HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Phoenix Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Vrby, where are you??? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1178219)

strizzy16 04-26-2012 01:13 PM

Vrby, where are you???

What's wrong with Radim? Is it still the effects from that allergic reaction?

He turned it on with 3 goals to end the season. That was after being ice cold for a while.

Since then, 0 goals, 1 assist, -4 rating. He's been ineffective with the puck and looks a step slow in my opinion.

This guy scored 35 this season. Thankfully Vermette has picked up the slack. Thoughts?

BuffaloAZ 04-26-2012 01:27 PM

He looked lost without Marty out there in round 1. Hopefully that changes tomorrow.

rt 04-26-2012 01:46 PM

I would guess his neck, collar bone, shoulder, elbow, wrist, or ribs are hurt, based on the way he went into the boards on his first shift of the last series. Any one of those could really limit his effectiveness. I have nothing to back this up, but it's my guess he's playing hurt. If I were forced at gunpoint to guess correctly, I'd go with wrist.

knowsthegame 04-26-2012 01:55 PM

He got injured on the first shift in game 1 and missed the next game or 2, so he really only played in 3 or 4 games coming off an injury.
Tippet already stated he was still playing hurt so we shouldn't expect him to be tearing up and down the ice like he is 100%

AZviaNJ 04-26-2012 02:04 PM

Vrby will catch fire this series. It's coming and we've seen what happens if gets a goal or 2, he can 10 goals in 8 games.

Guest 04-26-2012 02:34 PM

It seems to me that Vrby often has slowed down by the end of the season but I might just have that season he was an UFA and had that huge drought stuck in my head.

He's clearly not 100%, so hopefully a couple of days rest has been good for him, Hanzal, and everyone else nursing injuries.

Vrbata just doesn't strike me as being a playoff player. He has 4-6-10 in 26 playoff games career (.38 PPG) compared to .56 PPG during the regular season.

Frankly, Doan's lack of production has been much more of a concern for me. For years I always said this team would not make the playoffs if Shane Doan was their best player, and that has for the most part been true the past 3 seasons they made the post season. You still expect him to show up in the playoffs and he was somewhat quiet in the first round against Chicago.

mitch27 04-26-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guest (Post 48864085)
It seems to me that Vrby often has slowed down by the end of the season but I might just have that season he was an UFA and had that huge drought stuck in my head.

He's clearly not 100%, so hopefully a couple of days rest has been good for him, Hanzal, and everyone else nursing injuries.

Vrbata just doesn't strike me as being a playoff player. He has 4-6-10 in 26 playoff games career (.38 PPG) compared to .56 PPG during the regular season.

Frankly, Doan's lack of production has been much more of a concern for me. For years I always said this team would not make the playoffs if Shane Doan was their best player, and that has for the most part been true the past 3 seasons they made the post season. You still expect him to show up in the playoffs and he was somewhat quiet in the first round against Chicago.

I think Doan just doesn't have the speed anymore. I'm fine with him not putting up a bunch of points as long as he keeps running around hitting everything that moves.

PhoPhan 04-26-2012 02:46 PM

Doan looks hurt to me, to be honest. I'm thinking shoulder. He's hitting, but not with the same ferocity, and he's been very hesitant to shoot.

strizzy16 04-26-2012 03:01 PM

Hopefully he comes out strong against the preds. Everyone was talking about the question marks in the secondary scoring before playoffs started -- the goals from brule and chip and pyatt were a huge boost against the hawks. But we definitely need some primary scoring against nashville, aka doan and vrby

And yeah doan wan't quite his usual physical presence, especially on the boards, in the last series. A lot of our offense comes from forechecking and turnovers so he's key.

mitch27 04-26-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhoPhan (Post 48864723)
Doan looks hurt to me, to be honest. I'm thinking shoulder. He's hitting, but not with the same ferocity, and he's been very hesitant to shoot.

You're probably right. Everyone else is, why can't he be? :laugh:

BigGumby 04-27-2012 11:42 PM

Well, Vrby showed up tonight. Let's hope he can keep it up.

mitch27 04-28-2012 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigGumby (Post 48958369)
Well, Vrby showed up tonight. Let's hope he can keep it up.

I found him! I found him! :laugh:

Atrkl 04-28-2012 12:28 AM

So the line is reunited and healthy tonight and then they notch 2 goals... me like :nod:

Winnipeg Jet 04-28-2012 12:44 AM

Why is it that the first thought I had after reading the title of this thread was to hum "Vrby, Vrby-do, where are you, we've got some work to do now"?