PM

Buffalo is not a good trade partner. I want younger pieces and I don't see Buffalo giving them up.

O4GM 04-25-2012 03:24 PM

Leafs-Staal

Pens-Franson,Connoly,2nd,D'Amigo

mpp9 04-25-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O4GM (Post 48803405)
Leafs-Staal

Pens-Franson,Connoly,2nd,D'Amigo

Really?

IcedCapp 04-25-2012 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpp9 (Post 48803515)
Really?

don't question it, just say yes. you KNOW YOU WANT TO.

Finlandia WOAT 04-25-2012 03:31 PM

'Canes offer:

Pitkanen
Conditional first (if Staal resigns. Otherwise we get it back)

for
Staal

Exit Dose 04-25-2012 03:34 PM

For the person that asked about Etem's availability, he probably isn't, due to the local kid angle, but if he were moved it's probably for a young center, with a similar ceiling, that's cost controlled for a few more seasons.

If Staal is really asking for 6.5 million, then I don't see a deal materializing. That's more than we can afford to pay a 2C without the owners raising the spending cap a bit; my guess is that won't happen until there's a new CBA.

1972 04-25-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mpp9 (Post 48803287)
Buffalo is not a good trade partner. I want younger pieces and I don't see Buffalo giving them up.

there isnt alot of teams who would be comfortable giving up younger pieces for a guy with a career high of 50pts and a UFA at years end, I love staal as a player and believe that he will be a 70+ pt player if giving the opportunity.

Buffalo seems like as good as trade partners as anybody, especially with the amount of wing and defenceman the Sabres have in the organization. A guy like Sekera might not be a sexy name to a guy like you who likely doesnt watch many Buffalo games but he could very well be a main piece in a deal for Staal.

ObsessedCreative 04-25-2012 03:40 PM

Clowe + Boyle
for
Staal + Martin

Then Marleau for Luongo (San Jose side).

Both teams are retooled quite a bit.

That was from the first thread... and a counter offer.

Clowe + Boyle + Logan

For

Staal + Martin + Kennedy or Tangradi + 1st round pick

Thoughts?!

Frozen Failure 04-25-2012 03:41 PM

I offer Steve Ott, Reilly Smith, and some Splenda (real sugar upon request).

PoundCake 04-25-2012 03:42 PM

Pens keep Staal, give him a slight pay raise. Trade Malkin for a kings ransom to fill as many roster holes as possible.

Crazy8oooo 04-25-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremyisgood (Post 48802475)
Haha, pretty brutal. I feel sorry for Crazy 8. Some people will mistakenly think he said that. :laugh:

Hahah...I thought the same thing when I saw the start of this thread. I'm just hoping people realize it wasn't me.

ObsessedCreative 04-25-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoundCake (Post 48804381)
Pens keep Staal, give him a slight pay raise. Trade Malkin for a kings ransom to fill as many roster holes as possible.

IF staal is only going to get a "slight pay raise" like you suggested the pens will keep both and fill holes with youth in other areas.

:shakehead